Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Islamic State in the Levant Advances

DeWitz

Perhaps, instead of spending all this time trying to find someone to blame, we should perhaps start thinking of ways to help.

The only thing that can help is you and your people denouce the act of your governement and manifest about any decision of intervening in any country .

Edited by TheLionsHunter

That is a breathtakingly callous statement. But you ARE correct that Saddam had things "under control". The US becoming involved was very much a tragic miscalculation (hopefully) but to imply that the things these jihadis are doing is caused by the US is wrong. These guys are enabled by our actions but the evil is very much native to them and their culture.

USA must not get involved in that area, it will only create enemies more than friends. It is an islamic state, any act against an islamic state will be translated as an invasion for all muslim world, and many scholars will call for jihad. USA knew that fact and it moved according to that parameter for only one reason to stay there and to milk the oil of that country. Many american soldiers died and many of them suicided when they came back home but USA did not care about their people.

Edited by TheLionsHunter

It's not their lands. Don't go by me, this is what Miko Peled said even though I've said that numerous times. They never have declared statehood and all the lands are state owned. And Israel is the only state there. So cry my hands full. The Palestinian has never shown that they are willing to settle peacefully side-by-side with Israel. I think it is in the Palestinian's court to give a sign of good faith.

You probably lying to yourslef, or you are so ignorance to know that there was nothing called Israel until the british belford gave them the power to settle there and divided Palestine.

Israel considered itself a state in 1948 and many countries around the world do not consider it as a country or state. It is called the occupied palestine . Go learn please and stop spreading ignorance.

• Like 2

......so gassing thousands of Kurds is fine?

What about turkey ? are they find with Kurds ? why the USA did not invade Turkey, they have killed more Kurds than Iraq did ?

Kurds are calling for an independent state, this is not acceptable like USA will not accept any state of US call for independence

• Like 1

You probably lying to yourslef, or you are so ignorance to know that there was nothing called Israel until the british belford gave them the power to settle there and divided Palestine.

Israel considered itself a state in 1948 and many countries around the world do not consider it as a country or state. It is called the occupied palestine . Go learn please and stop spreading ignorance.

Before you go blaming the British, you might want to consider it was actually the US which originally lobbied for a two-state solution in the Mandated Palestine, encouraged by the Zionist elements which wielded considerable political clout in that nation. Yes, the British - and other countries - in the UN submitted to the US proposal, but the original plan (although never formalised) by the British when they surrendered the Mandate in Palestine to the UN, was that the UN would sanction a bi-national, single-state solution.

And I believe it is this that initiated some of the friction between the Arabs/Palestinians and the Zionists/Israelis, as the Arabs/Palestinians saw the US-sponsored two-state plan as stripping them of half their proposed new state.

Edited by Leonardo

The only thing that can help is you and your people denouce the act of your governement and manifest about any decision of intervening in any country .

And that's going to stop the bloodshed? No it's not. This is becoming a situation akin to seeing someone being kidnapped, and not doing anything to help.

And that's going to stop the bloodshed? No it's not. This is becoming a situation akin to seeing someone being kidnapped, and not doing anything to help.

It will help at least people will not hate you and your own people and hate your government instead of you. People in this area say that when they ask them why they kidnap or kill people from those countries, and his answer is they encouraged and supported their governements to do so, so they deserved what's happnening to them. It is a logical answer.

How did a timely OP about ISIS/ISIL's Iraq offensive morph into another Israel/Palestine debate?

It will help at least people will not hate you and your own people and hate your government instead of you. People in this area say that when they ask them why they kidnap or kill people from those countries, and his answer is they encouraged and supported their governements to do so, so they deserved what's happnening to them. It is a logical answer.

I honestly couldn't care if I anger a gang of thugs because I help the victim they're going to kill. If you walk past a gang that's about to kill someone and you can stop them, the honourable and human thing to so is stop them, not turn a blind eye in order to avoid angering the gang.

• Like 2

So i'll be over with a few tanks to join you on your property - I'll have you out in the year and if you don't agree I might just kill you.

Thats your rules.

Let no one forget that there is a rule of law protecting Palestinian property and lands and all settlement activity is deemed illegal under international law (the same international law which Israel claims its legal status under). Israel has unilaterally declared that piece of law to not apply to it. Would it not be legitimate to then question its own legal entitlement to its lands since it has ignored the very body which has given it "legitimacy".

So Ravenhawk - you are factually wrong in claiming that the Isrealies have a right to seize Palestinian lands and property - they are illegal acts and by ignoring international law they undermine the legitimacy of the state of Israel. Any other state, not protected by the USA, would be under heavy sanctions for breaking international law as a consequence. The day of reckoning will someday come.

