Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Albert Einstein's brain 'not so special'

UM-Bot

I don't suppose Einstein's brain is special any longer since he's been dead for quite a while.

• Like 1

I don't suppose Einstein's brain is special any longer since he's been dead for quite a while.

What, you don't watch Futurama?

Harte

• Like 1

Einstein also had the ability for total concentration on one subject for long periods of time, years, in fact. Story goes a physicist visited Einstein in his later years to discuss some element of physics. He said they worked all morning on some idea, paused for lunch (at which Einstein's wife had to constantly remind Albert to eat), studied all afternoon, then all evening until it was time for bed.

The next day they studied until late afternoon, when the physicist had to leave. The physicist later said he was so intellectually exhausted after his visit with Einstein that he didn't want to think about physics the rest of the week in order to recuperate. Then he thought, Einstein has concentrated on physics at this intellectually intense level every day of his life!

Einstein also had the ability for total concentration on one subject for long periods of time, years, in fact. Story goes a physicist visited Einstein in his later years to discuss some element of physics. He said they worked all morning on some idea, paused for lunch (at which Einstein's wife had to constantly remind Albert to eat), studied all afternoon, then all evening until it was time for bed.

The next day they studied until late afternoon, when the physicist had to leave. The physicist later said he was so intellectually exhausted after his visit with Einstein that he didn't want to think about physics the rest of the week in order to recuperate. Then he thought, Einstein has concentrated on physics at this intellectually intense level every day of his life!

That guy then didn't know what it's like to go to a shopping with a girl who thinks that everything's making her look fat : P

• Like 1

it is not about the size and shape

it is all about how you USE it.

Einstein was no ordinary person. He was a genius and he thought out of the box -- completely out of it -- and therefor had insights that once you "get" them are startling. I think a lot of people don't get them and blame Einstein, not the limitations of their own brains.

Each person has their own set of talents, and he was esp gifted in his field. His brain was physically special, (somehow) and the way he used it was also. (He had an average sized brain as well.) How many here can truthfully say they understand the TOR?

His definition of insanity, "Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results."

Again, I have to mention that one cannot be sure this theory is accurate. Just when in the sleep/wake phase Einstein in when he died? Research on rat brains indicate that the interstitial fluid space in the brain expand remarkably while asleep, and shrinks when awake. If einstein died while sleeping or in some kind of coma, the interstial space would be expanded, indicating less glial space. If he died while awake, then the glial space would be expanded.

What condition was Einstein in when he died? Anyone know?

http://www.sciencema...nt/342/6156/373

I think I should say that the interstitial space is the area BETWEEN the cells, the space outside the arterial, venous system and cellular space. Let me see if I can find a better explanation of this:

http://en.wikipedia....erstitial_fluid

Edited by regeneratia

Please tell us the effect formaldehyde has on the glial space.

Pickles shrink, I know that much.

Harte