Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Steven Spielberg and the Presidents Comment.

As most of us know - Steven Spielberg has brought many wonderful genres of film to the big silver screen.

Including his fictional films such as ET, Close Encounters...just to name a few.

He has gone down in history as being one of the most talented and admired film directors of all time.

He is an avid Ufologist and would also like the full truth "Disclosure" from the Powers that Be.

The late President Ronald Reagan made an interesting remark at one of Spielberg's film screenings at the White House back in 1982.

It was a small, but interesting comment spoken by the President.....with somewhat a stoney face.

Steven Spielberg later acknowledged the Presidents remark as only "being a joke" ?

Link below.

http://silverscreens...berg-knows.html

Edited by Astra00
  • Like 1

Regans comment was used as an example of what would bring nations and people together if faced with a common enemy and it stands true.

• Like 5

Unless the aliens figure out how to bribe the politicians that is.

• Like 5

Regans comment was used as an example of what would bring nations and people together if faced with a common enemy and it stands true.

Gidday Mate!!

This is a different quote from the UN one referring to a private screening of ET at the White House, whereby it is claimed that Reagan said "We know it is all true". It's even stupider. The actual quote is:

He just stood up and he looked around the room, almost like he was doing a headcount, and he said, 'I wanted to thank you for bringing E.T. to the White House. We really enjoyed your movie,' and then he looked around the room and said, 'And there are a number of people in this room who know that everything on that screen is absolutely true.'

Yep, Ronald Reagan thought the movie, ET was an actual event. So the story goes, I actually hope for his sake he was not that stupid.

So somehow UFOlogists seem to think that Melissa Mathison's imagination is a recollection of an actual ET encounter - to be honest it seems a pretty desperate straw grab on the behalf of UFOlogy to me.

This from the man who said: "Facts are stupid things." at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

This does not in any way confirm the likelihood of visitation as far as I can see, it's just yet another embarrassing moment for Ronald Reagan.

url.jpeg

• Like 4

It does sound like a joke to me.

Unless.... Was Ronnie already heading into Alzheimers land?

• Like 2

Reagan was an actor before he was president. He would know exactly what went on 'behind the scenes' during a movie shoot. I doubt he would be stupid enough to believe that ET was a true story. I'd have a hard time believing anyone would.

• Like 2

Unless the aliens figure out how to bribe the politicians that is.

haven't they already?

Joke or not, still interesting.

I agree BR.

url.jpeg

Now that's just plain disrespectful psyche.......fancy something like that coming from you?.....I'm totally gob smacked :o

;)

B)

• Like 3

Now that's just plain disrespectful psyche.......fancy something like that coming from you?.....I'm totally gob smacked :o

;)

B)

Hey, I did not write it, that is available on Amazon, check for yourself.

BNQ2FKMCQAEUFsr.jpg-large1.jpeg

• Like 2

OMG....that image above is ghastly...straight from a horror film.

HEY!!

I Shopped my own face onto that!!

:lol:

• Like 2

HEY!!

Well, thanks for sharing your mug shot for the world to see. Your very nice looking.....*clears throat*.... nah! I truly mean it :whistle:

:cry:

• Like 1

HEY!!

Let me guess, you're the one that looks just like LeBron James?

• Like 1

Let me guess, you're the one that looks just like LeBron James?

Yes, the one in the basket with the big mouth.
  • Like 2

Nice thread Astra... :tu:

This could be an actual case of the early onset of dementia....(sort of but read on)

I know the sceptics love to say anyone over 60 who speaks out about UFO/ET are 'losing their marbles'...

But Reagan really was...I remember a very embarrassing moment many years ago when at some big

function...in his speech....with Charles and Di present, he referred to Diana as Prince David.. :o

Now yes he was becoming ill....but I think that this doesn't mean that what he said wasn't true...

He must have been briefed on Roswell when he became president .... :)

And although he wasn't a full blown freemason...apparently, he was...an honorary member of the Imperial Council of the Shrine.

