Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has ET already dismissed us as unintelligent?

In my line I've had the pleasure of knowing many PhDs. In a nutshell, they're all morons. Because they were able to tough it out through one dissertation, on one topic, one time many many years ago, they are suddenly experts on everything else going on. The exception to this is my good friend with a doctorate in mathematics. He's the first to admit he doesn't know **** about anything other than mathematics :)

Give me strength! What happened? Flunk?

If I could ask you to clarify - do you mean smarter people, or some sort of light being? Higher consciousness beings generally refers to a supernatural type entity I would have thought.

Well, yes that is evolution, a mutation, if the mutation is superior, it will be retained, I do not think it is a different level of consciousness, a closer analogy would be different wiring wouldn't it? Same thing, different internal configuration?

To suit the niche occupied by said species though.

Ants have no need to evolve further, they do what they do extremely well, we moved on because the climate changed, and grass grew. We stopped having to, well being able to live in trees as grasslands took over the place of jungles. We stood up to see over the long grass and walked freeing out hands up, from there it has been on the up and up ever since.

Again, before I say more, I would like you to clarify exactly what you are referring to with the term "consciousness"

As far as I know, evolution never peaks. The Giraffe is perfectly suited to its environment right now, but environmental changes which will eventually initiate changes in the Giraffes design.

Nor ignorance, I agree. A humble nature is a prerequisite for learning more.

My point concerning original post is that it really pertains to one's definition of intelligence, it's a subjective view based on individual experiences and perceptions, so it's not really conclusive. We have intelligence based on our senses, other animals have senses that can exceed our capabilities but that doesn't make them more intelligent.

It doesn't really matter if there are ETs the way the poster suggests or not, but it brings up a good points to discuss like the questions of why we think of ourselves the way that we do. It puts us in a position to learn more of the truth beyond the bias we each create because of our limitation of our senses and experiences that sometimes gets in the way of science discovering the deeper aspects of things our senses normally don't perceive. We've come a long way in understanding invisible forces of nature like electromagnetism, etc. and like you said being of a humble nature is required for science to advance.

"clarify - do you mean smarter people, or some sort of light being? Higher consciousness beings generally refers to a supernatural type entity I would have thought"

I was referring to human prodogies. I consider consciousness as a being that perceives and understands its enviroment and reacts to it by free will.

Man has many aspects of consciousness working together or even against each other but doesn't usually comprehend the true nature of it. By this I mean there is the normal waking state which is empowered by intellect to survive or manipulate its enviroment. Our subconscious acts as processor of vast amounts of sensory perceptions and depending on the memories it stores in the physical brain it influences how we use that information, our awake aspect isn't even aware of most of things it receives. On a cellular and neurological level, our body uses much more intelligence at its disposal then our awake consciousness. Prodigies can naturally tap into certain aspects of their own consciousness that others do not normally use. A person with mental deteriorization is not at a high conscious level but still I would call them a conscious being in their limited world. Humans generally have more potential then they are aware because they can integrate some of these different levels of consciousness. A higher conscious being or man who integrates these aspects consciously would look at others who didn't come to that level as less intelligent.

I don't believe there are any "supernatural" beings. They would just be some manifestation of natural laws in some way that science hasn't explained, so people create their own myth belief about their experiences to fill in the gaps of the unknown.

I agree that "evolution, a mutation, if the mutation is superior, it will be retained, I do not think it is a different level of consciousness, a closer analogy would be different wiring wouldn't it? Same thing, different internal configuration?" however I'd say different conscious aspects are included in the wiring. DNA RNA proteins etc can carry memories of ancestors and even other imprints of bacteria and viruses that are not originally our own. Aware or not they have an effect on our total consciousness and evolution just like the outer enviroment and make us what we are.

Light beings?? Well I'd venture to say they don't exist because light is a force not a being. Like electromagnetism,it exists not conscious in itself, any more than a lit light bulb. Although some species can manipulate forces in an extraordinary way, like say an electric eel or fire fly. Sometimes man is considered Illumined when he integrates at all conscious levels and sometimes has an influence over other powers of nature outside himself.

To me this would mean he has a different internal configuration that allows him to enhance an ability, but he was born with a certain potential, a mutant of evolution more or less.

A light bulb is a good analogy. The forces within nature to be manipulated have always been there. The conscious intellectual idea created the physical form of the bulb and wires, to connect the forces. The conscious thought flips the switch to activate the process. The bulb itself when lit could be observed by one without knowledge to be a light being in itself LOL The big picture is, it is through the matterial of the bulb and wiring that the forces are manipulated to bring the fire of illumination under control. The light isn't conscious but it is under a conscious control. It would be more of an integrated perfectly balanced relationship of forces, matter and an idea not the actual conscious "being".

I agree with you ants have no need to evolve further, they do what they do extremely well.

