Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama has had success.

supervike

The most radical conservatives... arguably the Tea Party.... Came into being not 20 years ago, or 10 years ago, but in 2009, when Obama and the Democrats were thumbing their noses at the Republicans and claiming that they did not need bi-partisanship. I think 2009 was the reason the nation is so very divided today.

But, it is setting up the precedent for the reverse to happen.

And it will. Politicians have long memories for those things.

We don't elect these people to just set up road blocks. We expect things to change. But then they never do, and the in fighting just goes to the next level.

No wonder so many of us have become disgusted with the entire process.

Yes, it will come back. The way the democrats passed the massive failure that is ACA, against the rules of the Senate, will come back to haunt.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

But, it is setting up the precedent for the reverse to happen.

And it will. Politicians have long memories for those things.

We don't elect these people to just set up road blocks. We expect things to change. But then they never do, and the in fighting just goes to the next level.

No wonder so many of us have become disgusted with the entire process.

we're these people not around during Obama's first term when he got damn near everything he asked for. then "we the people" sent some people up there to put the brakes on the spending orgy.

the way I see it they are doing a fine job because as far as I'm concerned the less that get's done in D.C. the better off I am.

Even if the president is the most incompetent fool in the history of the republic?

I see you've given up on Obamacare bashing.

Clinton worked with the Republicans. As did Carter. It is give and take. If all there is, is Take, there will be no Give.

that was over 10 years ago. Things have changed. RADICALLY. You're living in the past.

Edited by ninjadude

that was over 10 years ago. Things have changed. RADICALLY. You're living in the past.

So? Those who don't learn from the Past are Doomed to repeat it.

What should be done then? The Republicans should just let Obama do whatever he wants? There should be no meeting toward the center?

People who say things have radically changed are naive. EVERY generation says that things have changed radically. Yet, every generation except this one have managed to work together. Under Obama's rulership.

I see you've given up on Obamacare bashing.

Really? I got banned when one of you reported me for arguing "too roughly". Anyways, Obamacare is so horribly flawed I didn't think anyone was obsequious enough to continue defending it but maybe you are still game? LMAO. You are the zoser of the political section.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Really? I got banned when one of you reported me for arguing "too roughly". Anyways, Obamacare is so horribly flawed I didn't think anyone was obsequious enough to continue defending it but maybe you are still game? LMAO. You are the zoser of the political section.

You are Banned for using the name of Zoser in Vain.... (ha ha ha....) :innocent:

• Like 1

So? Those who don't learn from the Past are Doomed to repeat it.

What should be done then? The Republicans should just let Obama do whatever he wants? There should be no meeting toward the center?

Obama and the Democrats would be THRILLED, over the MOON, if the Republicans would meet them in the middle. Instead, the Republicans seem intent on government shutdown.

• Like 1

Obama and the Democrats would be THRILLED, over the MOON, if the Republicans would meet them in the middle. Instead, the Republicans seem intent on government shutdown.

Well, I am glad that the Democrats have taken the high ground and offered the olive branch to the Republicans... Oh wait. That didn't happen....

Well, I am glad that the Democrats have taken the high ground and offered the olive branch to the Republicans... Oh wait. That didn't happen....

They tried, but the tea party wanted to repeal the ACA and the democrats would never let that happen. They should've known that already and tried to get something done with democrats, but instead they acted like spoiled children and started sulking about it.

Do you understand what negotiation means? Apparently not. Your president has never budged an inch to appease the other side so there is no negotiation with him and the democrat majority. That said, Obama and the dems have gotten everything they asked for because the republicans couldn't do a thing to stop them yet the country is in a shambles.

This constant whining from the left about meeting in the middle is the silliest rhetoric I have ever seen, even from the progressive left. Only a man-child would whine like Barry does, that nothing is his fault. Funny fact that you always avoid answering is that Obama has presented several budgets in his failed 6 years in office and has never gotten a single yes vote from either party. Not one! I guess your people are obstructionist as well.

