Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

new zealand urban legends

000kaos000

does anyone know of any urban legends or creatures that are in new zealand

Hey kaos heres one for starters, the taniwha is a mythical creature of legend :tu:

Hey kaos heres one for starters, the taniwha is a mythical creature of legend :tu:

haha thats just old old wives tale lol my mates mum used to say there one in the river by her house she just didnt want us fising in there

kiwi

they real they are quite big use to see the odd one up the back of this farm i used to go pig hunting on there a really noisy bird can give you quite a fright i the middle of the night
  • Like 1

People who can drive properly.

My mate reckons he saw one once - but I don't believe him.

• Like 2

People who can drive properly.

My mate reckons he saw one once - but I don't believe him.

haha nz is such a boring place it sucks not having any scary or dangerous animals it would be mean to be able to go out and bash some snakes and s*** Edited by 000kaos000

haha nz is such a boring place it sucks not having any scary or dangerous animals it would be mean to be able to go out and bash some snakes and s***

There's plenty enough scary animals of the human variety.

There's plenty enough scary animals of the human variety.

haha yea ae i swear it must be in the water in some towns lol
  • Like 1

The fiordland moose.

Living moas.

yea that moose one is a good one theres alot of bush down there thats been left untouched

• 4 weeks later...

The Taniwha, both good and bad are legends of New Zealand..

The pakeha sea serpents are not in the same street as the old-time Maori giants and taniwhas. Take the case of the noted warrior of the Ngati-whatua, for instance–Kawharu—he stood twenty-four feet in height, and measured six feet in girth, so that he was elegantly slender. This fellow drove all before him, and sacked pas at the rate of two a day.

For the most part, the Maori monsters did not take the shape of the human form, but rather resembled that of a tuatara, or alligator. They were formidable creatures, and though no living person has seen one—and the unbelieving pakeha maintains that in fact none has ever been seen—the Maori certainly respected and feared them. Sometimes they were benevolent, more often evil.

Link.

http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/tm/scholarly/tei-Gov14_11Rail-t1-body-d12.html

The there's also the Waipoua Forest stone city..

That's an ancient site, pre-dating Maori..

Personally I think it''s evidence of Lemoria..

The Waipoua Forest Stone City, North Island, New Zealand is an amazing stone built settlement. The sheer size of it is stunning and so is the fact that it is totally ignored by New Zealand. Here you have a unique stone city or structures for New Zealand yet its destruction by tree logging is being allowed.

If the Waipoua Forest Stone City was a proven and claimed ancient settlement by the Maori's would its destruction be allowed? Whatever your thoughts on its origin it is a stunning area of New Zealands historic past.

Link... http://www.everythingiselectric.com/new-zealand/waipoua-forest-stone-city.html

The UFO explosion in Tapanui 1178 A.D, NZs very own Tunguska.

No doubt the cause why the Waipoua Forest stone city was destroyed beyond all recognition...

...Could you imagine a cataclysmic explosion that occurred only around 830 years ago near a township of Tapanui in New Zealand, and that destroyed a significant proportion of the human population on our planet...

...Could you imagine that countless evidence of this UFO explosion still remains visible until today...

...Could you imagine that this mysterious explosion caused a rapid shift of Earth's poles by around 7 degrees...

...Could you imagine that inertia forces from the rapid Earth's crust motion caused by this explosion caused, amongst others, the leaning of the famous "Leaning Tower" in Pisa, northern Italy, as well as the deformation of the dome in Aya Sophia in Istanbul...

http://energia.sl.pl/tapanui.htm

I might be emigrating to New Zealand in the next couple of years.. :D

When you have 15 big guys in Black shirts and shorts 10 feet from your face, all taking the same stance and loudly chanting Combate Combate cora cora......you have a big problem, because they nearly always Win...and won't give in..

Now thats what I call a pack of serious Monsters not to be messed wih.

When you have 15 big guys in Black shirts and shorts 10 feet from your face, all taking the same stance and loudly chanting Combate Combate cora cora.....

Sounds like one of my girlfriends fantasies.. :P