Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama has had success.

supervike

Economic Stimulus Act of 2008. Unless you made some amount of money putting you into the upper part of the top 1% then you got a check too. True, it was not very much, like $500, depending on many variables. But most US citizens did get a check.

which most citizens love to ignore pointing their fingers at some banks.

Well you're half right. You're right that it doesn't matter what person is President, but the Party does. Democrats and Republicans have different masters with different agendas.

I don't believe that for a moment. They have the same master who encourages them to have a difference of opinion on things that don't matter much to the money elite such as affirmative action, immigration, abortion, gay marriage, etc.... Regardless of which party (as if there is more than one) holds the "power" the revolving door between big business and those elements of the government meant to regulate them remains revolving, corporate citizenship is not even on the radar, and the war machine gets bigger and better.
  • Like 1

which most citizens love to ignore pointing their fingers at some banks.

Seriously?? We should be cool with the banks cause 0bama took off 500 bucks off what I OWED THEM?????????? Gave me back 500 bucks that I worked for??? I pay the federal goverment damn near 500 bucks a week. THAT makes ruining the economy and putting us in unsustainable debt ok?? You might be willing to sell your soul for 500 bucks of your own money. Im not.

• Like 1

Seriously?? We should be cool with the banks cause 0bama took off 500 bucks off what I OWED THEM?????????? Gave me back 500 bucks that I worked for??? I pay the federal goverment damn near 500 bucks a week. THAT makes ruining the economy and putting us in unsustainable debt ok?? You might be willing to sell your soul for 500 bucks of your own money. Im not.

Liberal logic. They don't get it that the federal government produces noting, it simply takes from the producers and redistributes. 44% of them still think Obama is doing a good job but that means 56% of democrats finally realized their messiah is a pointy headed, know-nothing academic who hasn't worked in the real world a day in his life.

Sad thing is they'd vote for him again, just look at the dolts crowing about Obama on this thread. They actually believe that unemployment is getting better, until you explain how those numbers work thne they don't say anything or just insult you.

• Like 1

Sad thing is they'd vote for him again, just look at the dolts crowing about Obama on this thread. They actually believe that unemployment is getting better, until you explain how those numbers work thne they don't say anything or just insult you.

"How those numbers work" changed after Obama took office? Explain.

You got a stimulus check?

I did. They were like either $600 for normal people or $300 for poor waiters paying their way through college like me. I went and bought more plastic junk at Walmart like the Commander in Chief recommended.

I did. They were like either $600 for normal people or $300 for poor waiters paying their way through college like me. I went and bought more plastic junk at Walmart like the Commander in Chief recommended.

Yeah I remember now. I remember the folks on the left were trying real hard to convince people of how grateful we should have been as though 0bama took the money right out of his own pocket and gave it to us. And the only reason he gave back some of our own money was to soften the blow cause he was gonna continue to give failed corupted banks trillions of tax payer dollars.

They don't get it that the federal government produces noting,

sure it does, War and terrorists. Really good at producing those.

• Like 1

Double post, apologies.

Edited by andy4

Yeah I remember now. I remember the folks on the left were trying real hard to convince people of how grateful we should have been as though 0bama took the money right out of his own pocket and gave it to us. And the only reason he gave back some of our own money was to soften the blow cause he was gonna continue to give failed corupted banks trillions of tax payer dollars.

You do realize that happened under Bush right? He was the one who started the first stimulus act. Therefore any sane person would note that the economy was already in trouble before he left office.

Also, how were we to pay off $145 billion dollars when we were already in debt? Bush took a surplus and created a deficit, which kept building because the economy was collapsing. Since Obama has been in office for the last 2 or so years, it has slowed substantially. Even if it hasn't gotten better it hasn't gotten worse, and there's no way one can deny that. Most on here will of course, but that's what being close minded is all about.

It has gotten better. The stats all show this. If it had kept getting worse you would be in some serious trouble today.

Edited by andy4

Psshhh, war isn't even expensive! What is wrong with you man?!

It has gotten better. The stats all show this. If it had kept getting worse you would be in some serious trouble today.

It has, but I think the point of discussion is whether what has been done is worthy of being labeled "Successful", or not. Would someone else have steered the nation better to leave Recession and Recovery behind faster? IMHO, almost certainly.

