Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has ET already dismissed us as unintelligent?

Do we need to put someone to sleep and cut a rib out to get their DNA? NO! A hair will do, or some saliva!! Besides, we are made in the image...of our ancestors, all the way back and up the evolutionary tree.

Seems you completely missed the point of the reference. But interestingly, as you stated "or some saliva!!"

"When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay," Which I am sure you are familiar is a scripture in the NT, John 9:6, regarding the blind man that he healed. Some might suggest that this edification of the cloning described in Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;"

Bone marrow transplant has been used successfully to treat diseases such as leukemias, lymphomas, aplastic anemia, immune deficiency disorders www.hopkinsmedicine.org

Bone marrow is the spongy tissue inside some of your bones, such as your hip and thigh bones. It contains immature cells, called stem cells. www.nlm.nih.gov

Scientists have finally succeeded in using cloning to create human embryonic stem cells from adult patients, a step toward developing replacement tissue. www.nytimes.com

Unintelligent? probably!.......we pick up our doggy's doo doo! while out walking them.......don't we? :yes:

• Like 1

Seems you completely missed the point of the reference. But interestingly, as you stated "or some saliva!!"

"When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay," Which I am sure you are familiar is a scripture in the NT, John 9:6, regarding the blind man that he healed. Some might suggest that this edification of the cloning described in Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;"

Bone marrow transplant has been used successfully to treat diseases such as leukemias, lymphomas, aplastic anemia, immune deficiency disorders www.hopkinsmedicine.org

Bone marrow is the spongy tissue inside some of your bones, such as your hip and thigh bones. It contains immature cells, called stem cells. www.nlm.nih.gov

Scientists have finally succeeded in using cloning to create human embryonic stem cells from adult patients, a step toward developing replacement tissue. www.nytimes.com

The post I replied to was where you stated aliens were involved

quoting you: "What if humans on earth where genetically created from the DNA of these aliens beings, like they took a rib out of one of the aliens"

But now you quote biblical texts. So what is it, aliens, or God?

But remember that neither aliens or God can be proven. But...evolution can

• Like 2

A truly intelligent lifeform with millions of years of experience encountering alien lifeforms might consider humanity nothing more than troublesome vermin. They might consider us a plague species, in need of culling to restore the natural balance. Our level of technology might be no more to them than that of ants to us. Only a few thousand revolutions around our star separate us from our cave-dwelling ancestors, only a few hundred thousand more or so, from the beasts of the jungle. Primitive lifeforms, cloaked in rags,shambling through their nightmare cities of violence, filth, poverty and disease. Intelligent? Oh, they may have a whole different set of criteria to determine that.

Edited by hammerclaw

Perhaps we are the last ditch effort of a dying species. A means for them to exist even after they've died out. Like how children are a part of their parent, though they may not look exactly like them. Considering the higher radiation on the planet at the time, I'm sure there would have been mutations. Kind of reminds me of the intro to Prometheus. Maybe our quest for technology and space travel is instinctual?

Considering the knowledge handed down through generations by word of mouth and what not, the creation stories of man do have a tangible if not scientific flavour to them, even considering after all this time the stories themselves may have mutated. Its either misinterpretation, a fanciful coincidence, or we have accurately preserved within us the memory seed of our long dead space parents and just cant help ourselves from developing technology as we evolve.

Perhaps space travel is instinctual but why dont I possess that instinct, I rather like Earth. Am I a.... :cry: .... mutant? I feel perhaps a bit like Lassie on his Masters grave, only too happy to make this piece of dirt my final resting place.

Let's say that E.T. does show up in public. Massive space craft parked right over the white house. Alien get's out of the craft and exclaims "I come in peace." then someone out of fear puts a cap in our alien friend. Yeah, I wouldn't visit either.

That was a movie.

Twice.

• Like 2

Cultures as might "cull" the vermin won't last long enough. That may be us.

Exactly. The ability for gravity to bend light is a pillar of the GToR. Without it we would not have detected black holes or dark matter.

Stephen Hawking: 'There are no black holes'

Notion of an 'event horizon', from which nothing can escape, is incompatible with quantum theory, physicist claims.

http://www.nature.com/news/stephen-hawking-there-are-no-black-holes-1.14583

Learning your physics by headlines. I don't think you got it quite right.

