Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Father Hits Teacher With Baseball Bat

susieice

This isn't entirely right but I can understand why the father did it. I'll let you read the text and decide.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/dad-hits-perry-hall-teacher-with-baseball-bat-after-inappropriate-texts-surface-with-teen-daughter

• Like 4

I agree with you, Susie.

I'd have done the same, most likely.

• Like 2

I agree with you, Susie.

I'd have done the same, most likely.

What you said.... and then some!!

• Like 2

I think I would've used my fists myself but I like the personal touch

• Like 4

Im a hot headed muda faker so I would have done the same thing,

• Like 4

The teacher is a predator. Besides that he was trespasing and refused to leave the house.

• Like 3

This child needs to be held to some account as well as her parents. YES the teacher is so far out of line that his license should be pulled permanently but the girl needs to answer some questions as well.

• Like 4

What bothers me the most is that this teacher went to this girl's house. Why? If I was being accused of improper behavior with a student, her house would be the last place anyone would find me. Questions can be answered during the school's investigation since it doesn't appear the police are going to get involved. Her parents did notify them.

• Like 5

I'd have to read the texts to understand how they were determined "emotional" and "seemed inappropriate".

I would think by the way the events unfolded- with the teacher going over there and then refusing to leave- that there might actually have been a true misunderstanding re: the texts, but heck if I know.

• Like 2

Hmm kind of hard to say if the teacher deserved it without knowing what the text messages said. Maybe he was inappropriate, maybe it was platonic and the teacher tried to explain it as such, but either way it was very unprofessional.

I had a high school teacher who everyone liked and would invite graduated students to go fishing with him or do other water activities(he was a big boater). He flat out refused to let any students who hadn't graduated go with him because he knew it was unprofessional to mix students with his personal life.

• Like 1

What bothers me the most is that this teacher went to this girl's house. Why? If I was being accused of improper behavior with a student, her house would be the last place anyone would find me. Questions can be answered during the school's investigation since it doesn't appear the police are going to get involved. Her parents did notify them.

You're right - and it shows (again) this guy's lack of understanding propriety where children are concerned. Maybe he really was just a very nice and harmless teacher and felt he could explain the situation to the father but any rational person would know that should be done on neutral ground. A meeting room in a library at the school, the principal's office... he's lucky the dad didn't seriously injure him.

I'd have given him a Glasgow Kiss and called the police.

Daughter of Mine and I would have had a long chat about what was inappropriate and he'd have been sacked and I'd have a well earnt headache.

• Like 1

Hmm kind of hard to say if the teacher deserved it without knowing what the text messages said. Maybe he was inappropriate, maybe it was platonic and the teacher tried to explain it as such, but either way it was very unprofessional.

It sounds like it's that they were teacher/student and that's what seemed to police as inappropriate. I agree it shows a lack of good judgement on the part of the teacher, surprisingly so, but I still wouldn't jump to conclusions about his intent because of the volume of the texts and the police determined no crime.

Another thing, though, that headline is misleading. It comes across as though the father hit the teacher with a bat because of texts, but the actual reason was because the teacher wouldn't leave when he was asked.

According to the police there was nothing they could do as the texts didn't indicate anything inappropriate was happening. How do you know this isn't a case of a psycho father, who likely doesn't trust anyone because he can't be trusted, jealous of his little girls relationship with another man? Just saying, we don't know at this point and since a minor is involved probably never will. In a few weeks when they find that the father killed the whole family before he put the gun in his own mouth won't we feel silly for automatically assuming the teacher was in the wrong here?

Edited by OverSword

Well, I'm assuming he's automatically wrong because our professional standards says POINT BLANK to not send any form of private communication to kids and to tell the principal if they contact you.

• Like 4

Why would a teacher be sending mass amounts of texts to a female student anyway? She's only 14 years old. I'd like to know what they say.

I'd have to see those texts before I could side with the father on this one. Dude could just be an a hole.

• Like 1

I should clarify that I do think the teacher is wrong for having texted the child at all, but whether or not said texts were deserving of a baseball bat is yet to be seen.

The teacher also refused to leave. This is really odd behavior from a 42 year old man towards a young girl who is his student. This is not a common teacher/student relationship at all. He mass texts her. When her parents report him, he goes to her house and refuses to leave. Me thinks the teacher was asking for trouble as he should have known better than to go there in the first place, even disregarding the texts he was sending.

The police reaction in this whole thing is a little odd too.

I think the teacher is pretty stupid to go to the girls house after being found out. He should have gone to the Principal, or Superintendent and explained his case to one of them immediately. Going to the parent's house was likely one of the worse things he could have done. And getting in a fight with a student's parent probably means he'll be fired for sure. Maybe blackballed as a teacher everywhere....

It is probably no wonder that the teacher refused to press charges as the cause of the fight would have come out in the Public Record during any trial. And the texts would also become public if that happened.

• Like 1

Sounds like the teacher is a predator, grooming the daughter for abduction, dam... she could have been kidnapped and locked away in some wooded cabin by the sick teacher, Father did the right thing.

I think there were enough texts that the teacher's intent was clear and obvious to police. Also, their statement that there was no crime indicates that the texts weren't of a sexual nature.

I think the fact that the teacher went to talk to the father and refused to leave shows (twice more) that the teacher was naive as to how to properly handle a sensitive situation.

Why would a teacher be sending mass amounts of texts to a female student anyway? She's only 14 years old. I'd like to know what they say.

There could be reasons, such as she is the lead student on a committee that he heads. I'll reserve judgement on this one. I actually went to my music teachers home a couple of times when I was 15. He lived near the school and showed me and another boy his vintage Marshall amps and his many guitars. Totally innocent, not trying to touch us in our naughty places.

edit to add: It may have been that extra bit of interest and encouragement that made me the greatest guitar player in my apartment. (regardless of who comes over)

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2