Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has ET already dismissed us as unintelligent?

That's true, but what if there's civilizations out there that have a million or billion year head start of the human race.

They would be way more advanced then us. We like to think we're so advanced just because in the past 100 years we went

from horses to space shuttles and that is good but we yet to traverse interplanetary travel. Yes we managed to go to the moon

several times and send out probes to gather data from planets in our solar system but compared to the universe that's a fly on

the tip of an iceberg. Heck, one of the Voyager probes just left our solar system recently and it was launched in the 1970's.

We just have to wait patiently :) or maybe not because they're already here, I'm open to both possibilities.

What I'm really interested in are UFOs that are caught entering and exiting our atmosphere, that would be interesting.

Back on topic, the only reason for ET to dismiss us as intelligent is if life like ours is common throughout the universe, and I think there would be significant differences between the living beings on earth and say.... another planet in another galaxy, these differences would be enough to warrant interest, in my opinion.

Go right ahead and do it, I double dog dare you, what will you accomplish with that? That I saw a Natural Phenomena, and do not fear every light that appears in the sky? You find mocking Jim Oberg superior to discussing actual sightings? I mean if we are going to drag my sightings up, there is your's to discuss as well isn't there?

At least then we will have discussion, not snide remarks injected randomly.

Comparing me to zoser is weak. I never go around saying everything is alien.

I'm not mocking Jim, either. If you're going on TV, you're going to be paid (save for news interviews and the like), but that's the last straw, according to the Skunkers. I get paid to do TV and movies all the time and don't even appear in half of the airings.

We can discuss my real sighting anytime.

We just have to wait patiently :) or maybe not because they're already here, I'm open to both possibilities.

What I'm really interested in are UFOs that are caught entering and exiting our atmosphere, that would be interesting.

Back on topic, the only reason for ET to dismiss us as intelligent is if life like ours is common throughout the universe, and I think there would be significant differences between the living beings on earth and say.... another planet in another galaxy, these differences would be enough to warrant interest, in my opinion.

I can remember as a teen I was out in the backyard at 9:00pm. It was night and I looked in the western sky and saw this bright light

moving towards me. I ran into the house and got my mom to take a look. She came out to look, then she went inside to get my dad to come

out and take a look. While she was inside to get dad, I realized it was a plane as it got closer because I could hear that distinctive sound

that small planes make. By the time mom and dad got outside, Dad looked up and said, Well hell, it's just a plane with it's landing lights on!

I think he thought we were nuts but before it got closer, it did look unusual.

So when I see something in the night sky I don't make that leap that it's an ET craft like some would. I try to consider it could be something

else like planes, helicopters, balloons or weather phenomena. I'm not that gullible.

I can remember as a teen I was out in the backyard at 9:00pm. It was night and I looked in the western sky and saw this bright light

moving towards me. I ran into the house and got my mom to take a look. She came out to look, then she went inside to get my dad to come

out and take a look. While she was inside to get dad, I realized it was a plane as it got closer because I could hear that distinctive sound

that small planes make. By the time mom and dad got outside, Dad looked up and said, Well hell, it's just a plane with it's landing lights on!

I think he thought we were nuts but before it got closer, it did look unusual.

So when I see something in the night sky I don't make that leap that it's an ET craft like some would. I try to consider it could be something

else like planes, helicopters, balloons or weather phenomena. I'm not that gullible.

Hawkin, I believe you man....

but nobody, not me, not you will admit to leaping to the conclusion that what they saw is ET, or dismissing a video or pic without scrutinizing it properly, it just never happens.

• Like 1

It's amazing to see. Especially when someone else is there to see it too.

I've said in other threads before that anything is possible on what those unknown objects are. From weather, manmade and even ET.

Yes, ET. I'm not going to discount that possibility just because the square peg doesn't fit into the round whole. The universe is a big

place and bigger then the human race. A lot of people still believe to this day that mankind never went to the moon and even thinks

it will never be possible because no oxygen and the radiation will kill a human. But we overcame that hurdle and went several times.

Just because something seems impossible doesn't mean it isn't. Same goes with the ufo phenomena.

But back to step one mate

What makes ET a viable option as a possible solution to these claims? The best cases such as Portage Country do not have elements that suggest Alien, nobody saw an alien, the craft is not impossible for us to accomplish, it's weird, it does not seem to be anything we actually have, but that does not point at ET in any way at all. ET is 100% belief, there is not one single actual proof that indicates ET is an actual answer. ET is considered is some such cases as a wild option just thrown at the wall, the only actual ties to ET come from pop culture. It is fine to consider ET may be an extreme option, but to consider it a possible solution is well putting the cart before the horse.

That's true, but what if there's civilizations out there that have a million or billion year head start of the human race.

