Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange scary sounds from sky

Large metal sheet held vertical, sitting on the ground.

Sheet is struck with a metal object, then bent while the sound reverberates through it.

• Like 2

OK, Rapture, your probably freaking out about this sound in the sky. You may have even researched several videos with related topic, but find that the sounds vary, and in some cases they might match. The only problem is that you haven't researched enough. I have however, so to keep you from crawling out of your skin anylonger, I will just share with you what I have learned. These sounds, which do vary all around the world, are actually solor storms hitting our atmosphere. The reason why the sounds vary, is because the angle in which it hits us, in comparison to where YOU are on the planet, will alter the sound. Basically our atmosphere is acting like one giant speaker. If you don't quite want to believe this, like most people tell me, you can read it for yourself, like I did.

http://www.sott.net/article/240863-Strange-Sounds-in-Sky-Explained-by-Scientists

• Like 1

That's freaky and I don't think its large sheet mental geting hit.i had huge prices of sheet metal and hit them when I was a kid they never sounded like this lol.

There are many different logical explanations for these videos.

One was explained by a blade being sharpened nearby.

Here's another explanation:

(open in youtube and read the explanation)

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Hugh
  • Like 2

There is no "scientific" proof of where or what the sound is.

I'm sorry these sounds are real(not sure about all the vids). I heard them when I was working in Northern Alberta. People that were over 600k away in Edmonton heard them the same time.

Edited by TheOtherSide1945
  • Like 1

Funny thing is a while back, after I watched many clips of these "strange sounds from the sky" and found all the rational explanations for them, I went to shovel my driveway (it was in the middle of winter) and sure enough, I heard a trumpet sound at 1:30am. It wasn't coming from the sky but from a wooded area. I figured some drunken guy must be out there with a cheap plastic trumpet... Then, half an hour later, it sounded again. That one, however, surely must have been a message of the end of times !!!

By the way, most of those YouTube clips borrow their soundtrack for the "weird sounds from the sky" from that movie:

and others borrow them from here:

[media=]

OK, Rapture, your probably freaking out about this sound in the sky. You may have even researched several videos with related topic, but find that the sounds vary, and in some cases they might match. The only problem is that you haven't researched enough. I have however, so to keep you from crawling out of your skin anylonger, I will just share with you what I have learned. These sounds, which do vary all around the world, are actually solor storms hitting our atmosphere. The reason why the sounds vary, is because the angle in which it hits us, in comparison to where YOU are on the planet, will alter the sound. Basically our atmosphere is acting like one giant speaker. If you don't quite want to believe this, like most people tell me, you can read it for yourself, like I did.

http://www.sott.net/...d-by-Scientists

Based on the fact that the article, thats placed on a page with a donation button BTW, contains the wording "acoustic-gravity waves",

the article should not be included into scientific based investigations about the mentioned phenomenon.

• Like 2

It would be a bit more polite next time you post, to add a text description of what youre wanting to talk about, I for one, dont click links without any description or discussion

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Based on the fact that the article, thats placed on a page with a donation button BTW, contains the wording "acoustic-gravity waves",

the article should not be included into scientific based investigations about the mentioned phenomenon.

I don't understand, are you saying that acoustic gravity waves can't possibly exist, because you have some sort of degree in this field to disprove this, and that any scientist with a correct understanding couldn't possibly have his words posted or shared on a website that's asking for donations?

The most ordinary explanation is generally the most likely one...

So let's stop trying to look for the most extraordinary ones. This is all from YouTube, by the way... Headquarters of the hoaxers !

• Like 1

This is a wide spread phenomenon in numerous countries on the globe.There are extremely numerous hypothesis regarding its origins from which the most reliable is the magnetic field, or an intensive peek of radio communication wave discharge. Google

Strange noises in the sky

The Solar storm theory makes most sense to me and I'm gonna look into the stuff said in the last post as well. They are indeed strange sounds but they do not scare me what so ever and I really don't think they should be feared.

This is a wide spread phenomenon in numerous countries on the globe.There are extremely numerous hypothesis regarding its origins from which the most reliable is the magnetic field, or an intensive peek of radio communication wave discharge. Google

Yeah, dats how you do resurch!! Only one small problem - I get 538,000 results. But for "world war 2 plane found on moon" I get 2,070,000 results.

So research tells me that the latter is almost 4 times more credible, right..?

• Like 3

"Widespread" does not make it real or supernatural. And by "widespread", what we have are "lots of YouTube clips", which even news media reports on. And the fact that people ignore the simple explanations because they want to keep it very mysterious and attach some extraordinary explanation to it.

Every recording I have ever heard of these noises is either a hoax (sounds from movie soundtracks) or sounds that have very simple explanations (trains with squeaky wheels). But of course the fantastic explanations are so much more exciting !!!

For example....

Here is what pretty much seems to be an authentic recording of the "strange sounds":

Now here is the less glamorous explanation:

[media=]

It's not because it sounds strange that there isn't a very plain and boring explanation...

Edited by ufoscan
  • Like 3

Can you explain in your own words what either of those explanations mean and how they work? What is an "intensive peek of radio communication wave discharge" and how does it cause the sounds in the OP video?
  • Like 2

I don't understand, are you saying that acoustic gravity waves can't possibly exist, because you have some sort of degree in this field to disprove this, and that any scientist with a correct understanding couldn't possibly have his words posted or shared on a website that's asking for donations?

Acoustic gravity waves do exist but they occur at very high altitudes and at very low frequencies. They are caused by Earth's gravity pulling the outer edge of the atmosphere back in response to solar winds pushing them away. Because of the very high altitudes and very low frequencies, no one is going to hear them let alone on the ground. It is thought that extreme solar activity could produce waves strong enough to have audible harmonics but that has not yet been verified.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 3

I should add that acoustic gravity waves can also be caused by large pressure waves in the atmosphere. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, electrical storms, meteorites, and nuclear explosions can be enough to cause ripples in the upper atmosphere. Project Mogul was designed to use this phenomenon to identify Soviet nuclear tests.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 3

I never put much stock in these video's. I thought a few of them were pretty cool, but wasnt really here or there about it. Then one early morning as the sun was coming up, me and my wife were awoke by a horrific extremely loud noise. Sounded almost like a 747 was hovering over top of my house. After about 40 seconds of it my wife got really scared. So I jump outta bed and run to my door, but it ended just as I opened it. After that I started paying more attention to these video's.

• Like 1

I am sick of end of the world nonsense, people get more excited about their pending doom than their birthdays

• Like 2

The end is near boys. Regret of your sins now. :sk

End to what? There is no end but transformation. My body dies and will feed trees and gras. My energy can dissipate to ether but never vanish entirely and it can be the moving motor to a micro logical or macro-logical further event.

Edited by qxcontinuum