Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emergency room spirit

UM-Bot

Story submission by: Anonymous Location: Massachusetts, United States

One day while at work at a local hospital here in Massachusetts, I, along with another co-worker, was giving a tour of the Emergency Department to a small group of schoolchildren. While there, one of the doctors decided to give the children a demonstration of how casts are made. The children were ex...

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111529/emergency-room-spirit

I'm slightly confused. I thought you'd seen the child yet you don't know if the child was male or female.

When running behind us, he or she

I'm also wondering if it's possible your co-worker was playing tricks on you, re-hand on your back.

• Like 2

Suddenly, one child, apparently a straggler not wanting to be left out, ran behind me and my colleague to get over to the group. When running behind us, he or she put their little hand on my lower back to move me away from the wall.

http://www.unexplain...ncy-room-spirit

Is it just me, or does this not make any sense? How did the child run behind them both if they were leaning against the wall? And neither he or his colleague had noticed if it was a he or a she? not very observant for a hospital worker.

• Like 1

Come on guys, why are you nit picking this story apart. I'm an absent minded person myself. I can totally see that I may not have payed attention to it being a boy or girl. Your assuming the poster is JUST LIKE YOU. It's not a good way. I tend to lend more credibility to the author, especially since she and her co-worker both experienced this.

I think your colleague was nudging u forward so u wont lean on the wall. When u moved forward she too did the same, when u looked back she again did the same..

Ok now that has to be one of the most credible accounts of something unexplained I have ever read. In fact that Emergency Department story is the sole reason I joined this site. I have scanned various "paranormal" sites and articles and postings for years waiting for the day when I would find a credible story. Any story similar to my own. Sadly, after 5 years of looking, I have found nobody with experiences like my own. The experiences I have had since I was a child are real. I have chosen to share them only after I find somebody out there with a story as subtle and inexplicable as my own. I guess I feel that if I am going to talk with somebody about it, it has to be somebody who is going to carefully consider what I tell them and not get all jacked up about monsters, aliens, ghosts, demons, god or any of the other constructs of simple human imagination. If the author wants to respond to me please do. If not, I for one understand. I believe your story is real. Of course it is also possible it is fictional but I think your comment about this bothering you for years is exactly how several experiences have left me feeling. Confused, and (after looking for years) alone. Ciao

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe a parnk but sensing a child running from your left or right and not knowing if they are a boy or girl seems possible. Also the way I read it, the reason she felt a hand on her back she thought was because she was leaning against the wall and the child wanted to get by. As far as pranks go, this would have to be a pretty strange prank....I mean ....really? Pressing on your friends back hoping she will think it some paranormal thing? I rather believe it to be precisely the kind of inexplicable experience, unclear in its motive, unclear in what was experienced, easily dismissed that makes it credible. I read it to a class I teach on paranormal subjects and they agreed...it is an intriguing and wrought full of holes...which makes it real....maybe.