Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Merkel still backs Juncker...

keithisco

Germany, a nation that seems to run the EU these days, has re-confirmed the Federalist Jean-Claude Juncker to take over as president of the European Commission, at a mini-summit in Sweden.

So there you have it, democracy has been dictated by Germany. David Cameron might as well give up any hope of renegotiation of UK terms and conditions within the EU. How did it ever get to this state (considering the 70 year anniversary of the D-Day landings) when the nations dominated by the Nazi's during world war II now roll - over and just hand over control to a single nation? I applaud Sweden and the Netherlands opposition to this appointment, but it is not enough to prevent it happening. The basis of the appointment is that the EPP is a Trans-National Party - nothing of the sort, it is composed of 54 different European parties all campaigning on their own agendas (NOT EPP agendas) - but to get power they have all agreed to join a coalition of idiots similar minded groups to get extra money from the EU to promote their own policies in their own home countries.

READ MORE (courtesy BBC): http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27776259

This should inform the 66% of voters that DID NOT vote for any EPP Party just what democracy now means in the EU!!

• Like 1

well its no surprise, the EU was set up in preference of Germany and France. France see's the EU as a way keep and project influence in the continent of Europe. look when Charles De Gaulle blocked us - Great Briton from joining, not once but twice, both times vetoing our membership he didn't want British influence in Europe. he seen us as a rival to France and ever since then the EU has always been set in favour of France and Germany and it continues to this very day.

We have to be under no illusion as to our place in the EU, our standing in the world hasn't increased a recent report stated we have not benefited from being inside the EU when it comes to trade or world influence the only thing the political elite have done is sign away numerous democratic powers in all areas of government to the EU in a bid to remain inside, in a vain attempt to hold on to influence as a regional power. the weak political leaders of the UK over the decades have been paralysed by the fear that being outside the EU will allow France and Germany to dominate Europe and they'd be right. its the ongoing struggle - the balance of the great powers. Germany, France and the United Kingdom.

look at recent events in the euro zone. look at the role Germany has played - they are the Financial powerhouse of the EU, the Euro is just the Deutsch mark in all but name. interest rates are set in favour of the German economy, to the detriment of others especially the poorer southern Mediterranean members. if you want power and influence as a regional power - then what better way than to control the monetary policy and currency of your neighbours. Germany has achieved a master stroke.

people go on about the UK being the USA's poodle. well, look at the French relationship with Germany - France not only plays second fiddle it dances to the German tune. the fear in French foreign policy is of that memory of the second world war. the French see the EU has a mechanism in which it can march in step with Germany, and in doing so keeping them on the same path come-what may. with the thinking wherever Germany ends up they'll be right beside them step by step. the EU is seen as the tool for the job.

and yet people will still think the EU is set up in favour of the people of Europe, its not, its all about the great powers, we don't want to go to war against one another, no longer wanting to be rivals, so what better way than to all be members of a club in which we have a common goal, yet behind this façade still exists the rivalries of old. - the rivalries of keeping each other in check. this is the reason why British governments will always side with remaining EU members. because if we leave the checks and measures - the balance of power will shift, you'll have the EU on one side dominated by Germany and France two of the great regional powers and then us the other great regional power. ask the question why is it always the UK that wants reform in the EU. the answer is to keep the balance in check.

Germany wants her man Juncker and she will get him.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 5

You are right stevewinn!

I'd like to add that the Euro and low interst rates are not in favour of hard working people. I personally have lost at least 50% of my assets which were laid back in reserve for bad times and provisions for old age.

The British people did a great job in the past years disturbing those Eurocrats, but you would do them a big favour if you leave the club.

• Like 1

Back here in Little Denmark the big story is that our prime minister Helle Thorning Schmidt is a likely compromise candidate, and that she has David Camerons backing.

That the two know each other can be seen in this photo:

(she is the one in the middle :tu: )

Personnalites_a_la_1015214m.jpg

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

I personally have lost at least 50% of my assets

How/why that?

So there you have it, democracy has been dictated by Germany. David Cameron might as well give up any hope of renegotiation

of UK terms and conditions within the EU. How did it ever get to this state (considering the 70 year anniversary of the D-Day

landings) when the nations dominated by the Nazi's during world war II now roll - over and just hand over control to a single nation? I

Placing the nazi German card on Germany today in a discussion about current politics in the 21st century is of opportunist behavior,

stupid and indicator for the lack of knowledge on european history after 1945.

