Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Xbox One / PS4

DigitalDreamer

I've had my nintendo ds for quite some time and don't intend on shelling out more money anytime soon, of the two new "next gen" machines does either interest you? And if so why? Are there titles exclusive that you prefer?

Is there a way i can edit the title of this topic? The non capitalized letters are getting me to me...

I've had my nintendo ds for quite some time and don't intend on shelling out more money anytime soon, of the two new "next gen" machines does either interest you? And if so why? Are there titles exclusive that you prefer?

The PS4 is the best and slightly cheaper.

The PS4 is the best and slightly cheaper.

Looked it up and apparently they both sell for the same price now :geek: , any other reason you prefer it?

Looked it up and apparently they both sell for the same price now :geek: , any other reason you prefer it?

The PS4 is roughly 50% more powerful. For instance, almost every single game released on both platforms will play on 720p on XB1 and 1080p on PS4, also with the PS4 running a higher and steadier framerate. I haven't regretted buying my PS4 at all.

• Like 6

The PS4 contains DDR5 memory which is a lot faster than the Xboxs DDR3. It will mean PS4 games have better graphics and the cpu can do more calculations per second.

Even if they are now the same price the PS4 is the best value for your money. Xbox One would have to be about £50 cheaper than it to make it an equal choice. Of course all this depends on programmers using the PS4 to its maximum potential not just porting the same games across to the platform from the Xbox.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

If microsoft finally got around to making a handheld console i feel they would get a sizeable boost in sales,very overlooked

I used to be a console obsessed person then I switched to computer games... :su

I still have my old consoles PS2, N64, Xbox, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, PSP... I also had a Game Gear, but had to throw it out, because it pooped out on me. :cry:

Edited by NuttyKaks
  • Like 1

I am very interested in getting a ps4, once finances allow it. Until then my ps3 and PC will have to suffice. I have to say that i'm quite impressed with the ps4's performance from my limited experience with it and i'm curious to see how console/PC gaming evolves in the coming years.

I used to be a console obsessed person then I switched to computer games... :su

I still have my old consoles PS2, N64, Xbox, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, PSP... I also had a Game Gear, but had to throw it out, because it pooped out on me. :cry:

wow game gear haha flash to the past remembering the hours consumed by it! :gun:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I nearly bought a PS4 last november but I am holding off until there are more games. I would say PS4 over xbox just because I have always played ps consoles. I like the exclusives for the sony machine but either would be good. I think Kinect is a bit over hyped but if you like that kind of thing then go for xbox

I own Nintendo 3DSXL, Wii, WiiU, Sony PS3, PS4 and a PS4 DevKit

For me, i have always been a Sony fan in terms of playing games. However i now develop games and Sony and Nintendo's are more attractive to developers for a number of reasons.

Ease of publishing was the first main reason, Microsoft make this very difficult although i believe they are making steps to improve this.

The system architecture of the PS4 allows fast prototyping and is very friendly in terms of power and performance.

But back to playing games, i must say that the PS4 is lacking in tripple A titles, although the indie content is great.

Wii U has some amazing titles and i have had a lot of fun on mine with titles like Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda.

If it's one thing Nintendo do well, it's clean family friendly and fun games.

• Like 4

PS4 me. I'll have it in time for Destiny, then Driveclub a month later and hopefully Planetside 2 very soon. Bloodborne, which is a new PS exclusive from the creator of Demon's Souls/Dark Souls (my two favorite games on PS3) will be out early next year, so I'm also very excited about that.

PS4 and XB1 are the same price now, but XB1 has weaker hardware because MS wanted to include Kinect with every console and had to keep the price down somehow. Now they've made Kinect optional, but the weaker hardware remains. Performance of multi platform titles is in PS4's favor, and multi plats make up the majority of releases. PS4 was designed with heavy input from developers, and Sony policies are generally more developer friendly in general. Those things should pay off more and more as the generation goes on. I also prefer the PS controller and exclusives, but those things are subjective.

• Like 1

I own Nintendo 3DSXL, Wii, WiiU, Sony PS3, PS4 and a PS4 DevKit

For me, i have always been a Sony fan in terms of playing games. However i now develop games and Sony and Nintendo's are more attractive to developers for a number of reasons.

Ease of publishing was the first main reason, Microsoft make this very difficult although i believe they are making steps to improve this.

The system architecture of the PS4 allows fast prototyping and is very friendly in terms of power and performance.

But back to playing games, i must say that the PS4 is lacking in tripple A titles, although the indie content is great.

Wii U has some amazing titles and i have had a lot of fun on mine with titles like Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda.

If it's one thing Nintendo do well, it's clean family friendly and fun games.

I really need to pick up a PS4, the indie titles are really what interested me as I remember reading before its release that they were going to make development very user friendly so that indie developers could make their way via the ps4.

Did you announce anything else regarding your new game yet Mishkin?

Yeah I will be getting a PS4 soon the only thing I like on xboxone is killer instinct and for me its not worth getting a system for just one game. I mainly play fighters and rpg games, I am looking forward to Destiny, Bloodthorn , Batman Arkham Knight, Mortal Kombat X and The Order 1886.

Yeah I will be getting a PS4 soon the only thing I like on xboxone is killer instinct and for me its not worth getting a system for just one game. I mainly play fighters and rpg games, I am looking forward to Destiny, Bloodthorn , Batman Arkham Knight, Mortal Kombat X and The Order 1886.

All the games you mentioned aside from bloodborne and the order are for XB1 as well, In your opinion do two games determine a system sale usually?

All the games you mentioned aside from bloodborne and the order are for XB1 as well, In your opinion do two games determine a system sale usually?

No not for me just for 2 games there are more that I want to play that are ps4 only, I will look at my written down list to make a list below. Also ps4 gets destiny first and well that makes it even better for me at least.

(In some cases people buy consoles for one game)

Here are some others I want to play.

Planetside 2(just cause of friends mainly)

Let It Die

Deep Down (if it comes to the usa)

Remade grim fandango

No Man's Sky

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Edited by Mr. ET
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Uncharted 4 will be a great game I just hope it lives up to the hype. The best of the franchise so far for me was game two. The Zombie game looks good HZ1. Destiny I will buy on the PS3 while I wait for PS4 to get more titles and better support for Mp3 playback and mp4 playback.

I was going to get Destiny for PS4 until i found out it had a sucky framerate.. :td:

wow game gear haha flash to the past remembering the hours consumed by it! :gun:

Yup, used to play Mortal Kombat like crazy... Until the sound went out!

Anyways... I would love to try out PS4 sometime. If I ever get a chance to. :tu:

• Like 1

I was going to get Destiny for PS4 until i found out it had a sucky framerate.. :td:

Well it still comes out on xbox one so if you really wanted it, than so be it :santa:

• Like 1

I don't own either but if or when the time comes it be a ps4. I utterly despise microsoft and refuse to give them any of my money. I had both of the first two versions of xbox and thought they were complete junk and regretted moving from Sony in the first place.

Thought about building a desktop for gaming but I spend much time at all gaming so the cheaper and more logical route for me would be to go with a ps4.

• Like 1

Hmm Xbox one still not making sales they wished for

The advertising campaign of Microsoft says it all. The message isn't we have the best graphics and most powerful platform. Its buy an Xbox so you can be cool. Sorry Mircosoft, it doesnt matter how much you try to increase the value of your junk using dystopia I will buy the one that actually is the best instead! Just like I did last time with the PS3 and the time before that with the PS2.

The PS4 is totally outstipping the Xbox in sales.