Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Galactic mathematics

Taslerrynsayden

Our conventional mathematics is rather clumsy, dumb and what have you,

There is a much better and more elegant mathematics called "Galactic Mathematics" or "Vedic Mathematics:

It uses sutra's for solving mathematical problems.

From simple arithmetic to calculus (Higher mathematics).

By some it is seen as a 'bag of tricks' but only,and only then, when you start working with it you get a feel for how elegant and intelligent this wholse system is.

Some, for now, very simple, arithtmatic

First do them in the conventional way and show how it is done, than I will do the Vedic Math way

What is:

63 x 67=?

23 x 11=?

25/9=

98 x 99=

75 ^2=

123/9=

Interested?

Edited by Taslerrynsayden

63x67 ... 63x10 = 630. x20 is 1260. x40 is 2520. x60 is 3780. x7 is 441 therefore 63*67= 4221.

23x11 ... 230x10 is 230. +23 = 253.

25/9 ... 25/10 is 2.5 making /9 3.7.

98x99 ... 98x100 is 9800. -98 is 9702.

What's your point?

Interested?

No.

63x67 ... 63x10 = 630. x20 is 1260. x40 is 2520. x60 is 3780. x7 is 441 therefore 63*67= 4221.

23x11 ... 230x10 is 230. +23 = 253.

25/9 ... 25/10 is 2.5 making /9 3.7.

98x99 ... 98x100 is 9800. -98 is 9702.

What's your point?

that is can be done even faster and easier with Galactic Math.

Edited by Taslerrynsayden

Just key them into a calculator. What Sir Wearer of Hats did is show how they can be computed if you have no calculator nor pen and pencil and need to do them in your head. I was taught all that and even how to use logarithms to solve problems but forgot it all when pocket calculators became available.

• Like 3

why not?

You can always leave. ;)

Smiley face or no I think that was rude. I guess that's what I don't like about emoticons; they don't undo what you say and seem hypocritical.
  • Like 3

that is can be done even faster and easier with Galactic Math.

Prove it.

The longest it took me was about three minutes and that was the first one.

Thevrest I'm about a minute. Ten seconds for the 98*99 one.

Thank you, Taslerrynsayden for one thing though. I've been doing "rounding techniques" with my students for a few weeks now and I was wondering if anyone was learning anything. Turns put I learnt something at least.

• Like 2

As Sir W states, there are plenty of tricks available, if you just think for a moment about the numbers you are working with. Perhaps some do come from Vedic sources, but many cultures have absorbed techniques from others. I learnt most of my tricks not from school, but from the stunning (mind and body!!) Lily Serna in the Australian ABC series "Letters & Numbers"

[media=]

[/media]

:D

But why not get to the point and show exactly how these other methods are better/faster on the examples shown? I'm puzzled why you didn't just do that at the start...

And while I don't use calculus, differentiation, integration, derivatives and all that sorta stuff much these days, feel free to show us that too. But please use real world examples, fully enumerated and provide a step by step explanation.

• Like 2

Why come and speak about something that's apparently better than all other mathematics, yet not show us examples?

It's all false prophet-like.

• Like 1

While we're waiting for the crickets to be quietened by our OP's triumphant return.. I admit I posted the wrong link, as that one showed the contestants abilities... here's Lily at her beautiful best with a very cool bit of numeric manipulation:

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 3

Our conventional mathematics is rather clumsy, dumb and what have you... [snip] ...

From simple arithmetic to calculus

(Emphasis mine.) That sounds fantastic!

Can you show me how to use sutras to quickly find the eigenfunctions of the differential operator:

d2/dx12 + d2/dy12 + d2/dz12 + d2/dx22 + d2/dy22 + d2/dz22 + a r1-1 + b r2-1 + c ((x1-x2)2 + (y1-y2)2 + (z1-z2)2)-0.5 + E

(where r12 = x12 + y12 + z12, and r22 = x22 + y22 + z22 and a, b, c, and E are real numbers.)

??

If you can help me work it out with your ``galactic math'', I will be happy to share the Nobel prize in physics and the Fields Medal in mathematics with you.

• Like 4

I think when he says mathematics he really has arithmetic in mind.

• Like 1

Can you show me how to use sutras to quickly find the eigenfunctions of the differential operator:

d2/dx12 + d2/dy12 + d2/dz12 + d2/dx22 + d2/dy22 + d2/dz22 + a r1-1 + b r2-1 + c ((x1-x2)2 + (y1-y2)2 + (z1-z2)2)-0.5 + E

(where r12 = x12 + y12 + z12, and r22 = x22 + y22 + z22 and a, b, c, and E are real numbers.)

??

If you can help me work it out with your ``galactic math'', I will be happy to share the Nobel prize in physics and the Fields Medal in mathematics with you.

Ah, with all the tools available nowadays to do math, there is something to be said about a pen and paper (given what you listed above, several pieces of paper).

Cheers,

Badeskov

Just seeing math like that gives me a headache....

??

The answer is either 7 or Thursday...

Of course, I am also invoking "White's Variable" in my answer...

EDIT to ADD: I just realized that some of you might not be aware of "White's Variable"... It is the absolute most important variable in all of Mathmatics (at least in

the educational side of Math)...

White's Variable: The value you add, subtract, multiply, divide or otherwise factor into the answer you got... to get the answer you SHOULD have gotten."

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3