Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hallucination or Parallel Universe?

NuttyKaks

Ok so I'm taking meds, and I don't know if what I'm seeing is a hallucination or something else? We have a dog, but before we even got him a few years ago, I used to see a similar looking dog running around the house out of the corner of my eye, but when I would look straight at this phantom it would not be there.

I still see this dog, but not as often as I used to. Whenever our dog goes one way the phantom dog goes the other... I also had this happen with some people who would go one direction, and some phantom that looks like them goes the other direction...

I would always attribute this to a hallucination due to my meds... I also wonder sometimes though if I may be seeing another parallel universe! Where when one person/animal goes one way, and the other person/animal in another parallel universe is doing the opposite! I feel like I've gone mad!!! LOL ^_^:rolleyes:

Edited by NuttyKaks
  • Like 1

The parallel universe theory is probably a stretch. Usually the simplest solution to an apparent anomaly is correct. However, I might see an opthamologist and describe the symptoms.

Hope you get better. :)

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

Strange, this was something I was discussing with a friend just the other day. :P

We were talking about if mirrors were really just windows into a parallel dimension that is exactly the same, but everything's reversed, or opposite, or mirrored.

Anyways, I think it could be an eye problem. I'm not too smart with the human eye, but if you're seeing almost like a reflection out of the corner of your eye, then maybe the lens or some sort of thingamajig in your eye is having problems. Because when light goes into our eye, it gets bounced around and reversed and all this fun stuff, so I'm thinking maybe something's a little out of whack.

It doesn't sound bad though, maybe just go see an eye doctor :)

• Like 3

Hallus.

• Like 1

Ok so I'm taking meds, and I don't know if what I'm seeing is a hallucination or something else? We have a dog, but before we even got him a few years ago, I used to see a similar looking dog running around the house out of the corner of my eye, but when I would look straight at this phantom it would not be there.

I still see this dog, but not as often as I used to. Whenever our dog goes one way the phantom dog goes the other... I also had this happen with some people who would go one direction, and some phantom that looks like them goes the other direction...

I would always attribute this to a hallucination due to my meds... I also wonder sometimes though if I may be seeing another parallel universe! Where when one person/animal goes one way, and the other person/animal in another parallel universe is doing the opposite! I feel like I've gone mad!!! LOL ^_^:rolleyes:

You seem to be trying your best to be objective about it. It's almost certainly your meds or an eye problem, but you will never be really sure. Life has unanswered questions. That is just the way it is.
  • Like 3

The experience you had a while before having your dog seems to be more than just meds. It's easy for people to jump on that because the majority of people on this site don't believe in the supernatural.

• Like 2

The experience you had a while before having your dog seems to be more than just meds. It's easy for people to jump on that because the majority of people on this site don't believe in the supernatural.

I would object to that; most people here are agnostic about the supernatural and probably more believe than don't. It is just that in this case the meds are so obvious and such a simpler alternative.

Besides, I see nothing particularly supernatural about alternative dimensions. The concept is a theory of physics, not religion.

• Like 2

First of all, your placing your opinion on an awful large number of people you know nothing about and it may not actually apply. I very much believe in the idea that the paranormal has reality within it. But i always look for the obvious solutions even when it applies to myself. i'm sure many here feel as i do.

Edited by jamesjr191
  • Like 3

:hmm: Aw poo probably is just my eyes acting funny or my meds for depression. Oh well I'll just pretend i'm seeing some other parallel universe until I see a doctor...

B) Oh hell I'll probably just pretend even if this issue never gets solved as to what I'm seeing. :P

Thanks for the answers, and kind words everyone! :tsu:

Edited by NuttyKaks

:huh: That's the part that bothers me! I saw a dog out of the corner of my eye that looked just like our new dog BEFORE we even got him. I don't know how to explain that at all to this very day! :wacko:

So u see a shadow dog runing around very cool.is your dog scared or bark in the middle of thenight

So u see a shadow dog runing around very cool.is your dog scared or bark in the middle of thenight

Yeah, he barks (Our real dog, not the phantom one I see running around sometimes...), but not all the time though.

Edited by NuttyKaks

Strange, this was something I was discussing with a friend just the other day. :P

We were talking about if mirrors were really just windows into a parallel dimension that is exactly the same, but everything's reversed, or opposite, or mirrored.

Visiting what seems to be parallel dimensions where everything is exactly the same, but just turned around, is quite easily experienced with Visual Reorientation Illusions (VRIs). It happens to many people several times a day, and you can learn to visit the other viewpoints with practice if you want to.

• Like 1