Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Merkel still backs Juncker...

keithisco

Hmmmmmm. And they'll presumably devise a completely new system of economics to pay for all that, since they surely couldn't possibly be able to pay for it all under any existing form of economics. Still, at least they seem to have the unemployment question sorted. Triple UK Border Agency staff to 30,000! Fantastic! Will they all be on the Front Line, guarding Fortress Britain? I hope they'll provide them all with a sufficiently imposing uniform.

Hmmmmmm. And they'll presumably devise a completely new system of economics to pay for all that, since they surely couldn't possibly be able to pay for it all under any existing form of economics. Still, at least they seem to have the unemployment question sorted. Triple UK Border Agency staff to 30,000! Fantastic! Will they all be on the Front Line, guarding Fortress Britain? I hope they'll provide them all with a sufficiently imposing uniform.

Perhaps you missed the bit about leaving the EU & not handing over £120 billion a year to subsidize the french farming industry

And what are the other parties manifestos?

• Like 1

Nigel showing he doesn't know aht his party stands for again;

Andrew Neil:
You have promised these tax cuts, how much will they cost?

Nigel Farage
: No idea. I’m not here to talk about, I’ve read the local election manifesto and it doesn’t make those promises.

AN
: It does

NF
: We do talk about local services, we do talk about the need to keep council tax down but we don’t talk about income tax. Absolutely not.

AN
: In local election campaigning you say you would restore cuts to policing, double prison places, restore cuts to front line NHS, spend more on roads, how much would that cost?

NF
: You are obviously reading different documents to me.

AN
: It’s your website not mine.

Read the whole nutty truth here:

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/themes/5308a93901925b5b09000002/attachments/original/1397750311/localmanifesto2014.pdf?1397750311

So bad they are going to scrap it and start from scratch.

Br Cornelius

Have you not been watching the news lately. You know, the bit about the backlog with issuing passports, or twelve months or so ago the border agencies not being fit for purpose with carpmig from the opposition.

Well, it's obviously not for you, so vote the way you always have, and get the same as you've always had.If that's what you want.

Have you not been watching the news lately. You know, the bit about the backlog with issuing passports, or twelve months or so ago the border agencies not being fit for purpose with carpmig from the opposition.

Do you really think that a true blue Tory like Farage will drop the austerity budgets which are currently in place and start spending more money ??

Tax cuts and spending increases are incompatible- and they are both in the UKIP manifesto. You can make any damn promises you like just so long as you never have to implement them - thats the UKIP way of doing business.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Do you really think that a true blue Tory like Farage will drop the austerity budgets which are currently in place and start spending more money ??

Tax cuts and spending increases are incompatible- and they are both in the UKIP manifesto. You can make any damn promises you like just so long as you never have to implement them - thats the UKIP way of doing business.

Br Cornelius

No & neither would any of the other parties.

Br Cornelius

I cant help thinking that substantive Tax Cuts (coupled with low interest rates) increases spending, so driving up demand at the factory gate, thereby increasing employment and, Tax Income to the Treasury. Ergo Sum: Tax cuts (substantive) actually gives the Treasury MORE money to play with?

• Like 1

well, exactly, if an organisation is utterly hopeless what's increasing the number of staff threefold going to do but just multiply the inefficiency threefold? it isn't going to make it do its job any better, is it, it';s just going to be three times more inefficient.

Nigel showing he doesn't know aht his party stands for again;

Read the whole nutty truth here:

http://d3n8a8pro7vhm....pdf?1397750311

So bad they are going to scrap it and start from scratch.

Br Cornelius

where is the link to the Nigel Farage interview? i like watching him in action. breath of fresh air - not toeing any politically correct line.

edit to add, anyone see Ed Milliband eating a bacon butty. :D all part of the spin to get him more electable - with his Jewish connections. goes along with the operation he had on his nose to make his voice/speech more acceptable. the official line it was to help with his sleeping. shows you the lengths these politicians will go to and how ill advised they are.

0.jpg

Nick Clegg and Vince 'the' Cable standing in a pub.