Back here in Little Denmark the big story is that our prime minister Helle Thorning Schmidt is a likely compromise candidate, and that she has David Camerons backing.

That the two know each other can be seen in this photo:

(she is the one in the middle :tu: )

Personnalites_a_la_1015214m.jpg

Denmark one of favourite countries, As for David Cameron backing prime minister Helle Thorning - is that seen as a good or bad thing in Denmark? in that photo, is that the now famous 'selfie' at mandela's funeral. I also see in that picture the pop singer will-i-am.

Denmark one of favourite countries, As for David Cameron backing prime minister Helle Thorning - is that seen as a good or bad thing in Denmark? in that photo, is that the now famous 'selfie' at mandela's funeral. I also see in that picture the pop singer will-i-am.

Thank you for saying so and I can honestly add that Britain is one of my favourite countries too. In addition to that I am a big fan of Liverpool FC. (Daniel Agger is one of my favourite football players :tu: )

Having the backing of the British prime minister is seen as a good thing, since we have long had a good relationship with both the UK and Germany, so she might be an acceptable compromise candidate. The fact that she is fluent in English and French and a former member of the European Parliament probably helps too. She is not a particularly popular prime minister, so for her it might be a way out, so she doesn't have to lose the next election.

Yes it is the Mandel selfie and I used it as that is probably what she is most well known for, outside Denmark. She is married into a pretty famous British political family though. Her husband is Steven Kinnock, son of Neil Kinnock.

• Like 1

Thank you for saying so and I can honestly add that Britain is one of my favourite countries too. In addition to that I am a big fan of Liverpool FC. (Daniel Agger is one of my favourite football players :tu: )

Having the backing of the British prime minister is seen as a good thing, since we have long had a good relationship with both the UK and Germany, so she might be an acceptable compromise candidate. The fact that she is fluent in English and French and a former member of the European Parliament probably helps too. She is not a particularly popular prime minister, so for her it might be a way out, so she doesn't have to lose the next election.

Yes it is the Mandel selfie and I used it as that is probably what she is most well known for, outside Denmark. She is married into a pretty famous British political family though. Her husband is Steven Kinnock, son of Neil Kinnock.

Having a compromise candidate will just make Front national, Peppe Grillo, AfD and the rest of the right wingers stronger. The people were promised (in most European countries) that the candidate who got most votes would be nominated for Prezz of the commission, the people went and voted and Juncker got most votes. Rowing back will just show that they did not mean that the people are the sovereign.

And, it does not matter who they nominate, if the European Parliament seez no it is no, the Social Democrats, the Christian Democrats and the Greens have already announced that they will vote for nobody else... and they happen to be a majority way past 50%.

How/why that?

1 € = 1,95583 DM

Well, almost 50% and as you surely know the prizes were equalized in no time. Open your eyes man!

This speaks for itself. I call it theft.

And without interest rates savings are not profitable.

This is what they want. Work hard, save nothing and spend the money immediately.

People stay always dependent.

This is a serious attack on individual freedom.

The opening statement is false in every way. Junker is the candidate nominated by the majority of the Parliament and as such is a democratic decision. For Merkel to submit to Cameron would be the most undemocratic position it could take since it would subvert the democratic will of the European electorate. It is Britain who is attempting to impose its minority will on the majority.

That is exactly how democracy is supposed to work, isn't it ?? Are the people here advocating less democracy ???

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

1 € = 1,95583 DM

Well, almost 50% and as you surely know the prizes were equalized in no time.

This is incorrect. As per your logic there was just the currency changed and the values not.

Or did your, e.g. apartment rent changed from 900DM to 900EUR 01.01.2002? No.

Edited by toast

The opening statement is false in every way. Junker is the candidate nominated by the majority of the Parliament and as such is a democratic decision. For Merkel to submit to Cameron would be the most undemocratic position it could take since it would subvert the democratic will of the European electorate. It is Britain who is attempting to impose its minority will on the majority.

That is exactly how democracy is supposed to work, isn't it ?? Are the people here advocating less democracy ???

