Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do I have anything special?

thecrazygameguy

I'm 16 and new to this site and I am so interested in this stuff. I plan on trying Astral Projection once I learn more about it but scared to try atm but I don't really notice anything special about myself and how would I tell if I am?

If it makes you feel any better, no one has ever hurt themselves by trying these things out in the safety of their living room.

• Like 2

One of the easier things to do would be what is known as lucid dreaming. It is where you are asleep, and are dreaming, but you know you are dreaming and have control of what is going on. From there trying Out of Body, and Astral Projection would be just another step.

Personally I don't believe in most "magic", but I do believe your mind can do some really crazy stuff and make you think you are doing supernatural stuff.

I agree. zero reason to be scared. try it out, research it, don't obsess over it. see what, if anything works for you

Welcome crazygameguy, give it a go, no one has got lost trying to get back so far, as far as I am aware.

As for special, just joining this site makes you special. :tu:

• Like 2

If it makes you feel any better, no one has ever hurt themselves by trying these things out in the safety of their living room.

That does make me feel better haha :P

One of the easier things to do would be what is known as lucid dreaming. It is where you are asleep, and are dreaming, but you know you are dreaming and have control of what is going on. From there trying Out of Body, and Astral Projection would be just another step.

Personally I don't believe in most "magic", but I do believe your mind can do some really crazy stuff and make you think you are doing supernatural stuff.

I don't either so I wanna try it myself haha. I am gonna try it soon.

I agree. zero reason to be scared. try it out, research it, don't obsess over it. see what, if anything works for you

Thank ya I will start some research

Welcome crazygameguy, give it a go, no one has got lost trying to get back so far, as far as I am aware.

As for special, just joining this site makes you special. :tu:

Thanks! I feel very welcome :)

I'm 16 and new to this site and I am so interested in this stuff. I plan on trying Astral Projection once I learn more about it but scared to try atm but I don't really notice anything special about myself and how would I tell if I am?

Dude, you're just 16... THAT'S what is special about you!! You're young and dynamic and eager to learn and to experiment and to grow. You discover yourself while you're at it. You fall in love with yourself and you find someone who feels special to you.

Astral Projection and stuff like that will happen in due time, but right now, you should educate yourself even more on all those things that you wish to learn about. Learn about metaphysics, about religion, spirituality, physics, ufology, etc. Apply what you learn in your life, maybe adopt some habits and practices like meditation and physical exercise and stuff. Ultimately, you are your own best teacher, only if you prepare yourself to be own best pupil.

Man, I can only wish to be 16 once more. You, on the other hand, have the best days of your life knocking at your door right now...

Edit: I apologize if what I said seems off-topic, but it seemed kinda relevant to me.. :)

Edited by dlonewolf85
  • Like 1

This is most definitely one of the nicest and coolest forums I have ever been too. Everyone is so nice :) Thank you dlonewolf85 and thereserelucio :D

• Like 1

Yea I would endorse learning about lucid dreaming, if for no other reason than to get rational control of your sleeping and be aware.
  • Like 1

Whether I have anything special is something I never really asked myself before -- I presume the question being on this board pertains to whether I have any sort of paranormal ability.

Probably not. I've experimented with a lot of things and generally come up empty. Ouija boards always give me rude obscene answers to my questions when I play with them alone and do nothing when I am with others, so that doesn't seem very useful as a special ability. I've worked very hard a few times trying to make something move by the power of my mind, and never succeeded unless there was a good breeze.

I have a large amount of lucid control over dreams, but this doesn't achieve much except allow me to suppress dreams that take a bad turn and make them behave. I think this does help my sleep, and the ability to turn dreaming on and off helps me fall asleep so long as other conditions allow.

I'm pretty good at reading people, but this is a natural, nothing paranormal, ability. What it does do is allow me to play the psychic if I want. I've done that a few times to persuade others they were being defrauded, but someone who wants to believe such stuff will do so regardless of my demonstrations of what is really happening.

Of course I hear voices. Now this is not what I consider a paranormal ability but a damn nuisance. They seem to sneak up on me and say my name clear and loud to make me look around to see who is there. There have been a few times when I was very upset that I have had an extended conversation with myself, at to me an audible level. This is seen as insane by others, and I think probably is insane if you are not aware who it is you are talking to. It like lucid dreaming -- call it "lucid schizophrenia." (Of course I am careful no one else is around or I don't answer).

I'm also able to conjure up spirits but unlike others I know better. This is mainly when dreaming -- I want to talk to someone and generally if they are someone I know I can do it. I haven't done that in a long time as you really learn nothing more than you already know. It's not really the spirit but just yourself.

No out-of-body stuff for me, much as I have tried, my mind stays inside my skull, although pretty obviously it is a construct since it seems to be right behind my eyes, and I know brain activity is not so centralized.

I meditate regularly, but this is not paranormal. Usually standard breathing work, to keep my mindfulness acute.