_75270937_f209e8a8-f3c6-4026-84f6-a03422411ec7.jpg

all three copying Farage. you can imagine the conversations that go on behind closed doors. between the out of touch politicians and their out of touch advisors. Its working for Farage it'll work for us. trouble is Nigel is genuine.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

well, exactly, if an organisation is utterly hopeless what's increasing the number of staff threefold going to do but just multiply the inefficiency threefold? it isn't going to make it do its job any better, is it, it';s just going to be three times more inefficient.

I repeat, what are the other parties manifestos?

I cant help thinking that substantive Tax Cuts (coupled with low interest rates) increases spending, so driving up demand at the factory gate, thereby increasing employment and, Tax Income to the Treasury. Ergo Sum: Tax cuts (substantive) actually gives the Treasury MORE money to play with?

You have just repeated the "Trickle Down Theory" which has been empirically shown to be bull****. Didn't you get the news ???

Br Cornelius

where is the link to the Nigel Farage interview? i like watching him in action. breath of fresh air - not toeing any politically correct line.

edit to add, anyone see Ed Milliband eating a bacon butty. :D all part of the spin to get him more electable - with his Jewish connections. goes along with the operation he had on his nose to make his voice/speech more acceptable. the official line it was to help with his sleeping. shows you the lengths these politicians will go to and how ill advised they are.

0.jpg

Nick Clegg and Vince 'the' Cable standing in a pub.

_75270937_f209e8a8-f3c6-4026-84f6-a03422411ec7.jpg

all three copying Farage. you can imagine the conversations that go on behind closed doors. between the out of touch politicians and their out of touch advisors. Its working for Farage it'll work for us. trouble is Nigel is genuine.

Well Steve, Farage certainly aint impressed me with his blockey bonhomie and incompetent grasp of his own parties policy platform. You must have different standards :yes: I personally wouldn't put the pub bore in charge of a country.

Br Cornelius

It worked so well in the US when G.W.Bush was president. :whistle:

Just look at this chart of US national debt. Bush started "trickle Down economics" in 2001. Notice something happening around there ?

800px-USDebt.png

chart_annual_deficits3.top.gif

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Well Steve, Farage certainly aint impressed me with his blockey bonhomie and incompetent grasp of his own parties policy platform. You must have different standards :yes:I personally wouldn't put the pub bore in charge of a country.

Br Cornelius

Rather that than a war criminal, & rather that than the muppet that took his place. Just to think of all the blood on the hands of those who voted for Nu Liebore, at least i've got a clear conscience.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

I repeat, what are the other parties manifestos?

your guess is as good as mine. You don't think I'm going to vote for either of them either, do you?*

* the Libdems don't count

• Like 1

your guess is as good as mine. You don't think I'm going to vote for either of them either, do you?*

* the Libdems don't count

Definitely not. I've seen all three of them in government & been underwhelmed by all of them. The only upside to the tories is that at least they know how to run the economy, mind you, they must be getting heartily sick of having to get everything back on track everytime Labour c*** it up.

• Like 2

Definitely not. I've seen all three of them in government & been underwhelmed by all of them. The only upside to the tories is that at least they know how to run the economy, mind you, they must be getting heartily sick of having to get everything back on track everytime Labour c*** it up.

Oh really? Short memory.

If we see Scotland voting yes for independence then the UK will be dominated by the Tory party. we'd see successive Tory governments. i wonder how the economy would fare with a consistent conservative government. would we see a continuation of less state, lower taxes and more people in work than ever before? i know one thing - someone at some point needs to get this countries spending sorted out with a GDP of £1.2Trillion, you'd think we'd be awash with money.

on the topic of the thread.

Juncker - David Cameron as said he will continue to defend the "very important principle" that it should be the leaders of EU member states, not the European Parliament, to propose a candidate for the job. "I will go on opposing this process of having someone put upon us by the European Parliament... right up to the end. He has said Mr Juncker is too pro-federalist and the appointment would make EU reforms harder to achieve.

• Like 1

You have just repeated the "Trickle Down Theory" which has been empirically shown to be bull****. Didn't you get the news ???

Br Cornelius

Actually , NO I have not repeated the "Trickle Down" theory. That theory relates only to the top 1% of taxpayers being required to pay more tax. The UKIP Tax incentives actually refer to a "trickle UP" policy, whereby the majority of the population have LESS tax to pay, no incentive to save much (low Interest rates), and thereby supporting a Consumer led boom that actually leads to higher Demand, at the factory gate, and higher growth for the internal Market.

