Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis was on Mars?

AncientLight

I found this and at least it's a new perspective. I'm sure most of us here have heard this kind of claims before about the ancient civilizations , but this is a bit new I think.

I would think that any scientist making such claim has to be quite sure of what they're saying as they lose a lot of credibility otherwise :)

http://humansarefree.com/2014/05/swiss-scientists-claim-atlantis-existed.html

Believe me there are many "scientist" making all sorts of claims on a daily basis it seems....

Well i am no scientist,but i read the article and have come to the conclusion that first you need to talk to our resident expert zoser for a topic like this,then just to make sure everything is clear and makes common sense seek out a man by the name of seeder.There now your ready to go :tu:

• Like 4

There is absolutely no useful information in that link. It does not mention the origin of the alleged scroll nor does it mention any kind of peer review done on the scroll. The way science works is through peer review. Long before there are announcements or press releases, discoveries are shared with peers to test and verify the results. Going straight to the press is not an acceptable behavior in the scientific community so this is probably just another load of pseudo scientific BS. The fact that this story was covered by both abovetopsecret.com and the Weekly World News should tell the reader much about the veracity of the claims.

The name Dr. Stephan Weisz only shows up in conjunction with this story so I am sure he is a real person. :P

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 7

Well sinewave just gave you a dose of the truth seeder would have gave you,my attempt for my own amusement has been foiled haha.My apologies....

Though i cant promise i wont try again :unsure2:

• Like 2

What is wrong with ATS? :) No the link didn't go in dept but I thought maybe others had heard some more about this or such . I didn't bother to google :P

The original source is Weekly World News (which reports, I think, on Batboy) and Before its News, a hoax news site. See here: http://weeklyworldne...-ancient-egypt/

There is no Egyptologist named "Conrad Vetsch." The "gathering of scientists" isn't named (conferences have names)

The Egyptian language has been pretty well translated and understood -- well over 20,000 words are known. Tut's artifacts are particularly well understood (and if you want a good laugh, the Egyptian image there is NOT Tut but is Ahkenaten... in fact, you can see his name and his wife's name very plainly in the picture.) The "bird" is from 1,000 years after Tut... and the Red Planet was dry and very much as it is today back in the time of Tutankhamen and Ahkenaten.

So... someone picked up an article from a hoax site. It got spread to several other sites, and you got ahold of a fourth or fifth generation copy.

It's a hoax. Really.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 9

Believe me there are many "scientist" making all sorts of claims on a daily basis it seems....

Well i am no scientist,but i read the article and have come to the conclusion that first you need to talk to our resident expert zoser for a topic like this,then just to make sure everything is clear and makes common sense seek out a man by the name of seeder.There now your ready to go :tu:

I wouldnt be recommending zoser, :no: you know by now how zoseritis affects certain types :lol:

Kenemet and sinewave got there first, job done! :tu:

• Like 3

I wouldnt be recommending zoser, :no: you know by now how zoseritis affects certain types :lol:

Kenemet and sinewave got there first, job done! :tu:

It's a shame,a good time soiled lol!

Jk yesterday was the first day in my short time back things were popping like the old days,you might say it was "vitrified" :lol:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 1

I found this and at least it's a new perspective. I'm sure most of us here have heard this kind of claims before about the ancient

civilizations , but this is a bit new I think.

Nothing new here, it`s the classic von Däniken style.

I would think that any scientist making such claim has to be quite sure of what they're saying as they lose a lot of credibility

otherwise

First, there is nothing to lose for fictitious individuals and second, there are a lot of ppl out there with scientific education grades

but claiming the wildest rubbish.

And yeah, donation button.

• Like 2

I am going to steal a most excellent phrase from Sinewave - one of the best I have ever heard here.

Well, if you're going to go crazy, might as well go all out pants on head crazy!! :lol::rofl:

chevy_chase.jpg

• Like 8

What is wrong with ATS?

You can place an underexposed pic of you left shoe there and claim its an alien. It will then be discussed

from which star constellation it is coming from.

• Like 7

• No reason for anyone to get into this conversation unless truly interested....Sometimes i just do things lol :devil:

• Like 1

• No reason for anyone to get into this conversation unless truly interested....Sometimes i just do things lol :devil:

Keep doing it, I like your sense of humour :D

• Like 1

A lil bit of a sail lilly,nothing for an expert ;)

Maybe Santa's workshop is also Mars?

• Like 2

Maybe Santa's workshop is also Mars?

Impossible, the Martians kidnapped Santa FROM the South Pole, so it can't be on Mars.

• Like 2

Impossible, the Martians kidnapped Santa FROM the South Pole, so it can't be on Mars.

Wait a minute...I thought Santa lived at the North Pole? Great, I had it all figured out (Santa/North Pole, Atlantians/Mars) now I'm confused!

• Like 1

Interesting

Similar story appears in the Book of Enoch, written by Enoch and grandfather of Noah nearly 8000 years ago describing how he has been taken in the sky, he saw stars, then arriving in a strange world, describing everything he have seen there with the words and the science of an antique man.

In the same tome Noah has never died on Earth. The writings are saying he was just taken to live with God.

Obviously, not Atlantis - but as with all "we've found Atlantis" stories the proof is in the puddling: is there irrefutable proof that 6,000 years before the start of the bronze age this 'Atlantis' had late bronze age technology? Is there irrefutable proof that they invaded the Meditteranean? And is there irrefutable proof that they were defeated by a late bronze age Athens (still 6,000 years before the bronze age began)? If you cannot answer and emphatic yes to each of those questions, you cannot have found Atlantis. Simples.

Wait a minute...I thought Santa lived at the North Pole? Great, I had it all figured out (Santa/North Pole, Atlantians/Mars) now I'm confused!

He is referring to the Ausssie Santa.

• Like 2

Oke I get it now, I should have checked the source a bit better next time :P but the site where I found this article seems legit :)

Oke I get it now, I should have checked the source a bit better next time :P but the site where I found this article seems legit :)

It is good to expose things like that. There is certainly nothing wrong with posting it here.