Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Possessed' cars in Cornish Bermuda Triangle

UM-Bot

Residents of a small village in England have been experiencing a spate of unexplained phenomena.

The strange series of events began when locals discovered that their car doors would spontaneously lock and unlock for no discernible reason. Sometimes the phenomenon would result in someone being trapped inside their vehicle while at other times they would be unable to get in.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ermuda-triangle

• Like 1

More like a Cornish Twilighht Zone than Bermuda Triangle, don't you think?

I agree with OverSword, something is interfering with the radio signal the locking mechanisms work on, or it could be one of these cheap hacking tools you can get that lets unscrupulous people to gain access with a Smartphone App on their phones, but using it as a prank more than maliciously.

• Like 3

That is strange. And to make it even stranger, the steering wheel moves to the wrong side of the car as in that photo! How weird is that?

• Like 7

SaraT beat me to it! I had to register first. But, come, come...there must be some paranormal factor at work. The explanation cannot be so mundane.

• Like 4

SaraT beat me to it! I had to register first. But, come, come...there must be some paranormal factor at work. The explanation cannot be so mundane.

Welcome to the UM Forums!

:)

Easily explained.

Could be a phone mast or radio signals.

Been to a lot of chrysler voyagers where they won't start, usually at petrol station forecourts(phone masts are usually hidden in the large signs), take the car half a mile down the road and its fine.

I cant understand how you can't get in the cars, they have a manual door lock which will open, too many people rely solely on the little buttons.

Well our tiny island of Britain being as it is, means we are never far away from a Mobile Phone mast or some other technological installation point or other. So I am definitely in the camp of interference from something nearby. :yes:

Or someone has a key-fob scanner and is sat wetting themselves with laughter on some high vantage point with a pair of binoculars as he plays with peoples car doors lol.....yeah joking I know lol.

Edited by Silent Trinity

Even though this isn't that exciting, it's one of the better Unexplained Mysteries that has been posted on a site with the same name. Just sayin.

I don't think it is supernatural.

I don't live there but experience similar problems when I park under a power line/telegraph pole outside my work. I try to avoid the space where possible as I either struggle to lock or unlock the car. Happens to both my vehicles which have entirely different locking systems. It is just poor insulation on wiring I believe that interferes with the key fobs.

Edited by skookum

Key fobs tend to operate on either 315 or 433 Mhz. So, what impacts one vehicle is likely to impact another. Causes of RF interference might be quite unexpected; in one instance it was found to be a DJ's light control panel using the same frequency as the key fobs.

Could be caused by a prankster with skills in electronics and some selfmade equipment.

Edited by toast

Garage door opener?

In reference to SUM,s link.

I can't understand how a car can be steered remotely. This got me in Terminator 3, the majority of vehicles have NO electro mechanical link in the steering. The exception being some 'super mini' cars which use an electric motor on the steering column to assist the limp wristed driver.

A car without this could not be steered by any other means than the driver or 3rd party in the car.

Acceleration could be controlled, and braking to a point by pulsing the ABS system,and of course turning the engine off, but without a electronic link which actively influences the steering, I doubt its true.

Edited by Redefining Success

*snip*

curious isnt it?

No, just stupid nonsens.

• Like 2

In reference to SUM,s link.

Citations from the linked page:

We leaked this intel from personal discussions with insiders who have high-level security clearance -- from levels well

above the President of the United States.

Our Moon is one of the most important strongholds of the Light forces in our solar system. It is not an artificial satellite nor

is it full of reptilians. All reptilians and other negative races and their lunar bases have already been cleared from the Moon

by the Light forces.

Galactic energetics permute all remnants of dark intent. Shadow statics are eliminated as blue Sol expands.

So don`t take that page and its contents serious.

Traffic lights, shopping center doors or in-road censors can do crazy things to automatic door features in Automobiles.

Edited by maximusnow

Traffic lights, shopping center doors or in-road censors can do crazy things to automatic door features in Automobiles.

Door sensors and the majority of traffic lights work on infra red, they dont transmit a radio signal so can't interfere with radio signals.

Citations from the linked page:

So don`t take that page and its contents serious.

Should of read further into it instead of going off one of my rants. I doff my cap to you sir.

Edited by Redefining Success
  • Like 1