Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama has had success.

supervike

Honestly, the volunteer military is a much better force than a drafted one. The last thing anyone in the military wants is forced conscription.

That would be fine. But the "militia training" would be a prerequisite for gun ownership. Since almost 70% of the US population does not own a gun, they wouldn't mind not serving.

That would be fine. But the "militia training" would be a prerequisite for gun ownership. Since almost 70% of the US population does not own a gun, they wouldn't mind not serving.

I heard stories about the conscript military and none were good. The stuff the they do now requires a higher level of commitment and intelligence to accomplish, for the most part. Although, as Judge Smails said. "Well the world needs ditch diggers too."

Edited by Merc14

I heard stories about the conscript military and none were good. The stuff the they do now requires a higher level of commitment and intelligence to accomplish, for the most part. Although, as Judge Smails said. "Well the world needs ditch diggers too."

I heard that the Army will not even accept anyone now that does not have a GED or High School degree. Used to be kids could drop out of school and later join the infantry.

But, these people wouldn't be Army, or even National Guard. They would be militia. Local people who are called up by local leaders in times of fighting/war. None of them would be driving a tank, or using drones, or performing airborne assaults. They would still be free citizens, not military owned volunteers. They could join or drop out at any time, and would just loose/gain any benefits as they did so. The "Captain" (probably an officer elected by the militia group) would come around and collect the militia drop out's guns, or at least require them to be moved to an armory.

Edited by DieChecker

I heard that the Army will not even accept anyone now that does not have a GED or High School degree. Used to be kids could drop out of school and later join the infantry.

But, these people wouldn't be Army, or even National Guard. They would be militia. Local people who are called up by local leaders in times of fighting/war. None of them would be driving a tank, or using drones, or performing airborne assaults. They would still be free citizens, not military owned volunteers. They could join or drop out at any time, and would just loose/gain any benefits as they did so. The "Captain" (probably an officer elected by the militia group) would come around and collect the militia drop out's guns, or at least require them to be moved to an armory.

Heavy weapons and untrained, undisciplined, poorly led troops never works out. Aircraft and other exotic weapon systems take massive training, dedication and time to train so I vote no on a national militia. State militias are fine but Barry doesn't need an army dedicated to him.

Edited by Merc14

So you would rather they just run loose, as other posters contend is happening? The 2008 law concerning South American counties immigrants and the violence that they are fleeing are not new and planning for that event is not rocket science.

The law wasn't for people fleeing violence. It says nothig at all about that,

Harte

Give 'em to the Military.

as I understand it, they are not eligible.

as I understand it, they are not eligible.

They all will eventually if they stay here. All they need is the equivalent to a green card, and the equivalent to a high school education. The government could easily make those happen for these kids given years.

http://todaysmilitary.com/joining/entrance-requirements?source-id=Enlistment_Requirements_Broad&content-id=us_military_requirements&medium-id=Broad&campaign-id=Todays_Military_Responsive

CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENTS

U.S. citizens or Permanent Resident Aliens (people who have an INS I-151/I-551 "Green Card") may join the U.S. Military. For more information about citizenship, visit the U.S. Immigration and Nationalization (INS) website.

Properly documented non-citizens may enlist. However, opportunities may be limited. Contact a recruiter for more advice on a specific situation.

For enlistment purposes, the United States includes Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands and Palau.

I'd suggest you look at it a little more closely http://www.state.gov...laws/113178.htm

The title says it all: "William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008."

Harte

• Like 2

The title says it all: "William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008."

So.. you think "trafficking" is not violence?

So.. you think "trafficking" is not violence?

669.gif

Harte

• Like 1

A great capper to this most absurd of threads. OBTW, 39% approval and falling. Yeah, he has accomplished something.

http://www.telegraph...of-his-job.html

Moving to California post Presidency? Why not back to Chicago, and organize some of those neighborhood kids?

If Nero fiddled while Rome burned, then Obama is dining out, golfing, and raising money while the world collapses.

BRUTAL!!

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Every leftie on the site is over on the "Obama wants t be impeached" thread extolling the virtues of Obama and Saul Alinsky and blaming Obama's failures on the lazy republican congress. It's absurd. They behave as if no president has had a challenging congress. I unfollowed as there are far to many leftie mods there that don't like to be disagreed with.

Edited by Merc14