Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man finds spider in bottle of white wine

Still Waters

A businessman was horrified when he found a huge venomous spider in a bottle of Tesco finest white wine.

Peter Berry, 66, said the two-inch long arachnid was spotted floating in the wine as a guest picked up the bottle from an ice bucket during a party.

http://www.dailymail...white-wine.html

• Like 2

Swallowing venom isn't harmful unless you have a cut in your mouth.

• Like 2

Not having it! He picked up the bottle in the store, carried it around, placed it on the checkout to pay, picked it up, took it home, put it in an ice bucket and not once did he notice a spider in it until his niece spotted it? someone is pulling a leg!

• Like 3

I think that market needs a total overhaul! How these people not notice? I might as well check my parents wine bottles for now on!

I'm sure it only improved the taste. "Mmm...vanilla... pear...and...and...Araneus! Brilliant!"

I love the sensationalist use of "venomous :w00t: :w00t: spider" It's like saying the dog had teeth...

Allergenic proteins could be an issue if you consummed this spider and you were allergic but how rare is that?

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

I don't like spiders and snakes but this is a little hard to swallow......

• Like 2

Drunk wobbly gurgling spider!!!!! The spider only wanted to join in on the party.

The cheeky little bugger ended up getting the wine first and eating all the cake as well!

Halloween-spider-cake.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I once saw a woman returning an unopened bottle of wine at Fred Meyer- it had a house fly floating in it.