Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bride straps baby to wedding dress

OverSword

I fear for the future of the human race. Each generation is dumber than the last.

• Like 6

Firstly, what has Jesus has got to do with a baby strapped to its mothers white wedding dress?

Secondly, have these people not heard of prams?

• Like 5

I fear for the future of the human race. Each generation is dumber than the last.

yep, wait til the baby grows up and gets married, walking down the aisle of a church in a white wedding dress with her 2 babies sewn into seems and grandma pinned to the end of the veil.

• Like 5

Is this something like putting the cart before the horse!!! White gown !!!

• Like 4

Wow, I had a different mental image in mind when I read the title. Thought it was going to be a chest sling sort of thing strapped on- like the baby right there up front for the ceremony. That mother dragged her baby on the floor in the train of her dress like a hind-thought garment weight. That's appalling.

• Like 8

I'm gonna speculate that she did this in the hope it would make the news somewhere and she might make some money or internet fame off it.

• Like 4

Wow, I had a different mental image in mind when I read the title. Thought it was going to be a chest sling sort of thing strapped on- like the baby right there up front for the ceremony. That mother dragged her baby on the floor in the train of her dress like a hind-thought garment weight. That's appalling.

It is appalling, but its the same old defence:

Mom Shona Carter-Brooks took to Facebook to defend her and her husband Johnathan Brooks' controversial decision, stating that "The answer is we do what we want, when we want, as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine and gona [sic] continue to be fine"

http://www.bridalguide.com/blogs/bridal-buzz/bride-straps-baby-to-wedding-gown

and because of this, they do not see the wrong in it.

• Like 3

I saw this on LOLCats.

"The answer is we do what we want, when we want." Really?

Edited by I_Am_Avatar_Korra
  • Like 2

I fail to see what is so funny about it.

What I see is a terribly callous way in which to treat an infant, especially one that young. It conveys a total disregard for herself and her baby and it also conveys the idea that she sees the infant as some sort of "accessory".

I just have a hard time connecting with the mindset of this woman and I question her husband for even going along with this.

Oh..and the "we do what we want as long as jesus is on our side" is an incredibly sick way to rationalize this.

I guess they will start beating on the baby as long as it is ok with their god too?

Makes me puke.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 8

This is all wrong, that picture gives me the shivers. What if the bride lost her footing or something, turned an ankle even? she could have fallen backwards on top of her baby.

• Like 3

I'm gonna speculate that she did this in the hope it would make the news somewhere and she might make some money or internet fame off it.

You could easily be right.They must have known what they did would gain a lot of attention.

• Like 1

This is all wrong, that picture gives me the shivers. What if the bride lost her footing or something, turned an ankle even? she could have fallen backwards on top of her baby.

That would never had crossed her mind because........Jesus is on her side!

• Like 2

I didn't know Jesus advocated the practice of dragging your baby across the floor.

• Like 3

Firstly, what has Jesus has got to do with a baby strapped to its mothers white wedding dress?

Secondly, have these people not heard of prams?

What the heck is a pram?

It is appalling, but its the same old defence:

Mom Shona Carter-Brooks took to Facebook to defend her and her husband Johnathan Brooks' controversial decision, stating that "The answer is we do what we want, when we want, as long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine and gona [sic] continue to be fine"

http://www.bridalgui...to-wedding-gown

and because of this, they do not see the wrong in it.

To be fair I don't see the 'wrong' in it either. May be a bit trashy but wrong?

To me wrong would be to let the uncle that molested your sister babysit your daughter. This is just weird.

No harm no foul.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Looking for her 15 minutes of fame at any cost. What would Jesus say about that and how did she get a direct to him...

Looking for her 15 minutes of fame at any cost. What would Jesus say about that and how did she get a direct to him...

I suspect she spells the name Je$u$.

• Like 3

To be fair I don't see the 'wrong' in it either. May be a bit trashy but wrong?

The baby was dragged on the floor..a very young baby at that. The baby could have easily been rolled off or stepped on.

The infant is not supposed to be treated like some sort of accessory, to me it looked quite callous, as if the mother and father (I assume he is the father) is saying "We're too lazy to have someone carry our baby properly so we're just gonna drag her along and if she gets tossed or rolled of..well, then it was 'gods will'".

This was way more than trashy..I wouldn't even do this to a animal.

• Like 3

oh let's be real rather than alarmist... the baby was safe, and was going to be safe... it's not like she was walking down 5th Avenue dragging the baby around or anything. It's just really dumb, weird and severely lacking in any class what-so-ever. I hear banjos.

• Like 5

What MissMel said. The risk to the baby is really super low. How many people just randomly fall over while they are walking? People always say that when someone is doing something odd and I wonder if, in other parts of the world than mine, people just randomly topple over regularly. It's also not high speed at all, as if they're whipping the baby around.

I've seen people who believe that putting a baby on the floor at all is bad and wrong... so maybe that's some people's problem?

Apparently these people have another older child as well. The classy, heartwarming and touching thing to do would have been to have Dad carry the baby, Mom walk with the older child and have all four of them stand together through the ceremony. Even young children are well behaved when a full room of people have their eyes on them. It's not like they're traditional Christian people if they're if they're having two children out of wedlock and strapping babies to dress trains... a nice family standing would have been wholly appropriate, and OK with Jesus too I'd imagine. LOL.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 3

What the heck is a pram?

A pram is a wheeled vehicle used by babies to sit in and chuck their toys and dummies out of,and the more you put them back the more they chuck them out.
  • Like 4

What the heck is a pram?

Oh OS, you do not know what a pram is.......thats it! the wedding is off!

• Like 3

To me wrong would be to let the uncle that molested your sister babysit your daughter. This is just weird.

That will come later, they need to get the wedding out of the way first.

• Like 1