Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Albert Einstein's brain 'not so special'

UM-Bot

Psychologist Terence Hines has debunked previous claims that Einstein's brain had special properties.

One of the most celebrated scientists in history, Albert Einstein's name itself has become synonymous with the concept of genius thanks to his myriad of contributions to the world of physics such as his famous general theory of relativity.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-not-so-special

Psychologist Terence Hines has debunked previous claims that Einstein's brain had special properties.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-not-so-special

There's a lot of lies out there about Einstein such as his IQ level. His IQ level was below average not the genius level many sources claim. Relativity wasn't his own work he got if from ancient Indian sources. Tesla got his ideas from it too as have many other household name scientists.

• Like 1

All brains are equal but some brains are more equal than others.

• Like 2

Well I think that the human mind does still remain largely a mystery, it has already been said countless times that we do not use our brains full potential, perhaps Einstein had one of those dormant regions switched on? Or maybe he just 'thought' differently and his brain worked under a different process to ours? Or perhaps like Beethoven or Stephen Hawking, he was just born with a special gift. Just my ramblings and thoughts on the article :)

• Like 1

A lot of what people equate with 'intelligence' is linked to how the brain is trained to think from an early age. It's the classic "nature vs nurture" debate, and I side with much of our intelligence being nurture.

• Like 1

There's a lot of lies out there about Einstein such as his IQ level. His IQ level was below average not the genius level many sources claim. Relativity wasn't his own work he got if from ancient Indian sources. Tesla got his ideas from it too as have many other household name scientists.

Care to elaborate the Tesla part? What particular sources suggest that? This is really interesting to me therefore my curiosity.

Edited by Nenaraz

Einstein's IQ was not below average. Although he was never formally tested the concepts and mathematics he used to formulate his scientific theories indicate that he was at the very least in the gifted catagory.

• Like 1

Ancient Indian sources even invented the Internet, and Microwave Ovens.

• Like 4

Einstein's IQ was not below average. Although he was never formally tested the concepts and mathematics he used to formulate his scientific theories indicate that he was at the very least in the gifted catagory.

Quite right.

In addition, he was certainly not inspired by any Vedic text, nor was Tesla.

Harte

• Like 1

Physically, perhaps no different from any other, but quantifying where genius comes from and how it manifests itself is another matter. I wish I could be this "average."

• Like 1

Ancient Indian sources even invented the Internet, and Microwave Ovens.

Ancient Indian sources invented the Kama Sutra, after that, little work got done.

• Like 5

Our brains are essentially organs that translate electrical signals from all parts of the body, i.e. our five senses, so why couldn't this 'receiver' translate wireless signals also? There are many documented instances of this being the case.

Be careful about watching the sky, it may change your life forever.

I think all people posses the ability of higher thinking like Einstein. But just not everybody is able to use it. Just look at the UFO/Conspiracy/ETC theorist outhere and here. Sometimes im puzzled by them, yes what they say is 99% bull...but this is not the point. Its their brainwork in connecting the dots the work they do sometimes extremely complex. I wonder if their life were different and they used their thinking for science instead against science, they would all be Einsteins?

As far I know Einstein in Germany was pushed aside in favor of aryan kids. Maybe that culd have been the trigger?

Of course not special. We all have his abilities and MUCH MUCH more. Which is why acquired savant syndrome exists in the first place, as well as people experiencing head injuries and waking up speaking foreign, medieval and sometimes extinct languages. It's all in there, I don't know how, but it's all in there.

Much can be learned from Einstein's observed personality. He possessed Grit, that is, the perseverance and passion to pursue long term goals despite failure and adversity. And, that is a trait we can all aspire to.

Einstein took on the hard questions and thought about them.

IQ test in my opinion is a poor method of measuring intelligence (only because mine is so low and I am so smart!). Looking at a brain physically to define intelligence would be like looking at a CPU or hard drive to determine how advance the software was. I am amazed at Asperger's or Savant syndrome which occurs in individuals who score very low on IQ tests, while demonstrating exceptional skills or brilliance in specific areas, such as rapid calculation, art, memory, or musical ability. Then again, even after brain damage people can develop amazing abilities, so maybe it is hardware?

Einstein took on the hard questions and thought about them.

Nope! It is in the classical textbooks, yes, but it is not true.

Well, Einstein... An ordinary guy with ordinary brain but with great ideas that, even today, only few fully understand and scientists do confirm his ideas to be correct with every new day. And how long was it since he wrote his theory's?

Ordinary...

Einstein was no ordinary person. He was a genius and he thought out of the box -- completely out of it -- and therefor had insights that once you "get" them are startling. I think a lot of people don't get them and blame Einstein, not the limitations of their own brains.

• Like 4

We may at some point in the future look back and discover some of his thoughts and theories were not 100% correct,but he had a great mind!Slandering his name without anything as proof for doing so is just bad form.

Yes, people, they really exist and really think like that.

I wouldn't characterize it as "thinking." In fact, it is the polar opposite.

Harte

Well two definitions of "think." One is to ponder and look for the truth. The other is to hold opinions.

I would say, then, that what we have here is the formation of an opinion occuring in the absence of thought.

Must be a new phenomenon.

Harte

• Like 2