Please read my Posts with a little more insight to what I have actually said. Is that too much to ask?

• Like 1

It worked so well in the US when G.W.Bush was president. :whistle:

Just look at this chart of US national debt. Bush started "trickle Down economics" in 2001. Notice something happening around there ?

800px-USDebt.png

chart_annual_deficits3.top.gif

Not even talking about "Trickle Down", but "Trickle Up". Please pay attention to my posts, because I get bored very quickly when folks take my posts totally out of context and try to negate them by spuriously plugging them into a completely DIFFERENT economic model.

How can something trickle up? That'd be like rising damp, wouldn't it? Not sure how encouraging that'd be as an economic model. :-/

Edited by Admiral Rhubarb

Actually , NO I have not repeated the "Trickle Down" theory. That theory relates only to the top 1% of taxpayers being required to pay more tax. The UKIP Tax incentives actually refer to a "trickle UP" policy, whereby the majority of the population have LESS tax to pay, no incentive to save much (low Interest rates), and thereby supporting a Consumer led boom that actually leads to higher Demand, at the factory gate, and higher growth for the internal Market.

Please read my Posts with a little more insight to what I have actually said. Is that too much to ask?

But what it amounts to is that the rich pay proportionally less tax so it always ends up with the rich getting richer in the expectation that they will trickle down their accumulated wealth to the bottom. The rhetoric has been tried many times before and it always ends up with the same 1% grabbing a greater proportion of the wealth - and that is why it is always the rich who propose it.

Trying to hide these facts by renaming it trickle up isn't going to change the basic facts of this Tory wheeze.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

But what it amounts to is that the rich pay proportionally less tax so it always ends up with the rich getting richer in the expectation that they will trickle down their accumulated wealth to the bottom. The rhetoric has been tried many times before and it always ends up with the same 1% grabbing a greater proportion of the wealth - and that is why it is always the rich who propose it.

Trying to hide these facts by renaming it trickle up isn't going to change the basic facts of this Tory wheeze.

Br Cornelius

You cannot continue to squeeze the rich like some cash cow. Already the top 1% of the highest earners, that's the top 1% - contribute 29.7% of HMRC's tax income at 45% tax rate.

those high earners 14.7% of them on the 40% tax rate contribute 36.8% to HMRC.

81.6% of earners on the basic tax rate 20% they contribute 33.2% to HMRC.

I think that is pretty balanced. and im pleased so far with the Tory government, since being in government they have allowed me to keep more of my money year on year through the tax threshold being raised on the amount you can earn before you pay tax. the United Kingdom now has the highest personal tax allowance in the G7. and we are truly open for business with a corporate tax rate of just 20% one of the lowest in the western world compared to the likes of Germany 29% and France 33%. people might say what have billionaires ever done for us? well the vast majority of billionaires make their dosh creating huge numbers of jobs and revolutionising industries and even economies: Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Amazon spring to mind, as do vast numbers of entrepreneurs in Korea, China, India, Africa and South America, but not so many in Europe.

I see in your part of the world - In Dublin's fair city where the girls are so pretty - has one of the lowest corporate tax rates anywhere. but seems to have landed themselves in a bit of trouble with your EU masters, namely Apple and their tax arrangements in the Irish Republic.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

Br Cornelius

Have you totally mis-interpreted my post? Whatever the "1%" spend their money on will have no appreciable effect on GDP. The remaining 99% having much greater Purchasing Power collectively will drive the economy. It has NEVER been the 1% that drives the economy. I never believed the "Trickle Down" economic model, and it has certainly been shown to be fallacious.

The real angst in your post is probably aimed at Bankers and "Market Warriors" and is probably just, Those people with permanent employment playing with other peoples money and investments. The answer is simple / cap their incomes, not difficult, remove "Bonuses" equally simple (through legally binding Corporate Governance Statutory Instruments in Parliament)

Trickle Up is just my take on actually increasing GDP to benefit the 99%, where on earth you get the idea that I am supporting "Trickle Down" nonsensical economics is beyond me.

• Like 1