They would be way more advanced then us. We like to think we're so advanced just because in the past 100 years we went

from horses to space shuttles and that is good but we yet to traverse interplanetary travel. Yes we managed to go to the moon

several times and send out probes to gather data from planets in our solar system but compared to the universe that's a fly on

the tip of an iceberg. Heck, one of the Voyager probes just left our solar system recently and it was launched in the 1970's.

Civilisations may be more than a billion years away from us though. Just because we managed to go from riding horses to rocket ships does not mean that is an endless line, it too has parameters where all things start and stop. So many use The Ocean as an analogy and say, well, we managed to cross that, space must be next!! Which is most definitely not the case at all whatsoever.

What we do have is physics, that is much more important than a spaceship here. That will tell you what is possible, not our imaginations.

Comparing me to zoser is weak. I never go around saying everything is alien.

Lately you have been, and promoting Linda Howe and crackpots like her.

I'm not mocking Jim, either. If you're going on TV, you're going to be paid (save for news interviews and the like), but that's the last straw, according to the Skunkers. I get paid to do TV and movies all the time and don't even appear in half of the airings.

I am certainly not alone in getting the impression that you were, you wording indicates that to me. That was why I used the Zozer comparison, he was the sort of halfwit that seemed to take pleasure in trying to best Jim and belittle his efforts. And he did it often.

It's not the last straw, TV show like Ancient Aliens are not even in the same ballpark as Jim going on the news to explain the latest meteor strike or some such. That is education, and in fact I did not know he got paid for it, yet if he does, do you honestly think it is in the same realm of the weekly Paycheck Giorgio gets for outright deceiving people with others fantasies on his very stupid AA show? - Different altogether isn't it?

We can discuss my real sighting anytime.

And mine as well, I generally don't do much more than ask for personal sighting details though, you know that, I don't have a problem with personal belief, just the honesty in the field as a whole. It's when people start stating "ET Facts" that I tend to get more involved.

Being open to both possibilities would probably be more conducive if the fields were level, but they are not.

Me too, and it has not ever been documented once despite the many RADAR tracks.

What got me thinking on the line was the WOW! Signal, we traced that back to a possible origin, such cannot be accomplished with UFO's though because they have never been tracked entering or leaving our atmosphere or solar system.

I think ET would be more than familiar and have a thread open on it (Anthropomorphic Aliens) that your input would be welcomed in if you care to discuss that line of thought further.

When we get a valid radar hit of an unknown object entering the atmosphere then changing direction and speed you'll have a valid case. Sadly, for ufology, there has never been a radar track of a UFO doing the above, not once, even when the older tech radar sets were getting hits and tracks on occasion. If you haven't noticed, there hasn't been a radar track of a UFO in quite awhile. That is because the new tech radar sets don't make mistakes like the old gear.

• Like 2

When we get a valid radar hit of an unknown object entering the atmosphere then changing direction and speed you'll have a valid case. Sadly, for ufology, there has never been a radar track of a UFO doing the above, not once, even when the older tech radar sets were getting hits and tracks on occasion. If you haven't noticed, there hasn't been a radar track of a UFO in quite awhile. That is because the new tech radar sets don't make mistakes like the old gear.

So then you're saying that the 1952 Washington DC incident was an inversion layer claimed by General Sanford that air traffic controllers

picked up on radar. Even though fighter pilots got a visual and people at Washington National Airport went outside and got a visual that matched

the radar scopes. :huh:

• Like 1

So then you're saying that the 1952 Washington DC incident was an inversion layer claimed by General Sanford that air traffic controllers

picked up on radar. Even though fighter pilots got a visual and people at Washington National Airport went outside and got a visual that matched

the radar scopes. :huh:

Pretty much, without being able to speak for Merc. That event have naturally been hyped up, as most other events, to the point where it bears little to no resemblance to the original description.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Pretty much, without being able to speak for Merc. That event have naturally been hyped up, as most other events, to the point where it bears little to no resemblance to the original description.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I will give p101 a lot of credit. He can give a good debate one on one without having to Tag Team.
  • Like 2

I will give p101 a lot of credit. He can give a good debate one on one without having to Tag Team.

Hawkin, he indeed does. Rarely do I meet a debater of such integrity and depth of knowledge. He has no need to tag-team as his knowledge of this field is second to none, for which I am envious.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Hawkin, he indeed does. Rarely do I meet a debater of such integrity and depth of knowledge. He has no need to tag-team as his knowledge of this field is second to none, for which I am envious.

