Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most powerful force in the world

Jilliman

What drives us... Its different for everyone. I have dreams and to make them come true i try hard and will always keep trying, no matter if i 'win' or 'loose' - the fight is important and for me, those would be my dreams - they give me power.

But no matter how hard i try, no matter how powerful i am ( or think i am ) there is simply nothing in this world that could be compared with strength of mothers, as some of you have said already. It would take long time and many posts for me to give examples of mothers strength, so i will just say respect to all dear mom's out there and thank you.

''

Cause when I was low you was there for me

And never left me alone because you cared for me

And I could see you comin home after work late

You're in the kitchen tryin to fix us a hot plate

Ya just workin with the scraps you was given

And mama made miracles every Thanksgivin

But now the road got rough, you're alone

You're tryin to raise two bad kids on your own

And there's no way I can pay you back

But my plan is to show you that I understand

You are appreciated''

Its hard not to show emotions when listen to this song... :blush:

And what drives mom's... It cant be just love its much more then that. And the force that is giving strength to mom's - that is most powerful force in the world. And love, pff, love is simple hate is more powerful then love.

bundled emotional and thought chains formed via conditioning through environment...

fear and love are interpretations of that process as we operate under the illusion of choice...

bundled emotional and thought chains formed via conditioning through environment...

fear and love are interpretations of that process as we operate under the illusion of choice...

I think i get the "conditioning" part, as far as people go, but i see animals show love , and i'm not sure they "interpret" it , or understand it as a choice?

Edited by lightly

Balance. Harmony. Equilibrium.

For love there is hate. For light there is dark. Chaos and order. Newton's 3rd law speaks of equal and opposite force. Entropy, in the second law of thermodynamics. Even gravity can be a force of equilibrium. A continual effort to achieve balance is going on around us all the time, everywhere.

The electromagnetic force is probably the strongest, but if you get enough stuff together and compact gravity can be pretty darn impressive. :D

I don't care how much love and faith you have, a black hole will shred you to x rays.

Geologically speaking, it's probably continental drift. It raises mountains, fuels Vulcanism, and eventually destroys anything. A close second woukd be erosion.

Biologically speaking it would have to be reproduction. Practically everything we do relates back to this. Don't mess with mama bear.

I like Omerta's "strong force" answer, and StarMountain Kid's "EGO" answer. I've come to pretty much the same conclusion as yourself Jilliman, if we are talking about PEOPLE , i think we do most everything, above basic instinctive actions, out of love or fear. I see Love as a form of Faith, whether given or received, and i think Ego operates mostly out of Fear. I've said this before ... I think hate is fear turned outward.

which is stronger.. Love or Fear? I want to believe, and do believe, it's love, but sometimes i fear it isn't .

Gerald Jampolsky believes the same thing, people act either out of love or fear; if what we experience from someone isn't love, then it's fear.

Love is the total absence of fear. Love asks no questions. Its natural state is one of extension and expansion, not comparison and measurement. Gerald Jampolsky He wrote a really good book, Love is Letting Go of Fear.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

Everyone has different driving forces although we all share some common ones, mainly survival although some don't care about their own survival.

Once you control the driving force in people's lives - you control their world.

Money of course really is the driving force because it is necessary to your survival, especially in this age of home comforts.

More so, perhaps the greatest driving factor of all, is to not suffer. Like I mentioned, those with power tap into what drives people: Governments control money and law, the penalty for living astray from either is starvation and death and for the latter, imprisonment and becoming nothing more than a statistic and no animals likes to be caged.

The religious orders of the centuries I think can so the governments one better though - they have the power to use fear. Many will say love is a inciting factor into conforming to religious dogma and order, but there's no denying how effective the fear of hell and punishment is to the masses. If someone refuses to join a church, the lay will more than likely say 'You'll burn if you do not heed my warnings.' rather than 'You'll not feel the warm fuzzy feeling of god's love.'

It all comes down to fear and pain and overall, survival. Forgive me if there are spelling mistakes or i'm inchoherant - I'm drunk.

• 2 months later...

Gerald Jampolsky believes the same thing, people act either out of love or fear; if what we experience from someone isn't love, then it's fear.

Love is the total absence of fear. Love asks no questions. Its natural state is one of extension and expansion, not comparison and measurement. Gerald Jampolsky He wrote a really good book, Love is Letting Go of Fear.

the church is not god besides if you really honestly believed it wouldn't be unreasonable to say it

i disagree with you love and fear aren't the strongest forces hate and evil are

all robbers killers even Hitler and Stalin none of then was really evil they were just following their own goods their own light as twisted as it may be but i cant remember one single human being who has honestly wished the suffering of other without a reason

peoples can indelibly take their lives out of rage ignore pain as if it was nothing remember things no matter how many years passes and endure humiliation and suffering this is why i believed hate is stronger its just rare since peoples will always choose light instead of the hate

how many peoples commit atrocious torture acts because of love? not many, hate can make you hurt everything even yourself

Desire is the strongest force in the world, it enscapulates the need to be wanted, it motivates the will to live....

The imagination > application > assessment > imagination + memory > application > assessment > imagination + memory > application > assessment ... etc cycle