Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man covered in bees breaks world record

Still Waters

China has taken another step towards global dominance by covering a man in 326,000 bees.

Gao Bingguo, a 54-year-old beekeeper from Shandong Province, has been raising bees for more than 34 years, so there was probably no better target for 33 kilograms of the insect.

http://metro.co.uk/2...-a-man-4756288/

lisasrival14.png

“Sure is quiet in here today.” – Bee Robin

“Yes, a little too quiet, if you know what I mean.” – Bee Batman

“I’m afraid I don’t.” – Bee Robin

“You see, bees usually make a lot of noise. No noise suggests no bees.” – Bee Batman

“Oh, I understand now. Oh, look, there goes one.” – Bee Robin

“Too the Bee Mobile!” – Bee Batman

“You mean your Chevy?” – Bee Robin

“... Yes.” – Bee Batman

326,000. Do the bees count off or something?

I was wondering how they estimate the number of Bees, also would they take away the ones on the floor?

• Like 1

Like most cynical occidentals I am only impressed by 327,000 bees or more swarming on one living human being.

I can see 326,000 bees covering somebody any day or the week around here.

Surely he now has two world records, the second being the new holder of the most pointless world record in the world?

• Like 1

Though not stated, I'd think these were probably honey bees. They are the most peaceful of the the bees that I know of. I'd like to see him try that with the "Yellow Jacket" variety of bees. These aggressive SOBs not only sting you for the pleasure of it, but attack in swarms and keep stinging you. I unfortunately had a first-hand encounter with them in my back yard many years ago. They were nesting in the area my dog liked to "use". The Yellow Jackets moved in the area overnight. My dog and I disturbed them. Not only did they get us there, but they chased us into the house. One even crawled up my pants to my crotch. Another decided it liked my hair (which we didn't find out until hours later. I haad to take te dog to the vet for a bee sting shot. I didn't get one, but probably should have as I suffered for hours with a histamine reaction from their venom.

Talk about glutton for punishment. Over 2000 stings, I'd be dead.

Edited by ancient astronaut

why the hell would you want to do it? There are some records that should be left untouched and this ranks highly amongst them..... I have to be really cynical i'm afraid and say I am not impressed and I think the guy is an idiot :td:

Edited by Silent Trinity