And no I am no willing to take your "might is right" legal opinion over the legal opinion of almost all international legal bodies on the planet.

Before you quote someone find out what they really believe;

Br Cornelius

You display a grasp of the unfairness of one side yet you seem wilfully oblivious to what happens if the Palestinians get what they want. Or is it that you understand and agree that Israel is illegitimate and should be dismantled and it's citizens killed? Because Br this is what the Palestinians want. It's not just political rhetoric - they desire the annihilation of the Jew. What part of that is okay with you?

How did a timely OP about ISIS/ISIL's Iraq offensive morph into another Israel/Palestine debate?

I'm the biggest Israel promoter here and I can tell you that even I don't consciously attempt to derail. Could it be that all roads lead to Rome, so to speak?
  • Like 1

In this case it is appropriate. After all “Levant” is part of this group’s name and Israel is a part of the Levant. I don’t think its only reference is to Syria. Who here doesn’t think that after they consolidate power in Syria and Iraq that they then grab Lebanon, Kuwait, and Jordan? That’ll only leave one last place. And that’s what it is ultimately all about.

• Like 1

As I recall, the allied powers did the same to the axis in WWII. If the Palestinians want peace then they should stop fighting and negotiate. Not really a difficult concept for an honest person.

I interpret to mean "If the Palestinians want peace then they should stop fighting and negotiate give in to all of Israel's demands"

I've said it before, 'and then', there should be no negotiations at all, only marching orders from the UN to Israel saying "GET OUT"

Hussein NEVER gassed 100,000 Kurds, that was proven to be a rouse.

In this case it is appropriate. After all "Levant" is part of this group's name and Israel is a part of the Levant. I don't think its only reference is to Syria. Who here doesn't think that after they consolidate power in Syria and Iraq that they then grab Lebanon, Kuwait, and Jordan? That'll only leave one last place. And that's what it is ultimately all about.

absolutely, that is what it is all about and that is why this thread so easily morphed.

the last s in ISIS al-Sham can stand for Syria, Damascus, or the Levant - depending on context.

It is clear the insurgents are using the Levant context. That is Israel, parts of Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and I *think* turkey

• Like 1

USA must not get involved in that area, it will only create enemies more than friends. It is an islamic state, any act against an islamic state will be translated as an invasion for all muslim world, and many scholars will call for jihad. USA knew that fact and it moved according to that parameter for only one reason to stay there and to milk the oil of that country. Many american soldiers died and many of them suicided when they came back home but USA did not care about their people.

Far too late to be voicing that opinion. The USA is balls deep in "helping" the Middle East and in particular, Iraq (rather what's left of it ), with freedom and democracy. The Americans started this and they'll finish it.

It was fine when he was gassing them, yeah.

Did other countries of the world who stayed out of the subsequent misadventures in Iraq say that it was fine?

it's one of those laws. Like how anything about Conspiracy theories always turns into the same old arguments about 9./11.

• Like 1

No matter who`s the President of Iraq aren't they going to be a Sunni or a Shi'ite? Is`nt this upset about the old wars between the two sects?

• Like 1

You display a grasp of the unfairness of one side yet you seem wilfully oblivious to what happens if the Palestinians get what they want. Or is it that you understand and agree that Israel is illegitimate and should be dismantled and it's citizens killed? Because Br this is what the Palestinians want. It's not just political rhetoric - they desire the annihilation of the Jew. What part of that is okay with you?

You keep making that claim over and over and your wrong both in the inevitable outcome and in what I want - every single time.

You have a prism which turns every outcome into the slaughter of the Jews. Maybe thats a fraudian flip from millennialist Christian.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

No matter who`s the President of Iraq aren't they going to be a Sunni or a Shi'ite? Is`nt this upset about the old wars between the two sects?

I think that's the basic problem with Iraq. It was created by forcibly putting together two sects that really don't get on at all. Best thing they could do would be to dismantle it.

• Like 1

Probably, jeem. It's what they do - kill people and break things. It's also why one should not provoke them in the first place :)

They provoke them in the first place????????????????????????

I hope you don't mind explaining.

From the latest news I have heard that US wants Al Maliki to go away.

What you know what a perfect opportunity to replace a US stooge with the Iranian stooge

Edited by jeem

From the latest news I have heard that US wants Al Maliki to go away.

What you know what a perfect opportunity to replace a US stooge with the Iranian stooge

He had 8 years and look what his results are. If you were an Iraqi citizen wouldn't you want a better leader also? The Shia (majority) were ill treated and controlled by the Sunni minority for decades under Saddam. Maliki was just returning the favor but if Iraq was to have any chance of remaining a unified country he could not do this. He should have given truly equal rights to all and shared power equally.