Stephen Hawking: 'There are no black holes'

Notion of an 'event horizon', from which nothing can escape, is incompatible with quantum theory, physicist claims.

http://www.nature.co...k-holes-1.14583

Sometimes physicist go back and for on their conclusions,may i suggest hawkings book "Black holes and baby universes and other essays"

For some reason Google has never heard of the "leading researcher" called Prof. Unoi Amarah.

Said "leading" researcher, not "well known" researcher but I agree, it is a shame he is not better known.

Said "leading" researcher, not "well known" researcher but I agree, it is a shame he is not better known.

It's a shame that any researcher *will* leave a trail that Google can find (peer reviewed publications, University affiliations, public grants, etc.). I think you can guess the implication yourself.....

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

ETs may not dismiss US as unintelligent and with lack of foresight.

But I am sure they dismiss our governments as unintelligent and with great lack of foresight. And they would be right.

He's a scientist. He is undecided until proper data can be used to form a (testable/falsifiable) theory. Like he should. Like we all should.

What do you need data for? Plenty of evidence already exists.

ETs may not dismiss US as unintelligent and with lack of foresight.

But I am sure they dismiss our governments as unintelligent and with great lack of foresight. And they would be right.

It would be interesting to know what deals have been struck in the past and exactly what communication has been made.

If there is one thing I would like disclosed it would be just that.

• Like 1

What do you need data for? Plenty of evidence already exists.

The evidence is subjective. Data that is collected properly isn't.

• Like 5

To paraphrase the Treasure of the Sierra Madre,

"Evidence. We don't need no sticking evidence."

It's so much easier to make up nonsense than it is to obtain useful evidence.

• Like 2

The evidence is subjective. Data that is collected properly isn't.

Objective evidence can be skewed too. When I nurse, I run a lot on subjective evidence. So that means that subjective evidence is NOT a bad thing, is valid in many, many situations.

To paraphrase the Treasure of the Sierra Madre,

"Evidence. We don't need no sticking evidence."

It's so much easier to make up nonsense than it is to obtain useful evidence.

You mean, make up nonsense like Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and poses (at least said then) an imminent threat? The problem is when we are lied to by our governments nearly all the time, the nonsense in this world is mostly emannating from the very government that is said to require real facts, a government that cooks up facts, pays reporters and the mainstream media. So when someone outside the government whistleblows about ETs and visitors, and even those who have been here long before man, I tend more to believe them more than the issuances from a constantly lying government. Nonsense is in the ear and eye of the beholder.

Edited by regeneratia

Objective evidence can be skewed too. When I nurse, I run a lot on subjective evidence. So that means that subjective evidence is NOT a bad thing, is valid in many, many situations.

IF...if it is interpreted correctly. I'm sure you can agree that even (or especially) in the medical field misdiagnoses happen far more often than they should. Is that a symptom of the processes used to diagnose/treat patients or is it a symptom of a faulty approach on the part of the medical professional offering said diagnosis? That's debatable on a case by case basis.

IF...if it is interpreted correctly. I'm sure you can agree that even (or especially) in the medical field misdiagnoses happen far more often than they should. Is that a symptom of the processes used to diagnose/treat patients or is it a symptom of a faulty approach on the part of the medical professional offering said diagnosis? That's debatable on a case by case basis.

Scientists skew the numbers sometimes. In fact, it has become epidemic to have skewed results. Even my scientist spouse says that his old boss wanted to change the numbers, alter the data. Spouse wouldn't do it.

Subjective evidence is NOT a bad thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if aliens regard us as little more than fungus lol there is a lot of idiots that inhabit this planet...

Scientists skew the numbers sometimes. In fact, it has become epidemic to have skewed results.

Then when someone reproduces the results, they get the right numbers and the previous scientist looks incompetent.

Science! :yes:

• Like 4

We would also have to consider what the E.T's standard for intelligence is.

Edited by XenoFish

What if humans on earth where genetically created from the DNA of these aliens beings, like they took a rib out of one of the aliens, of course after putting them to sleep with anesthesia because it would too painful to do while one was awake, and then made an incision in the side of the alien thereby removing the rib for DNA and sutured the wound and then using a process like cloning, leaving the primary codes in tact that form the image of having two arms, two legs, and basic structure of the alien body and thus thereby isolated, separated and reconfigured the genetic codes responsible for the traits or features such as hair type, eye color and such so that gave them the likeness of the aliens.

That did not happen according to historical record. We evolved from primates.

• Like 1