Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real Magic - Question

Nic727

Hi,

I have a question about strange power. Is it true that if we reach a state in our life or another reason, we can develop things like "can create fire ball, healing people, create water, etc"?

I'm really interesting in that, because magician in show are demonstrating impossible stuff and they are saying the same thing everytimes "It's all illusion", but what if we can really develop these kind of thing. I'm thinking that magician are stoping the time to make impossible things, but they are saying that it's illusion, because they are going too fast. But what the **** ?

Just watch this guy :

It's completly not possible.

And why in the medieval time, they were drawing dragon and there were witch?

Why in Roman Empire and Greek Empire, there are some Demigods stories with surnatural power like fire ball, floating in the air, be really strong, etc? Are they real or only a collective animation?

Someone have an explication?

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm french, so maybe the text will look weird.

Given that the average human being now carries a device capable of recording and transmitting images with sound nigh-instantly to every other person on the globe and NOONE has recorded someone "throwing a fireball" I'm going to say "it's not happening".

An illusion is just that, a very clever trick. David Copperfield made the statue of Liberty disappear and it took decades for people to work out how. The same will no doubt be true of illusionists today.

• Like 3

Whenever I see a magic trick involving birds, I always remember the scene from The Prestige where Hugh Jackman is crushing birds in a collapsing bird cage

• Like 2

You can answer your own question very easily: go to a magician's shop and tell them "I want to start learning magic."

Yes, it's all technology and trickery. But it's interesting to go find out. Take a look at some of the things they sell online:

http://www.abra4magic.com/

And here's a wonderful video showing one of the easier tricks:

http://www.xploremagic.com/Close-up-Magic/Learn-Professors-Nightmare-Rope-Trick-Tutor

Hi Nic...

All magic you see on tv and on the street IS an illusion. All of it. These magicians are highly skilled in what is called "Sleight of Hand" which means not only they can do things very fast but also employ techniques to draw your attention away from one thing and onto another so they can do their act.

I realize you want it to be real and that they are really doing something special but they aren't. There are plenty of people like David Blaine, for example, who readily explain how these acts are done.

Even people like Chriss Angel have demonstrated how he did his stunts. No magic,no stopping of time...nothing. Just good acting, diverting of attention, sleight of hand and often the right usage of camera angles and lights.

Ok thx :)

Its just crazy how he is doing to make these birds appearing and how I try to watch every second of magicians trick and find nothing... Lol

Edited by Nic727

I personally do believe magic (what I differentiate from both sleight-of-hand magic and philosophical, pagan magick) is possible, but it can be done by an extremely small number of people and, in many ways, may not as visually glamorous as what Mr. Blaine might do. (It's really kind of complicated to explain.)

I've practiced magick for about 20 years now. To tell you the truth weird stuff does happen but for the most part it's all psychology. I've yet to toss a fire ball, call down lightening, or summon an actual demon. Nothing works like all those books say. Most of the stuff in them is overly zealous b.s. and marketing strategy.

L.O.A. stuff works but nothing like what all those marketing scams say. It's tunes your conscious into a specif desire. So your make it happen, or notice it more. Best way to describe it would be "casting" a spell for a job. Next thing you know you fee 'now hiring' signs everywhere. Your talking to people about employment, and end results is you got a job. Now truth be told that those opportunities were always there. You just became aware of them.

If you want to impress people, learn slight of hand.

• Like 1

There are not magicians like magicians. :rolleyes: Some of them shows tricks on stage. And some of them do some real magic. But those who practice the true magic with her do not boast. Do not performing it in front of people.

There are not magicians like magicians. :rolleyes: Some of them shows tricks on stage. And some of them do some real magic. But those who practice the true magic with her do not boast. Do not performing it in front of people.

And what kind of "real magic" would that be?

Something can be described as magic or magical but there is no such thing as 'Real Magic'...

A definition of what 'real magic' is would be interesting.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

According to Aleister Crowley “Magick is the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will." of course according to this definition anything is magick. If it's done with intent.

• Like 1

of course according to this definition anything is magick. If it's done with intent.

Yup its a bit vague...

Yep I agree. I find the psychological model of magick to be more defining and some what less "woo woo" in explaining things.

http://fraterbarrabb...y-model-of.html

The psychological model of magic does not purport to explain how magic works, it's only premise is that the subconscious will do the job if it is properly addressed and/or conditioned.

Edited by XenoFish

I'm thinking that magician are stoping the time to make impossible things, but they are saying that it's illusion, because they are going too fast. But what the **** ?

Whats more likely - that the magician has become expert in a pretty well known trick - or that he's learnt how to stop time??? You need to brush up on your critical thinking skills.

So your make it happen, or notice it more. Best way to describe it would be "casting" a spell for a job. Next thing you know you fee 'now hiring' signs everywhere. Your talking to people about employment, and end results is you got a job. Now truth be told that those opportunities were always there. You just became aware of them.

Its called cognitive bias, and is pretty well understood.

Ah, the old "its real but I'm not going to show anyone" line.

• Like 2

Whats more likely - that the magician has become expert in a pretty well known trick - or that he's learnt how to stop time??? You need to brush up on your critical thinking skills.

Ah, the old "its real but I'm not going to show anyone" line.

Now that's magic ;)

• Like 1

And what kind of "real magic" would that be?

Real magick? Magic is a pretty a broad concept. Examples?

The powers of your own mind, to be obtained by meditation ..... = Mental magick.

http://chestofbooks....r/#.U5nPVECuMSk

Or talismans, pentacles, amulets.... See Archidoxes of magic by Paracelsus

http://www.scribd.co...Paracelsus-1655

Or evocation magic

http://evocationmagic.com/

and others.

Edited by Lumpino

I won't disagree with you on that. I also attribute success to self-fulfilling prophecy.

One day I got electricuted by a lamp post then a few minutes later I waved one finger and a golden flame shot out my finger and the girl I was with seen it aswell

Everything I touch turns to Skittles...

BTW My other half types my posts for me.

That brings up and interesting question. If Nyan cat farts rainbows, are skittles nyan cat poop? Taste the rainbow. lol

tumblr_n2ccfeQAjy1shf8zxo1_250.gif

• Like 1

Everything I touch turns to Skittles...

BTW My other half types my posts for me.

Let me know when youre popping out reeces pieces, then I'll be interested

• Like 1

The thing with magick is that a lot of it is just a form of subconscious programming. Using emotionally charged affirmations. Sometimes rituals set the mood for allowing the sub-c to be more easily programmed. Even symbolism such a sigils can do this. Same goes for techniques like creative visualization. Placing a seed of intent into the fertile soil of the deep mind. Once there it will grow till in manifest in some form or another.

Sigils and such.

http://www.excommunicate.net/basics-in-sigil-creation-or-the-only-magic-guaranteed-to-work/#axzz34yxzqKBy

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-flux/201301/the-inner-language-the-subconscious

Whenever I see a magic trick involving birds, I always remember the scene from The Prestige where Hugh Jackman is crushing birds in a collapsing bird cage

The first thing I thought at the end of his trick was holy crap! Did he just kill all those birds?