Br Cornelius

you have got to be joking, the EU and democracy don't go together, by default if you support the EU you are advocating less democracy. as you will find in Ireland in the coming decade. As the EU continues to march towards a Federation. i'll enjoy watching the process from the sidelines, i just hope both the forum and ourselves are still here 10 years from now. so we can discuss the pro's and con's of a EU federation, and what life is like both in the UK outside the EU, and Ireland in the EU - but i predict when it all goes wrong in Ireland and EU wide you'll pack your bags and return home to old blighty. personally i'd block your return. forcing you to face the music.

• Like 1

you have got to be joking, the EU and democracy don't go together, by default if you support the EU you are advocating less democracy. as you will find in Ireland in the coming decade. As the EU continues to march towards a Federation. i'll enjoy watching the process from the sidelines, i just hope both the forum and ourselves are still here 10 years from now. so we can discuss the pro's and con's of a EU federation, and what life is like both in the UK outside the EU, and Ireland in the EU - but i predict when it all goes wrong in Ireland and EU wide you'll pack your bags and return home to old blighty. personally i'd block your return. forcing you to face the music.

Thanks for completely avoiding addressing the point of my comment. Nice effort.

The fact that you are a smaller part of a bigger democracy doesn't make it any less democratic, otherwise Scotland could legitimately argue that it was part of a English dictatorship - which it clearly isn't.

If the EU goes wrong it won't matter one tiny bit if you live in the UK or Eire since the pain for Britain will be equal. Your full of it on this one.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Thanks for completely avoiding addressing the point of my comment. Nice effort.

Br Cornelius

sorry. Its not democracy at all. Juncker is not even a MEP, and was not elected by anyone, who voted for him in the European elections? no one is the answer, and is going to be the unelected EU head of the commission, all unelected and you have the cheek to talk about less democracy. just look at the process, the Lisbon treaty gave the EU more powers. - Its plain and simple Juncker has the backing of the German Chancellor - they are prepared to carry on. make no mistake about it Juncker is hand picked for his stance and ambition on the creation of a Federal Europe. you only have to listen to his speeches. The people of europe spoke and the EU haven't listened, but they never listen, nothing will stand in their way of a federal europe and more fool you.

Just look at this official video from EU about the commission explaining functions and tasks. notice the theme throughout the video how everything is all thanks to the EU - it reminds me of the old soviet propaganda films.

european debt crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8xAXJx9WJ8

Edited by stevewinn

So Juncker isn't the choice of the elected European Parliament ?

Br Cornelius

tell me who voted for Juncker, were did his name appear on the ballot paper. i never seen it, you never seen it, because it simply wasnt on the ballot paper. yet again another unelected apparatchik. who'll join the other unelected commissioners. not voted for by the people and cannot be removed by the people, and you think that's democracy and then try and prove your point by saying because the largest group in the EU back him, its worth reminding ourselves the EPP IS NOT the majority of MEP's, you think because the EPP back him that makes the system democratic because they MEP's are democratically elected by the people that by default makes juncker democratically elected, and your happy to accept that. please dont say yes,

The EPP who have backed juncker - no surprise seeing how he was the EPP party leader, the EPP is made up of a number of parties giving them a majority to force through their agenda a federalist agenda - Its funny how one of those parties who make up the EPP is the Christian Democratic Union party of German Leader Angela Merkel :w00t:

look at the history of the EPP keeping in mind their agenda, and you still think it's democratic that anyone whos anyone in the EU/ institutions / Commission are all EPP members. right throughout the EU the EPP dominate the political land scape. all leaders of the EU and all those on the Commission are all EPP members.

The EPP is only backed by 12 out of 28 EU member governments. the System use to be - the Elected leaders of the member nations would choose the candidate, but the EU foreseen problems on the horizon with National governments moving away from backing the EPP, So the EU dominated bulldozed a change away from national Government's proposing a candidate and decided to change the rules to allow MEP's to choose the candidate which secures the continuation, that EPP members will continue to be elected as the driving force of the EU. and you call that democracy. its no wonder David Cameron, along with the Swedish and Dutch leaders have called it a back room deal.

David Cameron stated "each of the main political groups ran "lead candidates" - so-called Spitzenkandidaten - during the elections and did "a back-room deal to join forces after the elections in support of the lead candidate of the party that won the most seats". Cameron said, its not a process discussed by European institutions nor ratified by national parliaments.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

Whilst ever the EPP hold the majority in the Parliament then they can elect whoever they choose - and again that is how democracy works.

