Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

RadioActive Chernobyl

ReddHeadsRantings

There are so many books and universites that claim hemp will take radation out of soil in a decade. So people are studing wolves, birds, mice,fish and others in the 3000 miles of radioactive land.

There is that fallow little island next to the nuke plant-its has next to NOTHING on it it does have one of the highest radiotion levels in all of that waste land-so why hasnt some group planted any hemp in an attempt to reclaim the land ?

Please no "smart" answers-

I really am courious as to why no one is trying to take the radiation out of the soil with hemp

Any intellegent response/reply ?

There are so many books and universites that claim hemp will take radation out of soil in a decade. So people are studing wolves, birds, mice,fish and others in the 3000 miles of radioactive land.

There is that fallow little island next to the nuke plant-its has next to NOTHING on it it does have one of the highest radiotion levels in all of that waste land-so why hasnt some group planted any hemp in an attempt to reclaim the land ?

I really am courious as to why no one is trying to take the radiation out of the soil with hemp

Because idiots will go to the island and try to smoke it. There are seriously people that dumb.

_Edit_

I knew 3 lads at school that used to breath in the black smoke that came of burning a plastic ruler to try and get high.

I also know a lad that found a brown medicine bottle with the label illegible due to rain. He took 11 of the tablets inside over the space of about 4 hours and started trembling and couldn't breath properly, he had to go to hospital in an ambulance from the pub.

Another lad at a different school found an inhaler in the yard and proceeded to use it many times that afternoon until his lips went blue. He had to go to hospital as well.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE STUPID!

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 1

The fact it is not being sold in small plastic bags on street corners by the researchers, does not mean its not being done:

http://online.wsj.co...611-905227.html

Today, many researchers, institutes, and companies are funding scientific efforts to test different plants' effectiveness at removing a wide range of contaminants.

http://www.mhhe.com/...article_10.html

http://www.naturalne..._radiation.html

Edited by freetoroam

Why don' you kickstarter that **** and go do it yourself? I'm sure tons of folks would donate to the cause.

• Like 1

Radiotrophic fungus is growing naturally in Pripyat. Hemp is also being used to clean up there.

There are so many books and universites that claim hemp will take radation out of soil in a decade. So people are studing

wolves, birds, mice,fish and others in the 3000 miles of radioactive land.

There is that fallow little island next to the nuke plant-its has next to NOTHING on it it does have one of the highest radiotion

levels in all of that waste land-so why hasnt some group planted any hemp in an attempt to reclaim the land ?

Research has shown that hemp is able to get approx 1% (of the ttl) caesium out of the soil. Even if this rate would be

much higher the radioactivity problem would not be fixed by this system. The plants do not "eleminate" radioactivity,

they just store radioactive particles so the amount of such particles get lowered in the soil. With the die off of the plants,

the radioactive particles get back into the environment. As these particles are subject to meteorologic effects, a part of

the particles will be transported back into the soil by rainwater and another part will be distributed by wind also into

areas where the soil is/was not contaminated. As the radioactive half life of Cs137 is just 30 years, it is the smarter deal to

leave it where it is, so in the soil, than to reduce the 100% contamination in a no-go zone with the negative swing-by effect

to pollute non restricted areas outside the no-go zones.

Recapitulatory, clean up trials by using plants do not have the effects that some ppl believe in.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

Why don' you kickstarter that **** and go do it yourself? I'm sure tons of folks would donate to the cause.

Yeah, the same morons who spend lots of money for the Solar-Road-Nonsense already.

Thank you Toast - very insightful &. factual ..... That was what i was looking for

• Like 1

hmm lets hope ppl wont sell one day radioactive hemp on the street corners and school....