Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Universe is rotating

Weitter Duckss

Due to different materials distributed in space center (axis) must have a rotation, and rotation of the body due to a direction of movement.

uh-what? What do the materials matter to rotation? Look. there is no preferred direction of expansion. Everything is expanding in all directions

Rotation could be invisible like expansion couldnt it? Are we really embedded deep within spacetime or are we at the very front of it. Where is the centre of any moment?

No. And expansion is not invisible.

The universe is not rotating.

Harte

uh-what? What do the materials matter to rotation? Look. there is no preferred direction of expansion. Everything is expanding in all directions

While observing the universe through the rotation, galaxies are distributed unevenly causing a shift in the center. Rotation trijela inside and outside the universe gives the direction of movement and do not point at a standstill.

Harte

To uttered assertion that it has to have a practical irrefutable evidence. Not to demolish some theories, or because they believe in it.

Let's try to set the forum to find evidence to the contrary. Evidence through observation that there is enough common set this matter on a solid foundation.

Although I'm not entirely sure of his claims, however, checks are necessary. If there is a paradox, something is amiss and needs finishing or leave whole argument.

First, find evidence for rotation, as that is the claim.

It's already been stated why we know the universe isn't rotating, but you claim that it is.

It is your claim, provide your evidence.

Harte

• Like 2

It's already been stated why we know the universe isn't rotating, but you claim that it is.

Harte

The shape of the universe where it peaked at the equator and spljašten by veritikali neddvojbeno shows spin.

The existence of blue and red shift of the spectrum can be only in bodies with spin.

The movement of clusters of galaxies in the same direction (in the picture of the universe from right to left) as the motion of the planets around the stars or galaxies inside.

Rotation of the body in space, consequently leading to a rotation because it follows the course of zakonitasti.

Speed ​​outer portion (270,000 km / sec) and low speed in the center (100-200 km / sec) are a reflection of the body that rotates as in other smaller systems.

Edited by Weitter Duckss

The shape of the universe where it peaked at the equator and spljašten by veritikali neddvojbeno shows spin.

The existence of blue and red shift of the spectrum can be only in bodies with spin.

[Emphasis mine] Please tell me you are not referring to this image as your interpretation for the shape of the Universe?

Harte

After examining the images of the universe can be seen that the body is elongated at the equator due to rotation and flattened veritikalno.

Blue and red shift of the spectrum may be at or in bodies with spin.

The movement of clusters of galaxies and one direction as the movement of the planets around the zvijezde.ili center of the galaxy.

Rotation of the body in space, consequently leading to a rotation of the whole volume.

You do realize there's a difference between the observable universe and how the universe may actually be shaped, right? The observable universe is spherical (because we're observing outward in all directions) and is centered on the observer wherever they may be located regardless of the shape of the actual universe.

Edited by Lilly
fixed it
  • Like 1

Right now, your universe appears to use only the tiniest of fonts.

Harte

Right now, your universe appears to use only the tiniest of fonts.

Harte

When I'm doing something else over on Microsoft office and I answer a post there the @#%# thing won't allow me any larger text size when I transfer it here!

Nope, still won't allow me to change the size...I have no idea why.

Edited by Lilly
addition

Welcome back to our universe.

So, how was the Tinyfont universe? I'm guessing... really hard to read?

Harte

Edited by Harte

Welcome back to our universe.

So, how was the Tinyfont universe? I'm guessing... really hard to read?

Harte

Uh...did you read my post explaining that?

Ok, all fixed.

Edited by Lilly
addition

No need to shout at me.

:innocent:

Harte

No need to shout at me.

:innocent:

Harte

Not shouting, just making it nice and big so you won't need your glasses! :lol:

Edited by Lilly
left out a letter

What'd you say?

Harte

Harte

Thats laughable :lol: like saying you can hold onto gravity simply by picking something up :lol: but seriously i think no one has ever observed space-time expanding, only its shadow so to speak.

Rotation of space-time energy is an open mystery.

Rotation might prevent the universe from falling on our heads! Which is a good thing! :yes:

I hate to mention this, but as I like sturring up trouble and complicating matters...

The universe was born spinning and continues to do so around a preferred axis – that is the bold conclusion of physicists in the US who have studied the rotation of more than 15,000 galaxies.

However,

Neta Bahcall, an astrophysicist at Princeton University in the US, feels that there is no solid evidence for a rotating universe. "The directional spin of spiral galaxies may be impacted by other local gravitational effects,

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2011/jul/25/was-the-universe-born-spinning

From what I've read on the subject, most physicists are not convinced these findings are correct. I fear I've opened another can of worms. Please forgive me.

• Like 1

If one ascribles to Mach's principle there's really no way to test for rotation of the universe as a whole....because there's nothing else for it to be rotating relative to. Honestly, it's just that simple.

• Like 1

If one ascribles to Mach's principle there's really no way to test for rotation of the universe as a whole...

True, but when we talk about the rotation of the Universe we are usually referring to the angular momenta averaged over all galaxies being non-zero.

So it is still an internal property. This is why discussing Universal rotation - even according to Mach - may still be meaningful, while discussing (for example) Universal translation is not meaningful.

Also before we move on...

After examining the images of the universe can be seen that the body is elongated at the equator.

Weitter Duckss: are you referring to this image as showing that the Universe is elongated at the equator?

If not, can you please provide a link to the images that show this effect?

So it is still an internal property. This is why discussing Universal rotation - even according to Mach - may still be meaningful, while discussing (for example) Universal translation is not meaningful.

Oh, I think I see what you're getting at now. So, is there any manner in which something like this could be measured?

I must confess to having avoided this thread too long and apologize if I hit ground already covered, but scanning it I don't think so. It seems to me we could detect a slight rotation in the universe by comparing relative motions of galaxies 180 degrees from each other, or perhaps finding something similar in the microwave background radiation. I know of no such observation that has passed muster.

If the universe truly is a big free lunch, then the conserved quantities must all be zero, and that includes angular momentum. That is perhaps the easiest way to create a universe out of "nothing." The universe really is, when you add it up, "nothing."

• Like 1

While observing the universe through the rotation, galaxies are distributed unevenly causing a shift in the center. Rotation trijela inside and outside the universe gives the direction of movement and do not point at a standstill.

Except that observation shows galaxies distributed evenly with no preferred direction of expansion. And exactly what is the universe rotating in relation to?

I must confess to having avoided this thread too long and apologize if I hit ground already covered, but scanning it I don't think so. It seems to me we could detect a slight rotation in the universe by comparing relative motions of galaxies 180 degrees from each other, or perhaps finding something similar in the microwave background radiation. I know of no such observation that has passed muster.

If the universe truly is a big free lunch, then the conserved quantities must all be zero, and that includes angular momentum. That is perhaps the easiest way to create a universe out of "nothing." The universe really is, when you add it up, "nothing."

Exactly