Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bottoms Up! Manure Turned Into Drinking Water

Still Waters

Scientists in the US have developed technology that can turn cow manure into drinkable water.

The anaerobic digester takes manure and passes out water which is clean enough for livestock to drink - by removing compounds such as ammonia.

Nutrients are also pulled from the manure during the process which can be turned into fertiliser.

https://uk.news.yaho...96.html#FIRtmK5

• Like 1

Sounds like pure BS to me! (Sorry, couldn't resist that)

• Like 3

Hello eald long time no see,may i interest you in a drink?....

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 1

Hello eald long time no see,may i interest you in a drink?....

Thankyou old chap.....a pint of English Old Ale if I may.....

No biggie. All water is recycled water anyway. That beverage you're currently enjoying may well contain water molecules which quite recently was cow pis anyway. Cheers!

Edited by AZDZ

Meh.

Heineken® have been using this water for years.

• Like 1

If water might be in short supply, what then are the cows supposed to be drinking to get the water that goes into their feces? And who's going to drink cow poo water anyway, because I know I'm not!

I think by the time the human race gets to the stage where drinking cow poo water is our only option, that will be the time when we gracefully take a bow and go, probably quite happily, into extinction lol :yes:

If water might be in short supply, what then are the cows supposed to be drinking to get the water that goes into their feces? And who's going to drink cow poo water anyway, because I know I'm not!

It seems the cows will be supplying their own water.

Meh.

Heineken® have been using this water for years.

So that's where the skunky taste comes from! :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

Depending how expensive it is, the water can be used to irrigate the fields and the left overs can be used for fertilizer. Teh Amish have been using "fresh fertilizer" for generations.

They use reclaimed water for lawn irrigation...it smells very...cow poo-ish already, but this is crazy. lol

Add that to the Japanese that take human feces and get rid of all the nitrates and make a bacon flavored snack with it, for human consumption. Eat you about a dozen of the Japanese Poo treats, and wash it down with about a gallon of the Cow sh** H2O and you've got yourself a party.

• Like 1

Add that to the Japanese that take human feces and get rid of all the nitrates and make a bacon flavored snack with it, for human consumption. Eat you about a dozen of the Japanese Poo treats, and wash it down with about a gallon of the Cow sh** H2O and you've got yourself a party.

I really wish you had not told us of this. *gags*

• Like 1

I really wish you had not told us of this. *gags*

I know, as gross as it sounds it is true. I had the same reaction when I first read about it.
  • Like 1

how close are we to soylent green?

• Like 3

I dont see why all the fuss. Cows are raised drinking milk and we have no problem drinking that, same thing really.

Thankyou old chap.....a pint of English Old Ale if I may.....

Don't forget to spit the bits of straw out ...heh

I don't find this too odd. After all, we have had water treatment plants for many years, and they separate human waste amongst other things from water to make it "clean" again. Now it's just the waste itself being refined.

I feel sick now.

Aww, don't think about it because you are also breathing someones used air.