Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Anti-homeless’ spikes outside London flats

Still Waters

I do not see any problem with this, somebody paid for the property to be built. If they wish to take this measure for themselves and their tenants then so be it. What needs to be tackled is 'homelessness' rather than people who do not want the homeless sleeping on their doorstep.

They won't stop this guy though...

Tim-TV-bed-of-nails_zpsfce8c71e.jpg

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 4

They're on the streets out of choice and are grown adults who've taken that route.

So according to you, if someone loses everything either through mental stress/breakdown, or through economic misfortune, they chose for that to happen to them? Are you really that misinformed and ignorant about things?

• Like 2

So according to you, if someone loses everything either through mental stress/breakdown, or through economic misfortune, they chose for that to happen to them? Are you really that misinformed and ignorant about things?

It's their problem, not mine. I don't want them sleeping under my doorstep. Would you want them sleeping under your door?

• Like 1

It's their problem, not mine. I don't want them sleeping under my doorstep. Would you want them sleeping under your door?

Depends...i've helped out before, and as I know that hitting rock bottom can happen to anyone then I wouldn't rule out helping again (infact i'm sure I will depending on the circumstances).

You should bare in mind that the mind is an unknown quantity, whereby you can deal with anything, and then something happens and it just won't cope anymore....if that ever happens to you please remember these words of yours but reversed and made applicable to you "it's your problem, no one else's" ...so regardless of what is happening to you remember never to burden anyone else with it :tu:

• Like 2

Depends...i've helped out before, and as I know that hitting rock bottom can happen to anyone then I wouldn't rule out helping again (infact i'm sure I will depending on the circumstances).

You should bare in mind that the mind is an unknown quantity, whereby you can deal with anything, and then something happens and it just won't cope anymore....if that ever happens to you please remember these words of yours but reversed and made applicable to you "it's your problem, no one else's" ...so regardless of what is happening to you remember never to burden anyone else with it :tu:

If it happens to me I'll go and live in a cave, not the streets.

• Like 1

Sorry, didn't realise I was talking to a child, thought you were an adult, my mistake.

• Like 1

Wouldn't that depend on the cave? If it's on private property, you would be trespassing just as much as a homeless person in an apartment alcove. If it's public property, wouldn't they have laws about squatting on public lands?

I'm alright jack screw you? Its a disgusting attitude that seems to be more and more popular,have you no empathy with your fellow man?

Typical liberal wishy-washy outrage. Humbug and Hypocrisy.

You'd think differently if the "homeless" where sleeping in YOUR gardens.

Personally, not only would I plant spikes, I'd put 10,000 volts through them. :w00t:

Typical right wing garbage,killing the homeless-nice :td:

I can hear injury compensation lawyers rubbing their hands.

Some nice rose bushes would be a better idea.. Those spikes are an eyesore as well as an accident waiting to happen.

i was thinking flower pots or something similar too
  • Like 2

Typical right wing garbage,killing the homeless-nice :td:

Yup :clap:

i was thinking flower pots or something similar too

Oooooooh.... flower pots that suddenly shoot out Cutlas blades, and spin around really quickly. ... al la Boadacea's chariot. All we need then is some sort of bagging mechanism to catch the chunks, and its a trip down to Battersea Dogs and Cats home next morning to drop off 'breakfast'. RESULT. :w00t:

:tsu:

Yup :clap:

Oooooooh.... flower pots that suddenly shoot out Cutlas blades, and spin around really quickly. ... al la Boadacea's chariot. All we need then is some sort of bagging mechanism to catch the chunks, and its a trip down to Battersea Dogs and Cats home next morning to drop off 'breakfast'. RESULT. :w00t:

:tsu:

herbal tea STAT

Reality check - I don't think people are being honest here. It's not safe to invite strangers and weirdos onto your property. They're on the streets out of choice and are grown adults who've taken that route. The people owning the apartments are simply doing what most of you would do, protect your homes and families from trespassers.

so what if its a child or someone who has missing limbs?

stereotyping or what

• Like 3

do you even know what to eat when in a cave? how about the dangers? there's bugs that can do serious harm to you and the stench

• Like 1

so what if its a child or someone who has missing limbs?

stereotyping or what

Contact Social Services???

Ok, I'm ignorant... Who does pay for workhouses? Does the workhouse come up with the money itself to pay minimum wage minus keep? Is the workhouse self-sustaining that way? Or is it government funding of the house so the house provides?

I'm sure you can figure it out.

Reality check - I don't think people are being honest here. It's not safe to invite strangers and weirdos onto your property. They're on the streets out of choice and are grown adults who've taken that route. The people owning the apartments are simply doing what most of you would do, protect your homes and families from trespassers.

I think there are lies going on here too.

• Like 1

I can't stand people who think their problems should be everybody elses. They should stand up and take some personal responsibility for the state of their lives. Its the culture of entitlement creeping back in where they think everybody else owes them something.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

I can't stand people who think their problems should be everybody elses. They should stand up and take some personal responsibility for the state of their lives. Its the culture of entitlement creeping back in where they think everybody else owes them something.

its our world isn't it?

• Like 2

Contact Social Services???

that's not solving anything

that's not solving anything

It solves the emergency doesn't it?

For whatever reason, when someone ends up on the streets homeless, remember that person is/was someone's son or daughter.

You will always find some sort of abuse or trauma when you go back into the history of a homeless person, therefore....

"There go I but for the Grace of God"

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 3

I'm sure you can figure it out.

I wasn't figuring it out. That's why I freely admitted my ignorance and asked. Because I had hoped that people speaking of workhouses here in the thread could enlighten me.

For whatever reason, when someone ends up on the streets homeless, remember that person is/was someone's son or daughter.

You will always find some sort of abuse or trauma when you go back into the history of a homeless person, therefore....

"There go I but for the Grace of God"

so, i you had a business you would welcome a homeless person sleeping on cardboard in your entry way?

i think we all agree with what you're saying, but allowing them to squat wherever is not a solution either. i think the spikes are horrid but i do agree a deterrent such as flower pots or other architectural detail is appropriate

• Like 1

so, i you had a business you would welcome a homeless person sleeping on cardboard in your entry way?

i think we all agree with what you're saying, but allowing them to squat wherever is not a solution either. i think the spikes are horrid but i do agree a deterrent such as flower pots or other architectural detail is appropriate

I would open my door and welcome them in..... my family has done it before and will do it again.