Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Islam the religion of peace?

Alan McDougall

Two question, both for Muslims members on the forum and those of different faiths or even Atheists are welcome to comment and contribute. .

Note this is a sensitive subject so lets keep it to the topic and avoid personal rants and insults. The Muslims in my community, are nice peaceful friendly people, so there is no need to address this thread from a negative position, stick to the truth!

I personally follow no religion dogma or belong to any organised religious mostly because I am a;'non-conformant.

1) Is Islam a religion of peace?

2) Are Muslims peaceful people because of the teaching of the Koran/Qu'ran?

You views and comments please!.

Alan

• Like 2

Once upon a time maybe.

But now ... too many atrocities. Rather like Christianity really.

Muslims and Christians can be great and saintly people, but the collective?

• Like 2

2x no.

• Like 3

What is the punishment for apostasy?

• Like 5

Those I know are as peaceful and moral as any other person I have met. Those I hear about on the news headlines, don't resemble those I personally know one little bit.

There is alot of anger in the world and alot of hate. As soon as we figure out why people use their anger and hate to make their decisions for them, we can finally have peace, regardless of religion.

• Like 6

Yes, I have been reading about that too, it is very sad. It is not the same crime or punishment in all parts of the world though.

• Like 2

As a Muslim, there is a lot of misunderstandings of what peace means according to a muslim view. Of course there are some Quranic verse that viewed as hate and war against non-muslims but the fact that thoses verses are about defence strategy and they all came in the context of the attack of infidels at the time of the prophet and the consequences were a call of war against them which is portrayed lately as violence in our time.

Yeah, I am sure that my religion is a religion of peace as it is. Our dialogue always begins by "salam" which means "peace".

• Like 1

Do you have any basic knowledge of the saying of the muslim scholars ( from different madahib) about the issue of apostacy ?

History suggests that "religion of peace" is an oxymoron (regardless of which religion it is applied to).

• Like 7

No and No. I won't every trust another religion so long as I live on this planet. Religion like government, are breeding grounds for the power mad and corrupt.

• Like 3

Do you have any basic knowledge of the saying of the muslim scholars ( from different madahib) about the issue of apostacy ?

Usually when people answer a question with a question it is because they are trying to deny the truth.

.[1] The majority of Muslim scholars hold to the traditional view that apostasy is punishable by death or imprisonment until repentance, at least for adult men of sound mind.

http://en.wikipedia....ostasy_in_Islam

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 2

Usually when people answer a question with a question it is because they are trying to deny the truth.

No, not always. when I answer by question, I was sure that you don't know the subject only from two sources "media, wikipedia" and I was right. This kind of question is to have an answer that you don't know the subject, you only hear some nioses about it.

Wikipedia is not relaible source, and it only says that "the majority of scholars " without sighting that this subject is under a debate between muslims therselves. well IN Quran there is no mention of the punishment of apostacy .

• Like 3

No and no and sharia law has no place in the west.

sharia law is advancing in the west more than what you think, say No from your chair.

sharia law is advancing in the west more than what you think,

That`s one of the targets, isn`t it`?

• Like 3

Some political analysts suggest that Europe might see a massive internal war fueled by religion: Secularism vs. Islam. Bosnian war will have nothing on it.

• Like 1

As radio talk show host Michael Savage once stated, most of the major conflicts going on around the world are Muslims not being able to get along with their neighbors. Whether fighting among themselves like Sunni and Shiites, or between Arabs and Jews, or Indonesian Muslims against native tribes in Irian Jaya and against the Balinese, or between Pakistan and India and so forth and so on.

He went on to say that not all Muslims are terrorists, but that the vast majority of terrorists are Muslim.

There are honor killings, killings of people who try to leave Islam (this has been in the news recently), killing for insulting Islam or the Koran, beheadings, stonings, cutting off hands, feet, etc. as forms of punishment. That doesn't strike me as peaceful or "turning the other cheek."

Other religions certainly have had their dark periods, but most have moderated their behavior in the modern world.

• Like 3

No, it's not . This is how things are going.

It is true that many religions have had dark periods. Seems Islam is forever in it. I do not nor ever will trust Islam. It is a virus that consumes the souls and destroys from within. Fueling arrogance and pride, Justifying murder in the name of honor and faith. For why does the word of God often sound the same as the word of Man.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

As radio talk show host Michael Savage once stated, most of the major conflicts going on around the world are Muslims not being able to get along with their neighbors. Whether fighting among themselves like Sunni and Shiites, or between Arabs and Jews, or Indonesian Muslims against native tribes in Irian Jaya and against the Balinese, or between Pakistan and India and so forth and so on.

He went on to say that not all Muslims are terrorists, but that the vast majority of terrorists are Muslim.

There are honor killings, killings of people who try to leave Islam (this has been in the news recently), killing for insulting Islam or the Koran, beheadings, stonings, cutting off hands, feet, etc. as forms of punishment. That doesn't strike me as peaceful or "turning the other cheek."

Other religions certainly have had their dark periods, but most have moderated their behavior in the modern world.

Well, fist you must make a difference between culture and islam, because as I see you have just merged both of them as the same.

Honor killing is a traditional punishment and it has nothing to do with islam teachings.

the issues between islamic countries are made by the west and for the benefits of the west, they must stay like that fighting all the time.

It is true that many religions have had dark periods. Seems Islam is forever in it. I do not nor ever will trust Islam. It is a virus that consumes the souls and destroys from within. Fueling arrogance and pride, Justifying murder in the name of honor and faith. For why does the word of God often sound the same as the word of Man.

Justifying murder in the name of honor and faith has nothing to do with islam, correct your data !!! .

• Like 1

Honor killing is a traditional punishment

Maybe humanity deserves to go extinct. Perhaps we have forfeited our right to exist as an intelligent species.

Justifying murder in the name of honor and faith has nothing to do with islam, correct your data !!! .

Sorry no go on that. If I've offended you I don't care.

No, it's not . This is how things are going.

So, sharia law will be global established in future and will be the only, final and absolute law on the world, valid

for all humans and without any laws beside it?

Edited by toast