Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Willow Creek

Q-C

Another found footage movie. This one has a 95% so far on Rotten Tomatoes.

I hope the release is wide-spread. I want to see this one.

Sounds like someone heard our ideas for a movie... Finding Bigfoot found footage. lol

Sounds pretty darn good: "encountering absolutely pants wetting terror"

http://www.rottentom...m/willow_creek/

Looks like it touches on 411 too: Trailer http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/willow_creek/

Edited by QuiteContrary

I'm psyched...I can't help it.

"Limited Release" uuugh!

Edited by QuiteContrary

From the brief trailer it reminded me of a real life tragic event I won't mention for fear of sounding very insensitive comparing the two.

Maybe someone else will make the loose connection. Although probably not as the hamsters in my head are one of a kind. Thank goodness.

I liked Bobcat Goldthwaite's other movie, God Bless America or whatever it's called, and I like paranormal stuff, so hopefully this one will be good. I'll be interested to see how it is.

• Like 1

I'm getting ready to watch it right now. I'll let you know how it turned out.

• Like 1

Looks cool. Of course the monster could just be Bobcat Goldthwaite himself.

• Like 1

I watched it last week and I would rate it as 6/10. Really slow to start off with and then it just ended. About 5 minutes of suspense and that was it. Could've been done a lot better.

• Like 1

I watched it last week and I would rate it as 6/10. Really slow to start off with and then it just ended. About 5 minutes of suspense and that was it. Could've been done a lot better.

Thanks, zrina.

Such varying reviews. Critics love it, public not as much it seems. Still gotta see it. I'm a bigfoot buff (not believer) so I'm used to horrendous crap and stupidity, lol.

I always thought bigfoot would make a terrific monster in a movie, if done right. Something so like us but not...

I'll watch it anyway, but sounds like I may have to keep waiting...

It was actually decent. It starts off very slow but really picks up. I had it on surround sound and it scared the crap out of me a few times. 6/10 is pretty accurate. Overall a one and done movie.

• Like 1

I watched the other night. Personally I really liked it. But I think you gotta be one of those people that love found footage movies (which I totally do) to really be able to enjoy it. It did start out slow, but the ending was great. (and a little confusing) It's one of the best Bigfoot ones I've seen.

• Like 1

I found we can rent it on I-Tunes for 6 bucks, so H and I are going buy some cheap candy, pop some popcorn, turn out the lights, crawl into bed and watch it tonight.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Okay, just finished watching it. I actually liked the first part for what it was, better than the ending for what it was.

Some of the first half was a bit hard to swallow and could have been better, and the ending? I guess I'm still waiting...

If you don't have an interest in Bigfoot (first half), idk? I think that is why the public wasn't so thrilled with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it, very slow start but pleasant couple to watch and very much worth watching for the last 15 minutes or so. I'd give it a 7/10, but I do tend to be biased for found footage films.

• Like 1

Well i loved it 7/10, great ending.

The trouble with found footage movies is that a lot of them don't have the right balance, but for me Willow Creek nailed it.

• Like 1

Well i loved it 7/10, great ending.

The trouble with found footage movies is that a lot of them don't have the right balance, but for me Willow Creek nailed it.

If you ain't seen it yet, you should watch Evidence (2012), I had no idea what it was about.. My friend was very adamant we watched it, his was his 2nd viewing. Was one roller-coaster of a movie once the poop hits the fan!

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 1

looks like i'm going to have to check this out, i'm generally fond of found footage flicks regardless of the cheese factor in most of them. Has anyone seen V.H.S or V.H.S 2? Really loved those!

• Like 1

looks like i'm going to have to check this out, i'm generally fond of found footage flicks regardless of the cheese factor in most of them. Has anyone seen V.H.S or V.H.S 2? Really loved those!

I've seen both VHS and VHS2....loved them!

• Like 1

I've seen both VHS and VHS2....loved them!

Glad i'm not the only one, I thought they were fantastic!

• 1 year later...

Good movie. Started slow but ended with a bang.