When Farage and his band of merry men hold the majority they can elect him to be the President and I feel certain you wouldn't object to that democratic decision.

You still fail to grasp that yours is a minority position within the EU and that is why Euroskeptics cannot choose the President.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Whilst ever the EPP hold the majority in the Parliament then they can elect whoever they choose - and again that is how democracy works.

When Farage and his band of merry men hold the majority they can elect him to be the President and I feel certain you wouldn't object to that democratic decision.

You still fail to grasp that yours is a minority position within the EU and that is why Euroskeptics cannot choose the President.

Br Cornelius

i would object to farage or anyone whose elected in the same manner, your either for democracy or against. and the whole process like i've posted above in my previous post is not democracy. and the appointment of juncker will only lead to the UK leaving the EU, i should be backing him.

i'd like to know, do you support the idea of a federalist Europe with the EU deciding your tax and spending?

• Like 1

i would object to farage or anyone whose elected in the same manner, your either for democracy or against. and the whole process like i've posted above in my previous post is not democracy. and the appointment of juncker will only lead to the UK leaving the EU, i should be backing him.

i'd like to know, do you support the idea of a federalist Europe with the EU deciding your tax and spending?

I support a federal Europe, but it doesn't follow that I support your other statement on taxes.

Br Cornelius

I support a federal Europe, but it doesn't follow that I support your other statement on taxes.

Br Cornelius

okay, well if you support a federal Europe, that's exactly what you'll end up with including the spending and taxation being decided by the EU. you mightn't support that part of the Federation but that's the price you'll pay for being a Federation. But you must realise the people of the UK will never be part of a European Federation. there is no way in hell i'd be part of such.

okay, well if you support a federal Europe, that's exactly what you'll end up with including the spending and taxation being decided by the EU. you mightn't support that part of the Federation but that's the price you'll pay for being a Federation. But you must realise the people of the UK will never be part of a European Federation. there is no way in hell i'd be part of such.

The people of the UK will enter a Federal Europe when they feel the pain of not been a member. Self interest will ultimately drive them to become full and willing members. As I keep reminding you - you are not that typical of most British people. However their has been a concerted media campaign within the UK to demonize the EU and it has produced short term results as people try to find a scapegoat to blame for the economic mess the British Government has placed them in. Outside of the EU there would be no more scapegoats and the buck would stop with the robber bankers and the stock market spivs who have run the country down and divided it as a nation. Personally I don't want to see the nation fall to that particular set of criminals - of which Mr Farage is a classic example.

Br Cornelius

The people of the UK will enter a Federal Europe when they feel the pain of not been a member. Self interest will ultimately drive them to become full and willing members. As I keep reminding you - you are not that typical of most British people. However their has been a concerted media campaign within the UK to demonize the EU and it has produced short term results as people try to find a scapegoat to blame for the economic mess the British Government has placed them in. Outside of the EU there would be no more scapegoats and the buck would stop with the robber bankers and the stock market spivs who have run the country down and divided it as a nation. Personally I don't want to see the nation fall to that particular set of criminals - of which Mr Farage is a classic example.

Br Cornelius

I'm certain the people of the United Kingdom will leave, We dodged the bullet when we decided not to join the Euro. and we have seen the problems that has caused in the Euro zone, causing misery for millions and if recent European results dont alert you to the path europe is going down, then more fool you, you simply wilfully ignore it and carry on as normal. Believe me the EU is not out of the wood yet.

I'm certain the people of the United Kingdom will leave, We dodged the bullet when we decided not to join the Euro. and we have seen the problems that has caused in the Euro zone, causing misery for millions and if recent European results dont alert you to the path europe is going down, then more fool you, you simply wilfully ignore it and carry on as normal. Believe me the EU is not out of the wood yet.

You presume that the global recession would not have had similar or worse results for millions of Europeans sans the EU. That is a highly dubious presumption and one which is almost certainly grossly false. It is highly probable that many of the southern European countries would have slid back into dictatorship in the face of total economic collapse and the inability to draw down any credit from anyone. The problems of the Southern European countries are structural to themselves and only partly due to the Eurozone, and this is obvious when you look at their history of currency collapses and military takeovers. The EU has been a stabilizing influence.

The economic crisis was not created by the EU.

Br Cornelius