Ants are much like people and have a societies. Some farm, some raise aphids to milk them, some go to war, some build spectacular mud skyscrapers etc. They live in their own little world, they change their enviroments to suit their needs and as a whole are very intelligent in survival. As individuals I'm certain they do not think about anything outside of their society and instincts until it is destroyed. We can learn alot from those little creatures.

Each man is a higher conscious being because even though he is within a society he can still be a complete conscious individual not just an instinctual queen or drone that is incomplete without the society itself.

• Like 1

Humans are not only unintelligent in the eyes of extra-terrestrials, we are also comically morbid.

prove it.

Someone who is actually speaking truth. Aliens have undoubtedly made contact with us. This is my hypothesis, I believe the main difference between humans and aliens is we as humans have conceptualized being only able to exist in one dimension. Whereas I believe aliens can travel from one dimension to another because they are intelligent enough manifest almost any desire through their knowledge.

Now you're talking. I believe that over time it will be discovered that it's cheaper, faster, and more productive to travel between universes than solar systems.

I think they are watching,,,probably have been since we discovered nuclear tech. Since you can see a nuclear blast clearly from space.

I think they are watching,,,probably have been since we discovered nuclear tech. Since you can see a nuclear blast clearly from space.

You can only see it from space, if you are looking at it at the time it goes off... And then only from a "limited" distance.... In other words it would take a powerful telescope to detect one from as far away as Mars, and

then only if it was focused on that part of the Earth at the time of the explosion...

First of all, I have to compliment you on your choices of user name and avatar. That is a great play on words and the avatar is both disturbing and hilarious. It is easily one of the best I've seen here. Kudos

The problem with the nuclear test hypothesis is the light from those tests is still making its way to all but a handful of stars. The light from the Trinity test would not have reached the nearest star system until about 1949 and it is doubtful it would have even been visible at that distance.

• Like 1

First of all, I have to compliment you on your choices of user name and avatar. That is a great play on words and the avatar is both disturbing and hilarious. It is easily one of the best I've seen here. Kudos

The problem with the nuclear test hypothesis is the light from those tests is still making its way to all but a handful of stars. The light from the Trinity test would not have reached the nearest star system until about 1949 and it is doubtful it would have even been visible at that distance.

Furthermore against the backdrop of the sun trying to detect even our largest nuclear detonation from anywhere other than LEO would be like trying to hear a whisper in a hurricane.

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 1

Thats Right ! E.T If He did come here in the past ,present,Future, Already Got Bob Lazar`s imput and Laughed so hard ,that they just might of Crashed ! :tu:

Someone who is actually speaking truth. Aliens have undoubtedly made contact with us. This is my hypothesis, I believe the main difference between humans and aliens is we as humans have conceptualized being only able to exist in one dimension. Whereas I believe aliens can travel from one dimension to another because they are intelligent enough manifest almost any desire through their knowledge.

Personally i live in four dimensions, no just one. So I must be an alien. :tu:

• Like 2

It occurs to me that maybe what happens and why ET doesn't seem to be out there is that once a technological society discovers powerful computers they also discover virtual reality and they all disappear into that. Try getting a kid off one now and imagine how attractive it will be when there is total immersion.

• Like 1

I dont. Nuclear tech only means a lot to 'US'. Every Sun out there is a nuclear reactor making much greater light than a tiny nuclear blast does. From space can be seen our cities twinkling away by night, skyscrapers made of glass reflect/flash sunlight back into space so long as the suns glare is on them Besides all that, most nuke blasts set off were TESTS, which were done underground. And the ones tested openly in the desert were in daylight.

• Like 1

That is why if ET made contact because of the nuclear ability of man, it is more logical to assume the ones who made contact originated closer to us then speculated.

That is why if ET made contact because of the nuclear ability of man, it is more logical to assume the ones who made contact originated closer to us then speculated.

And assuming they would care. It is not like we would pose a threat to a civilization 4.3+ light-years away. Thinking aliens would care is rooted in the notion that we went too far and crossed a line into something we should not know about. The same things were said about catapults, crossbows, gun powder, and cannons.

• Like 1

And assuming they would care. It is not like we would pose a threat to a civilization 4.3+ light-years away. Thinking aliens would care is rooted in the notion that we went too far and crossed a line into something we should not know about. The same things were said about catapults, crossbows, gun powder, and cannons.

The only threat would be on earth to residents of earth and the enviroment. ETs faraway wouldn't care.

If another species were out there and and made contact as the OP suggested, they would have to be relative close to even know of the nuclear event or care, very unlikely to have come from light years away. Even if point of origin was within the same solar system it wouldn't pose a threat to them unless they had plans for earth or they really were resident earthlings.

