Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MIT designs 'Dr Octopus' robotic limbs

UM-Bot

Researchers have developed advanced robotic arms similar to those used by Spiderman's nemesis.

Offering the potential to revolutionize the construction and manufacturing industries, the MIT's Supernumerary Robotic Limbs (SRLs) were outlined at the International Conference on Robotics and Automation in Hong Kong this week.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...s-robotic-limbs

Huh. So, well, um, cool? (I'm confused. I cant figure out if this is cool or dumb.)

Edited by Jyre Cayce

Huh. So, well, um, cool? (I'm confused. I cant figure out if this is cool or dumb.)

Yeah I was kind of watching this with raised eyebrows...It is definitely a nice piece of design and technology work, well done for that.....But then I kind of just thought....why? lol. I am sure it has an application beyond erm...pretending to be a Spider-man villain but I was just a bit baffled as to what it would be lol :no:

More profound engineering may come in the next installment where if things go awry, it squirts ink.

I like the idea, but am not sure if the technology is there yet. Might be very useful for those people with missing arms?

Edited by DieChecker

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

• Like 1