Cheers,

Badeskov

HE, I was picking up my wife and son at the airport after their return from 6 weeks away but I agree with Badeskov and yes, those old radars saw a lot of anomalies. As I said, have you not noticed that modern radars (pulse doppler) aren't detecting UFOs? Those old pulse radars were very susceptible to weather and inversion layers whereas the new tech sees through such things. The F-14 had both types of radar available and it was a night and day difference although the pulse radar could do things the PD radar couldn't. Of course, modern phased array radars see everything clearly now, everything but UFOs

HE, I was picking up my wife and son at the airport after their return from 6 weeks away but I agree with Badeskov and yes, those old radars saw a lot of anomalies. As I said, have you not noticed that modern radars (pulse doppler) aren't detecting UFOs? Those old pulse radars were very susceptible to weather and inversion layers whereas the new tech sees through such things. The F-14 had both types of radar available and it was a night and day difference although the pulse radar could do things the PD radar couldn't. Of course, modern phased array radars see everything clearly now, everything but UFOs

Indeed. There was a reason why the AN/APG radar on the F-16 fighter jets were upgraded in the mid-nineties. It was to reduce the false alarm rate and improve CFAR. Despite what certain segments of the UFO crowd believes, RADAR is actually very susceptible to atmospheric conditions.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Thank you Hawkin, I think you are a really decent bloke as well. I like the questions you ask, and how you ask them. I wish more people would follow your lead mate. This should be a discussion, no reason we cannot get along just because we do not agree on a certain conclusion. Heck, if that was the case Marriage would be redundant!!!

In fact I have taken quite a shine to you mate, I'd buy you a beer any day of the week and I would have a great time conversing with you in person. You are a rational and reasonable person, that is all it takes to have a great discussion in here.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Kind of you to say my friend, yet here you are one of my biggest inspirations and one who has taught me so very much here my friend. I am sure Hawkin does not realise it is just friendly corroboration, not an attack on his valid questions. Your guidance over the years has been invaluable to my understanding and development regarding this phenomena. I have nothing of which you could be envious my friend that I can fathom. I very much look up to you mate and hold you in the highest regard.

Do I read all this correctly ? That people thru out all the years of sightings,and radar contacts say that all sightings and said contacts are false,weather,related,glitches, ect missinterpatations ?

Now please help me thru this a bit? Everyone or at least some believe that there has been no such events on this world?

Not too open minded to say the least !

I for one do actually know a bit about the aviation industry,What I saw was not of this world, nor made by Humans. And for sure was not a weather ,or Plasma event.

Just my two cents ! No need to reply.

• Like 1

<snip>

Kind of you to say my friend, yet here you are one of my biggest inspirations and one who has taught me so very much here my friend. I am sure Hawkin does not realise it is just friendly corroboration, not an attack on his valid questions. Your guidance over the years has been invaluable to my understanding and development regarding this phenomena. I have nothing of which you could be envious my friend that I can fathom. I very much look up to you mate and hold you in the highest regard.

Thank you for the kind words Psyche, they are very much appreciated albeit I am not sure that they are deserved. Trust me, you stand just well on your own two feet ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Perhaps we are the last ditch effort of a dying species. A means for them to exist even after they've died out. Like how children are a part of their parent, though they may not look exactly like them. Considering the higher radiation on the planet at the time, I'm sure there would have been mutations. Kind of reminds me of the intro to Prometheus. Maybe our quest for technology and space travel is instinctual?

I like to agree but I think only a tiny fraction of the population is into space travel right now. Just look around you people doing things which are not even remotely related to space travel. And if it was there last ditch efforts they would have not saved themselves in the form of apes or whatever we evolved from. We would have directly been humans or homo sapiens instead of going through evolution

• Like 1

I for one do actually know a bit about the aviation industry,What I saw was not of this world, nor made by Humans. And for sure was not a weather ,or Plasma event.

Just my two cents ! No need to reply.

For you to make that assertion you would need to be a true expert in so many different disciplines, which include astronomy, meteorolgy.........not to mention top secret millitary craft.

Again just because YOU could not match watch you saw with anything that YOU could reference.........doesn't mean that noone else could or that it was "not of this world".

no because they didnt met us yet. and we are intellignet overall.

if ET met us they would label as rather as corrupted.

Edited by Ichihara

For you to make that assertion you would need to be a true expert in so many different disciplines, which include astronomy, meteorolgy.........not to mention top secret millitary craft.

Again just because YOU could not match watch you saw with anything that YOU could reference.........doesn't mean that noone else could or that it was "not of this world".

No one else ? I was the only one at the event,sighting. No one else was there to see what I saw. And I do know what Im looking at. I didnt fall off the turnip truck for nothing !

No one else ? I was the only one at the event,sighting. No one else was there to see what I saw. And I do know what Im looking at. I didnt fall off the turnip truck for nothing !

What did you see that was so life changing?