Hey ninja, how about those latest polls!!! Can you imagine if Obama hadn't stopped the worst aspects of ACA from being enacted? He'd be in the low 20s now. Everything I have ever predicted has come true and then some, everything you predicted has failed. You keep on believing and I pray there are a bunch of you out there preaching the same thing. I am glad folks like you can't admit making mistakes, works for me. Sooner or later even the press will leave him in the cold.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

They tried, but the tea party wanted to repeal the ACA and the democrats would never let that happen. They should've known that already and tried to get something done with democrats, but instead they acted like spoiled children and started sulking about it.

So regardless that the ACA had issues, the Republicans should have not raised any doubts and instead have toe'd the line?

Obama has been a lot better than most presidents, the man came into the office with a mop bucket in hand to clean up the mess of warlord bush. But for the tea party crowd it wouldn't matter what he did because of the colour of his skin.

Obama has been a lot better than most presidents, the man came into the office with a mop bucket in hand to clean up the mess of warlord bush. But for the tea party crowd it wouldn't matter what he did because of the colour of his skin.

LMAO. I guess you missed the Carter years? Silly progressives think history starts when they are born.

LMAO. I guess you missed the Carter years? Silly progressives think history starts when they are born.

No I wasn't around until the 90s, my understanding of that perticular period is there was a gas shortage and Jimmy Carter was a great diplomat and humanitarian.

No I wasn't around until the 90s, my understanding of that perticular period is there was a gas shortage and Jimmy Carter was a great diplomat and humanitarian.

ba da dum. Thanks for making it easy.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

You understand young epic that presidents aren't forced into their positions? They actively seek it out voluntarily. When they land the job certain expectations are on the helm. They campaign on promising to fix whatever real or perceived mess they are getting into. It is unacceptable and unprofessional to actually get the job and then play the overworked employee pleading for some slack. If he wasn't truly up to it he shouldn't have asked for it.

• Like 2

And he ended those wars so quickly. Not escalating them, or attacking Libya at all..... (sarcasm)

Edited by DieChecker

And he ended those wars so quickly. Not escalating them, or attacking Libya at all..... (sarcasm)

Would you vote for dr carson if he ran in 2016?

I like Dr. Carson. I'm not convinced he's presidential material yet but his character is right. Would it be racist if Die said no? Don't be so simple. I'll bet you anything that if Dr. Carson does run it will be the left wing of the country that rips him to shreds just like they did with Herman Cain. Mr. Cain wasn't ready for the position either but the evisceration wasn't because of his policies, at least not until the very end when he flubbed some foreign policy questions. They ran full speed ahead with a rumor mill until he conceded the fight. The left attacks minorities on the right with great prejudice. Also, voting for someone because they are black is every bit as racist as voting against them for that simple attribute.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

It's not too late for you youngster. You're 24 years old tops. I suspect younger. Either way, don't get sucked in too deep with racist and racially charged progressive policies. They're using you like a pawn. Blind accusations of racism are a means of division and left wing progressivism can't exist without division. So, before you start throwing that card around you need to bring more proof than a personal hunch likely based on heresy and thinkprogress blogs. If you can't bring the proof then concede to being used, pawn.

• Like 1

It's not too late for you youngster. You're 24 years old tops. I suspect younger. Either way, don't get sucked in too deep with racist and racially charged progressive policies. They're using you like a pawn. Blind accusations of racism are a means of division and left wing progressivism can't exist without division. So, before you start throwing that card around you need to bring more proof than a personal hunch likely based on heresy and thinkprogress blogs. If you can't bring the proof then concede to being used, pawn.

I'm 21 and I'm Canadian not American. Your politics are so much more interesting than ours. Much more passion, scandal and anger.

Would you vote for dr carson if he ran in 2016?

I'm not familiar with him, so I looked him up online. He seems to have a good resume, and is not a DC Lawyer, but rather an actual doctor. Conservative and Christian. Not too old. I'd certainly consider voting for him, depending on who else was running.

I'm 21 and I'm Canadian not American. Your politics are so much more interesting than ours. Much more passion, scandal and anger.

Very well but enough of that race card crap.