Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragon slayer advertises his services

Still Waters

Vincent Whittaker offers his services as an 'experienced' dragon slayer, willing to deal with any creature, small or large.

Former call centre worker Vincent, of Clermont Terrace in Preston Park, advertises his services on the website Gumtree.

He said he is hopeful the dragon slaying may turn into a full time career opportunity after receiving dozens of responses since the advert went online.

http://www.theargus....s_his_services/

• Like 2

I love the bit about his developing this after losing his job at a call center. The article's a hoot, and he sounds like a lot of fun!

Being annoyed by this means I'm a big no fun, doesn't it? :P

I was about to comment that he shouldn't quit his day job but he apparently lost it.

He should apply for a position in creative marketing.

• Like 1

10 years later and a grey withered man is still staring at a phone covered in cobwebs.

where was he when Smaug destroyed the city of Dale and Laketown?

Well, I had a google using the Dragon's Slayer name that was in the OP's linked article. https://twitter.com/Vince_Whittaker which lead me to here: https://therebedragonshere.squarespace.com/blog/2014/6/7/i-see-dragons-walking-around-like-regular-people

The second link is a page of the responses the Dragon Slayer has already received.

I adore the British sense of humour! Haha! Now, if I was this guy, I wouldn't hire myself out to slay dragons... I'd hire myself out to slay driverless cars!

• Like 1

The-Dragon-King-Komodo-Dragon-631.jpg__800x600_q85_crop.jpg

Please note, Brighton pier is on the left, (out of the picture) along with the fish and chip shop and amusement arcade. This is one dragon Vincent has not slayed.

• Like 1

It is also known that he frequently attacks windmills. :innocent:

• Like 2

Strange, it's not Aprils Fools day. So what's with the article.

• Like 1

Maybe he's had too much Puff ..the magic dragon,

• Like 2

Maybe he lost his job because he was playing Skyrim too much :D

• Like 2

He seems to have a lot of imagination but as to go full-time, I hope for him he manage to make some money out of it. :)

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Maybe he can slay dragons, but will he be able to handle the RSPCA?

• Like 4

Ya'll are so funny;) Love the witful comments!

I am considering emailing this Dragon Slayer to try to find out if he is 'for real' or he just thinks that he is 'for real' or if he believes that his sense of reality is far superior than ours.

I wonder what he will do when someone hires him to come over and 'slay a dragon' and there is no dragon? What is the Dragon Slayer gonna do? Sue the client for making false claims, wasting time?

Also, if you look up the phrase: 'slaying the dragon' in urban dictionary you'll notice that perhaps that meaning of the phrase is probably more accurate in regards to the current Dragon Slayer in question. You will have to click the link in order to see what it says, as I think it's a bit too crude to paste the definition on this thread. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Slaying+the+Dragon

Maybe this is all a publicity stunt? That's possible too.

Who knows?! But this guy put his crazy self out there and so the public should make use of it! haha;)

:clap:

• Like 2

I am considering emailing this Dragon Slayer to try to find out if he is 'for real' or he just thinks that he is 'for real' or if he believes that his sense of reality is far superior than ours.

I wonder what he will do when someone hires him to come over and 'slay a dragon' and there is no dragon? What is the Dragon Slayer gonna do? Sue the client for making false claims, wasting time?

Also, if you look up the phrase: 'slaying the dragon' in urban dictionary you'll notice that perhaps that meaning of the phrase is probably more accurate in regards to the current Dragon Slayer in question. You will have to click the link in order to see what it says, as I think it's a bit too crude to paste the definition on this thread. http://www.urbandict...ying the Dragon

Who knows?! But this guy put his crazy self out there and so the public should make use of it! haha;)

Email him...I am sending you a dragon, let us know how he deals with it.

full_77_9294_YokiTheFatDragonPatternPDF_1.jpg

• Like 2

I love the bit about his developing this after losing his job at a call center. The article's a hoot, and he sounds like a lot of fun!

Thanks Kenemet as it happens I am!
  • Like 1

Well, I had a google using the Dragon's Slayer name that was in the OP's linked article. https://twitter.com/Vince_Whittaker which lead me to here: https://therebedrago...-regular-people

The second link is a page of the responses the Dragon Slayer has already received.

I adore the British sense of humour! Haha! Now, if I was this guy, I wouldn't hire myself out to slay dragons... I'd hire myself out to slay driverless cars!

I haven't seen any driverless cars here in the UK yet but if I see some then I'll have you to thank for my new vocation.

where was he when Smaug destroyed the city of Dale and Laketown?

Slept in that day... Sorry!
  • Like 1

Maybe he can slay dragons, but will he be able to handle the RSPCA?

Of course, they're a bunch of pansies!

Also, if you look up the phrase: 'slaying the dragon' in urban dictionary you'll notice that perhaps that meaning of the phrase is probably more accurate in regards to the current Dragon Slayer in question. You will have to click the link in order to see what it says, as I think it's a bit too crude to paste the definition on this thread. http://www.urbandict...ying the Dragon

Please do feel free to use my services but given your posting times I suspect you'd have to pay for my travel overseas first :)

Welcome DragonSlayerBTN.

Thought I would befriend you now, I see big things in your future, after all slaying Dragons is what made St George famous. ;)

Welcome DragonSlayerBTN.

Thought I would befriend you now, I see big things in your future, after all slaying Dragons is what made St George famous. ;)

Pleasure to meet you Edited by DragonSlayerBTN
  • Like 1