E.T is just waiting for us to Do ourselfs in then They will just take over House keeping ! ITs purty simple ! Maybe Dr. Tyson is right on ? I do hate how that Man gets $#%t on all the time ! HE`s Got more going about us than most ! :tu:

How would they now that man had nuclear capabilities? ET certainly wouldn't be able to detect that from far away.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

How would they now that man had nuclear capabilities? ET certainly wouldn't be able to detect that from far away.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Did you not read my posts, I said they couldn't be from that far away?

The only threat would be on earth to residents of earth and the enviroment. ETs faraway wouldn't care.

If another species were out there and and made contact as the OP suggested, they would have to be very close to even know see a nuclear event or care, very unlikely to have come from light years away. Even if point of origin was within the same solar system it still wouldn't pose a threat to them unless they had plans for earth or they really ARE resident earthlings.

Did you not read my posts, I said they couldn't be from that far away?

If another species were out there and and made contact as the OP suggested, they would have to be very close to even know see a nuclear event or care, very unlikely to have come from light years away. Even if point of origin was within the same solar system it still wouldn't pose a threat to them unless they had plans for earth or they really ARE resident earthlings.

My apologies, I misunderstood your post.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

E.T is just waiting for us to Do ourselfs in then They will just take over House keeping ! ITs purty simple ! Maybe Dr. Tyson is right on ? I do hate how that Man gets $#%t on all the time ! HE`s Got more going about us than most ! :tu:

That certainly would expand my hypothosis of the improbabilty of ETs being from light years away LOL

Let's say that E.T. does show up in public. Massive space craft parked right over the white house. Alien get's out of the craft and exclaims "I come in peace." then someone out of fear puts a cap in our alien friend. Yeah, I wouldn't visit either.

The gardener does not stay in his garden all the time nor do all gardeners talk to there veggies. We see them more now because our level of awareness is elevating slowly. They come very far we must go a little further to great them if we are to learn the from them the wonders of nature.

Let's say that E.T. does show up in public. Massive space craft parked right over the white house. Alien get's out of the craft and exclaims "I come in peace." then someone out of fear puts a cap in our alien friend. Yeah, I wouldn't visit either.

Your scenario is not the way it would happen. Give the aliens some credit. They would take precautions just as we would take precautions landing on an alien world.
  • Like 1

Cheers,

Badeskov

In a 2011 article from the NASA website, it claimed that the Hubble Telescope had observed light from an object over 13.2 billion light years away from earth.

Astronomers have pushed NASA's Hubble Space Telescope to its limits by finding what is likely to be the most distant object ever seen in the universe. The

object's light traveled 13.2 billion years to reach Hubble, roughly 150 million years longer than the previous record holder. The age of the universe is approximately 13.7 billion years.

Of course you probably already know how the scientist were able to tell the difference between the light which originated from the object 13.2 billion light years away and the light from the object 13.1 billion light years away.

However, according to the ancients, the King of Great- Pharaoh was the biological descendant of the God who made the Earth's Sun who abodes in his celestial garden in the heaven. A leading expert and researcher into the Ancients and ET's, Prof. Unoi Amarah suggests that based upon writings contained in the Book of Pharoah found within the secret chamber located in the belly of the Great Sphinx, it foretold that in days of last when the gentiles shall see the two great lights from the beginning of the universe, they shall be one. And the two shall be reveal the measure of cubits to the celestial dwelling place from which the throne of Pharaoh was sent, or rather the distance to the planet where the original Pharaoh descended from. And there was something else about the visitation, or the time the Great and Terrible day when the Great God of heaven shall return to upon the Greater Light to the earth dwelling in the lesser light to repay all those who dwell upon earth that hate him to their face.

While the difference in the distance between the light from the two farthest objects is 150,000,000 light years. Which would indicate that if true, that it would take ET 150,000,000 years to travel from the planet they abode upon to reach the earth traveling at the speed of light. Since, it was around 3 years ago that this light was observed from the farthest known distance in the Universe, then I feel sorry for those suckers that are here in 149, 999, 997 years from now.

But then again, if one looks closely at E=mc2, and the reference in the Book of Pharoah regarding the return upon the Greater Light, if they can travel at the c2 or rather the speed of light x speed of light, then it would only take 4.4 years to reach earth. Impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, maybe for the lesser, but not for the Greater. Yet didn't they say it was impossible to bend light?

But I wouldn't take any of this as being serious or anything more than speculation and conjecture, but this link offers a interesting perspective on the situation.

Edited by 029b10

Detecting light and detecting a comparatively minuscule nuclear detonation on the surface of a planet orbiting a nuclear mass several orders of magnitude larger than the planet itself are two different things.

• Like 3

Your scenario is not the way it would happen. Give the aliens some credit. They would take precautions just as we would take precautions landing on an alien world.

Yes they might be wise to first send rovers or robotic drones or other types of flying chariots.