If we accept the OP statement as Successful, we MUST also accept that Bush's economy for 7 of his 8 years was even MORE successful.

• Like 1

andy4 likes what you say. Lucky you

• Like 1

You do realize that happened under Bush right? He was the one who started the first stimulus act. Therefore any sane person would note that the economy was already in trouble before he left office.

Also, how were we to pay off $145 billion dollars when we were already in debt? Bush took a surplus and created a deficit, which kept building because the economy was collapsing. Since Obama has been in office for the last 2 or so years, it has slowed substantially. Even if it hasn't gotten better it hasn't gotten worse, and there's no way one can deny that. Most on here will of course, but that's what being close minded is all about.

Wait, you think Id defend Bush? If it were up to me the man would have hung on the first tree I could find on the white house lawn.

0bama just took the ball where Bush left off and ran with it.

If you consider us being on the verge of a total economic collapse "better", then I dont know what to tell ya.

Would someone else have steered the nation better to leave Recession and Recovery behind faster? IMHO, almost certainly.

Not if the the Democrats would have then pulled the same unprecedented abuse of the filibuster that the Republicans have to block all legislation.

It has, but I think the point of discussion is whether what has been done is worthy of being labeled "Successful", or not. Would someone else have steered the nation better to leave Recession and Recovery behind faster? IMHO, almost certainly.

If we accept the OP statement as Successful, we MUST also accept that Bush's economy for 7 of his 8 years was even MORE successful.

To me "successful" is whether or not we are better off after a president's leadership than when he started.

• Like 1

Not if the the Democrats would have then pulled the same unprecedented abuse of the filibuster that the Republicans have to block all legislation.

Oh yes.... The filibuster argument. A "Successful" president would have been grown up enough to work across the Aisle, instead of fostering 6 years of the most divisive political pettiness the US has ever seen.

To me "successful" is whether or not we are better off after a president's leadership than when he started.

Who ran in 2004 against Bush? John Kerry? If Kerry had won, would 2008 have gone down any different? If McCain had won in 2008, would we not still have improvement today from 2008?

If Bush lost on 2004, would he have been a more successful President?

Who ran in 2004 against Bush? John Kerry? If Kerry had won, would 2008 have gone down any different? If McCain had won in 2008, would we not still have improvement today from 2008?

If Bush lost on 2004, would he have been a more successful President?

We don't know. We can only really make judgements on what happened and how the president responded, not what might have been. What might have been is as infinite as a person's imagination.

We don't know. We can only really make judgements on what happened and how the president responded, not what might have been. What might have been is as infinite as a person's imagination.

Yeah, but to a large degree models can tell us what would have happened. The Recession would have hit anyway, and there would have been a Recovery where everything went back toward normal.

I think just because the numbers started trending back toward normal, is not a reason to proclaim success. They have always trended back toward normal Regardless of what party is in power in whatever branch of government.

The fact, in my opinion, is that there have been many Recessions, and this one has been one of the slowest Recoverys ever. Some blame that on Bush, and some on the Rich, but, again, in my opinion, the Buck stops with the Head of the Executive Branch and always has.

100 years from now, no one is going to be be saying the slow recovery was Boehner's fault, or Reid's fault. All people will remember is that Obama was in charge during these very slow years.

Edited by DieChecker

Oh yes.... The filibuster argument. A "Successful" president would have been grown up enough to work across the Aisle, instead of fostering 6 years of the most divisive political pettiness the US has ever seen.

really. A sane political party would work with the president rather than blocking all government.

really. A sane political party would work with the president rather than blocking all government.

Even if the president is the most incompetent fool in the history of the republic?

• Like 2

Clinton worked with the Republicans. As did Carter. It is give and take. If all there is, is Take, there will be no Give.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Clinton worked with the Republicans. As did Carter. It is give and take. If all there is, is Take, there will be no Give.

But, it is setting up the precedent for the reverse to happen.

And it will. Politicians have long memories for those things.

We don't elect these people to just set up road blocks. We expect things to change. But then they never do, and the in fighting just goes to the next level.

No wonder so many of us have become disgusted with the entire process.