Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prehistoric punch-ups shaped how humans look

Still Waters

I still am not convinced. I really don't see the logic behind evolution.. honestly.. I read that article and it just didn't make sense to me.

Think non-organic evoluition of cars, shoes, clothing, social systems. They start basic and become more advanced as they progress through time.

The same happens with living things. Only slower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ford_Motor_Company

• Like 1

I still am not convinced. I really don't see the logic behind evolution.. honestly.. I read that article and it just didn't make sense to me.

It's easy. You want smart kids then have sex with a smart man. If you want ugly kids, then have sex with an ugly man.

That's a gross oversimplification, of course, and so not entirely true - but I hope it'll help with the making-of-sense.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

Evolution itself, or the OP's claim?

It's easy. You want smart kids then have sex with a smart man. If you want ugly kids, then have sex with an ugly man.

That's a gross oversimplification, of course, and so not entirely true - but I hope it'll help with the making-of-sense.

Even more disturbing, I remember in a sociology class I took in college, we talked about how 10%-15% of women admitted to adultery with stronger, "manlier" men than their husbands to the point of pregnancy, at which point they went back to being loyal and raising the child with the guy who wasn't as manly, but was financially stable. The teacher also mentioned that as many as 30% of men in the US were unwittingly raising children that were not their own, but I don't recall being given a source for that.

There does seem to be some concurrence with Kinsey, though. There does seem to be an urge in more aggressive cultures to breed strength, even while socially valuing intelligence more.

• Like 1

stupid only because in contemporary society there is the believe that men hit eachother they think it is evolutionary..... and secondly didnt women look the same.

my science teacher didn't believe in evolution.. she just could never see the logic in it.. and spent the whole time giving us facts on why there isn't such thing.. like one of them was if there was such thing as evolution we could use apes and monkeys hearts as a transplant.. but the pigs heart is actually closer to a humans..

At uni level they do teach people to criticise and question all theories. I didn't do my degree in biology but I bet on the topic of Darwins evolution there's arguments for and against it. At high school you just get taught everything as if it were fact.

95% of society still believe themselves to be nothing more than machines, that atoms are like minature solar systems and that they behave like the balls on a pool table. You have to know when to switch off because those who know very little (no Uni degree in the subject) don't know what they're going on about although they think that they do!

Edited by RabidMongoose

Even more disturbing, I remember in a sociology class I took in college, we talked about how 10%-15% of women admitted to adultery with stronger, "manlier" men than their husbands to the point of pregnancy, at which point they went back to being loyal and raising the child with the guy who wasn't as manly, but was financially stable. The teacher also mentioned that as many as 30% of men in the US were unwittingly raising children that were not their own, but I don't recall being given a source for that.

There does seem to be some concurrence with Kinsey, though. There does seem to be an urge in more aggressive cultures to breed strength, even while socially valuing intelligence more.

Women like men that think like woman (they get along, are loyal, are more feeling orientated). However when it comes to breeding they want a real man! lol

Maybe this will help, (and if you click the links there are further simple examples)

quote:

The yellow bellied three-toed skink (Saiphos equalis) is a lizard of New South Wales, in Australia, that appears to be undergoing the change from laying eggs to live birth. Since these skinks can either lay eggs or give birth, it gives scientists the chance to study the adaptations necessary for live birth.

Skink embryos encased in an egg have an extra source of calcium that the live born skinks lack. It turns out that this nutritional difference is made up by the mother secreting extra calcium for the young held inside her. This looks like the first step on the road to developing a system like the mammalian placenta.

Skinks living on the coast tend to lay eggs, probably because the warm weather is predictable and sufficient for embryonic development. Those skinks living in the cooler mountains tend to give birth to live young, the mother’s body providing a more stable temperature. It is to be predicted that these two populations will at some point separate into different species as each population becomes fixed in its reproductive strategy.

http://listverse.com...tion-in-action/

and

Lizards lose limbs

Australian lizards called skinks are dropping their limbs to become more like snakes. And, according to a genetic family tree, some skinks have gone snaky in just 3.6 million years, relatively fast in evolutionary time. Scientists said the skinks' lifestyle appears to be driving the change: They spend most of their time swimming through sand or soil. Limbs are not only unnecessary for this, they may be a hindrance. Once a skink goes snaky, they never go back, the researchers add. One of the snakelike skinks is shown here.

http://www.nbcnews.c...n/#.U6qvzUDYFz8

And dont overlook the obvious, Dolphins and Whales ancestors once walked on land, on all fours

Edited by seeder