Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dems and Guns

praetorian-legio XIII

A bit of info that I found rather interesting regarding who's really doing the shooting,

(hope link posted correctly)

http://fellowshipoft...le-gun-control/

The problem (with everything in the US, not just guns) are people who put partisan BS above the good of the country. These are the same people that would start a thread titled "Dems and Guns".

And for the article? It's stupid. A "disgruntled" Democrat, a "radical" democrat...and three times it says "registered" democrat. Either way, I can write an article right now and only include Republicans. If it's not going to include ALL shootings, then it has ZERO credibility.

• Like 4

Almost all persons on the list were/are male Caucasians. Should we ban gun ownership by most male Caucasians? There's a logic hole in someone's jingoistic foot.

Edited by DeWitz
  • Like 2

Almost all persons on the list were/are male Caucasians. Should we ban gun ownership by most male Caucasians? There's a logic hole in someone's jingoistic foot.

That's only because no news media cares when two black or brown people kill each other. That's not news worthy because, with all the gang killings, they'd have no time to be reporting anything else.

• Like 4

That's only because no news media cares when two black or brown people kill each other. That's not news worthy because, with all the gang killings, they'd have no time to be reporting anything else.

Obviously. My tongue in cheek response was to indicate that very same poor methodology in the listing of overwhelmingly white, male killers.

• Like 1

i agree, lets ban democrats from having guns, if it does not do anything, at least it wont hurt anyone, can't afford to do nothing, lol.

I was actually curious about this and started to fact check some of the names on your list. Hate to say it but a lot are false.

• Like 5

I was actually curious about this and started to fact check some of the names on your list. Hate to say it but a lot are false.

which ones? and what is the truth? ok i just googled all the names, all check out true, you are full of sht. not that i had any doubts before

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

i agree, lets ban democrats from having guns, if it does not do anything, at least it wont hurt anyone, can't afford to do nothing, lol.

Aztek 2 weeks ago; "it's a mental health issue, not a gun problem."

Aztek today; "let's ban democrats from having guns."

So what are you saying aztek, all democrats are mentally ill?

"Lol of course they are, that's why they're democrats!"

Edited by andy4
  • Like 3

i like the way you think.

Haha, you're a goofball there aztek. Lol

How many had blue eyes? How many had brown? How many liked detective novels? How many bowled? It's a bogus methodology.

• Like 1

Those people in the list may, may have had opposing views but they all have one thing in common. They used guns to solve their problems!

• Like 3

Those people in the list may, may have had opposing views but they all have one thing in common. They used guns to solve their problems!

yes, they did. it shows guns can solve problems, lol

Edited by aztek

yes, they did. it shows guns can solve problems, lol

Well yeah, but not in a good way. Hence world war 2.

Andy4, you make a fine point: ". . .they all have one thing in common." Violence to address their problems.

The extreme left and extreme right often meet in the far horizon of extremism, violence and totalitarianism. Obviously this is not a "Dem" issue nor a Republican one. Another straw man flames out.

Edited by DeWitz
  • Like 3

Andy4, you make a fine point: ". . .they all have one thing in common." Violence to address their problems.

The extreme left and extreme right often meet in the far horizon of extremism, violence and totalitarianism. Obviously this is not a "Dem" issue nor a Republican one. Another straw man flames out.

Accepting violence as a method to resolve conflicts is sadly part of our culture...regardless of what party they say they are.

• Like 2

hence any war, you do not mind cops carrying guns, yet amount of police misconduct and wrongfull deaths are really big. http://www.policemis...Excessive_Force.

Figure-10.png?d653ce

I'm quite suspicious of this since we're comparing a group (law enforcement) that in size is about 1/100th the size of the other population (the public.) For example, if I compared "people over the age of 20" here on this board with "people over the age of 20" around the world, we're going to find that people on this board are "unusually old" compared to everyone else.

Do I think all police are sweet and nonviolent law-abiding citizens? No. But I don't think that they are as much a threat to the rest of the population as, say, gang members (which will be a similar sized population.)

• Like 1

with amount of police brutality, and misscoduct we see almost daily on tv, and internet news, i do not doubt it for a second.

you should look at the site, number of convictions among leos less than half of civilians, cops know that for the most part they will get away with whatever they do, so no surprice they feel untochable and commit more crimes. just because you do not like the numbers does not mean they are not true.

• Like 1

with amount of police brutality, and misscoduct we see almost daily on tv, and internet news, i do not doubt it for a second.

you should look at the site, number of convictions among leos less than half of civilians, cops know that for the most part they will get away with whatever they do, so no surprice they feel untochable and commit more crimes. just because you do not like the numbers does not mean they are not true.

They may be true, but they are very doubtful. I've never seen police brutality, doesn't mean it does not exist, but I'd say it's relatively uncommon.

• Like 1

, but I'd say it's relatively uncommon.

numbers show it is common, some type of crimes (assault, sexual assault, and murder) are commited more by leos than by civilians per100k.

• Like 1

which ones? and what is the truth? ok i just googled all the names, all check out true, you are full of sht. not that i had any doubts before

Well Seung – Hui Cho was a permanent resident not a US citizen and Virginia doesn't have partisan registration. James Holmes was not a registered voter. http://www.examiner.com/article/the-idea-that-recent-mass-shooters-are-mostly-registered-democrats-is-a-myth

Jared Lee Laughner is a registered independent http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/house/jared-lee-loughner-was-a-regis.html

Charles J Guiteau (The guy who shot President Garfield) was indeed heavily into politics- but as a Republican. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_J._Guiteau

I could research more, but I think you get the point.

• Like 1

I think that all anti-gun citizens should purposefully chose not to own guns. And instead of posting gun ownership lists online, we should post political affiliation lists online, so the criminals know who does and does not own a gun.

I agree with the statement that killing people with, or without, a gun is ALREADY ILLEGAL.

• Like 1