Which might have been good enough to allow him to have the Roswell info.

http://www.mastermas...epark/pres.html

Ronald Reagan has often been referred to as a Freemason. President Reagan is not a Freemason although he is an honorary member of the Imperial Council of the Shrine. President Reagan has on numerous occasions been involved in Shrine and masonic functions throughout his career.

The confusion as to his membership arises from a ceremony held in the Oval Office of the White House on February 11th, 1988, when a group of Freemasons presented President Reagan with a certificate of honor from the Grand Lodge of Washington, D.C., then he was made an Honourary Scottish Rite mason. The title of Freemason can only be conferred by a Grand Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons. In Reagan's case this was not done, probably because the ceremonies would have taken a full day to confer and the president's time was limited; therefore,President Reagan should only be referred to as a Shriner or Scottish Rite mason. The Shrine and Scottish Rite are concordant bodies and cannot confer the title Freemason on any person.

So what I think is...that his illness probably made him lose-lipped...he must have been a nightmare for his aids

and they could never be sure what he would come out with...

The ET comments that he made (re the film) were said to be a 'joke'....

But he might just have accidently done a little disclosure, being unable to judge what was wise to say and when to shut-up.

We wait for the President of the US to make Disclosure Official...and good old Ronny Reagan did, unofficially though.

But isn't that always the way with this subject...there's always a get-out...or plausible deniability..

So in a way both the 'believers' and the 'sceptics'....can be happy, because neither group actually wins or loses.

The Intelligence Services are clever and cunning, I think.... :D

• Like 1

Thank you Bee....you have put your words in an honest, fair and kind perspective on things in regards to the late Ronald Reagan :)

• Like 1

Remember Space the Final Frontier ! But Old Presidents ? We really dont need them anymore,nor congress,lobbiest, ect. We Need Neil DeGrasse Tyson for Leader of Planet Earth !

• Like 2

Obviously it was a joke and delivered quite well, with straight face, as to elicit an even better response (because of the circumstances, i.e., President delivering statement/joke, astronauts present, etc.). However, even if it wasn't a joke, Reagan would then probably be referring to the government's reaction to the ET/action toward the boy and ET was true rather than that the specific story plot is true.

• Like 1

I hope you all remember the old saying--- 'Many a truth is said in jest." Also worth considering is the fact that dementia can reduce a persons inhibitions. If Mr. Reagan knew something substantial about extraterrestrials at Earth, he might have said more than he was supposed to on this occasion.

The remark was obviously surprising, so its not extraordinary that it produced laughter. This does not definitely establish that it was intended merely as a joke. It's not really clear if a President of the United States would be privy to 'need to know' information about extraterrestrials. This may be decided on a case-by-case basis.

• Like 1

Remember Space the Final Frontier ! But Old Presidents ? We really dont need them anymore,nor congress,lobbiest, ect. We Need Neil DeGrasse Tyson for Leader of Planet Earth !

no thanks, he's an interesting man but his speaking voice? lifeless.

I hope you all remember the old saying--- 'Many a truth is said in jest." Also worth considering is the fact that dementia can reduce a persons inhibitions. If Mr. Reagan knew something substantial about extraterrestrials at Earth, he might have said more than he was supposed to on this occasion.

The remark was obviously surprising, so its not extraordinary that it produced laughter. This does not definitely establish that it was intended merely as a joke. It's not really clear if a President of the United States would be privy to 'need to know' information about extraterrestrials. This may be decided on a case-by-case basis.

I tend to sway towards it being said in jest by Reagan...indicating that he had a dry sense of humour...hence the straight face.

All in all though your post does make a lot of sense.... even Spielberg was at first puzzled by his remark, until he concluded that it was said as a joke.

I doubt he would have wanted to rock the boat to much as far as the White House was concerned in regards to a fleeting remark/joke that Reagan said.

For starters, Spielberg's career in the movie making business may have come to a very short end.

Whether Reagan said it in jest or not..... all that we are really left with, is just more speculation and wonder.

HEY!!

So that's what you look like. Did your wife take that pic just when you stubbed your toe? :w00t: