Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blonde women attacked by crows in London

UM-Bot

A group of real-life angry birds has been terrorizing fair-haired visitors to London's Eltham Park South.

In scenes reminiscent of those in Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 movie "The Birds", the otherwise ideallic park has been home to a spate of attacks from hostile crows that appear to have a grudge against women with blonde hair.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...crows-in-london

• Like 1

Did Daenerys Targaryen bump into the Nights Watch?

were those blonde's eastern europeans???

if so then I can understand, why them birds are angry

Stone the crows, that must be scary as hell. Other than running away there's not much you can do unless you have a hat, hood or flame-thrower on your person.

Break its little pecker off and kick it around on the ground!

Perhaps they see blonde hair as nesting material and were just trying to collect some.

• Like 2

Perhaps they see blonde hair as nesting material and were just trying to collect some.

I think this is probably the case, it is spring after all. Crows are known to be attracted to bright shiny thngs...why not fixin's for a nice shiny nest?

• Like 2

Interesting idea, I wonder if there is some sort of shortage of what they usually use for nests.

I think this is probably the case, it is spring after all. Crows are known to be attracted to bright shiny thngs...why not fixin's for a nice shiny nest?

So long as they're not attracted to shiny, scalp-coloured hair then I'd be safe in that park. :mellow:

It mentions in the article a colour association with fear, maybe a previous encounter with a light haired animal, maybe a Labrador.

But seeing as it is a blonde woman being attacked could the angry crows have come across this angry bird in the past and are out for revenge. ;)

Edit: to many 'maybes' for such a short post.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

Strange that a so-called bird expert linked labrador dogs to blonde women.

I looked into this and found it's just women with light hair that are vistims of crows in that park. Also an elderly woman with white hair was attacked. It's easy to explain off the colour but why pick on women?

She could just dye her hair to avoid any further avian molestation I guess lol.

I think it is just a facet of animal behaviour that we clearly don't fully understand. As has been noted it could be the light, vibrant and noticeable colour of the hair that attracts them, who knows.

I am trying to refrain from any blonde dog jokes.

I looked into this and found it's just women with light hair that are vistims of crows in that park. Also an elderly woman with white hair was attacked. It's easy to explain off the colour but why pick on women?

I would guess women are more likely to have long blonde hair than men... Not many gnarly surf dudes in London parks ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

Maybe the crows are familiars for a rival witch! Just sayin' :whistle::devil:

I can empathize with the birds.... I've 'attacked' my fair share of blonde women as well....and redheads... brunettes... even a bald one once...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

even a bald one once...

More beer goggle evidence? ;)

• Like 3

More beer goggle evidence? ;)

No, a very lovely young woman who lost her hair due to cancer treatment... It gradually grew back after she fully recovered...

• Like 2

I can see the dog reference from the standpoint that nesting birds will attack dogs. My poor border collie would get attacked every spring. She could care less about the birds. She never chased. BTW she was mostly black so the lab reference doesn't work. Cocker Spaniels can be golden as well..

Maybe the Mommy bird was protecting her babies from the nasty female human who might try to hurt her babies. Other animals do the same.

• Like 1

No, a very lovely young woman who lost her hair due to cancer treatment... It gradually grew back after she fully recovered...

Here I thought you had a Deltan fetish (ST:TMP reference for anyone that doesn't know)
  • Like 1

:blush:

Sometimes my fingers type before my brain gets into gear. A positive ending though :)

:blush:

Sometimes my fingers type before my brain gets into gear. A positive ending though :)

I was always a bit sad that it didn't work out for us in the long run... Last I heard though she was happily married and a mom of two... (most likely a granny now)...

• Like 1

I heard on the news today that crows can remember a person's face for one year or more.

Evidently they attacked a couple who saved a baby Robin. The crows were about the eat the Robin.

I think there's a video of this, but not sure. :)

• Like 1

Crows are very intelligent birds. They remember those who have wronged them, but also those who have been kind.

• Like 1

It mentions in the article a colour association with fear, maybe a previous encounter with a light haired animal, maybe a Labrador.

But seeing as it is a blonde woman being attacked could the angry crows have come across this angry bird in the past and are out for revenge. ;)

Edit: to many 'maybes' for such a short post.

I can't say what is causing this, but I do know that crows are very smart and have a long memory. Some students at a college trapped some crows to leg band them and then released them. From then on when those students were outside on campus the crows would mob them cawing loudly. The students graduated from the school and for some reason or another went back on campus some five years later, and the crows still remembered them and screamed at them! Not exactly a "bird brain" with a memory like that.

So perhaps they had a run in with some blonde person who harassed them and are taking it out on all blondes.

(I could tell a few blonde jokes here, but I'll be nice.)

• Like 1