Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

13 airlines mysteriously vanish from radars

seeder

Investigation under way after 13 airlines mysteriously vanish from radars in Europe for 25 MINUTES in 'unprecedented' incident

The incidents on June 5 and Tuesday saw flight data disappear

A total of 13 planes suddenly vanished on two occasions

A total of 13 aircraft suddenly vanished off radars for about 25 minutes on two occasions while flying over Austria, figures have revealed.

It what is being billed as 'unprecedented', the incidents on June 5 and Tuesday saw the flight data disappear from air controller screens in several countries.

Austria's flight safety organisation said the height, location and other information for a total of 13 aircraft suddenly vanished.

He added that other unnamed neighboring countries had similar incidents and the EU's Eurocontrol, and European Aviation Safety Agency has been asked for a probe.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz34VqYHUpx

ETA: Alt source:

http://rt.com/news/1...adfars-austria/

Edited by seeder

Was it Hackers? Russian military devices being tested? Or the US for that matter? Terrorists?

The CT's shall begin. Then the UFO crowd ! This may be fun!

• Like 1

The fact that it did not affect the military systems, seems to indicate the civilian data processing system experienced a 'glitch'... And since (apparently) Austrialia uses the same system

as Europe does, they experienced the same type 'glitch' (if I understood the translation correctly)... The US has it's own ATC system, and to the best of my knowledge we have

experienced no such large scale problems like this - so I would first look to the software for a solution...

• Like 1

The fact that it did not affect the military systems, seems to indicate the civilian data processing system experienced a 'glitch'... And since (apparently) Austrialia uses the same system

as Europe does, they experienced the same type 'glitch' (if I understood the translation correctly)... The US has it's own ATC system, and to the best of my knowledge we have

experienced no such large scale problems like this - so I would first look to the software for a solution...

Its AUSTRIA, not Australia as the DM article suggested

eta: DM have since corrected their error

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Test balloon for a terrorist act? As the option is given that a jammer was in use I would like to know if such

a device, and with such wide range power, a.) can be build by persons having skills in electronics/radar

technology, b.) is available on the global black market for military devices, c.) can be carried and operated plug+play

in small privat/rental aircrafts or helicopters. If a or b yes and c yes it should be investigated if the begin and the

end of the blackout matches airborne/touchdown time records/time frames of privat/rental aircrafts or helicopters

in the area and around it, with further investigations to follow.

Edited by toast

Test balloon for a terrorist act? As the option is given that a jammer was in use I would like to know if such

a device, and with such wide range power, a.) can be build by persons having skills in electronics/radar

technology, b.) is available on the global black market for military devices, c.) can be carried and operated plug+play

in small privat/rental aircrafts or helicopters. If a or b yes and c yes it should be investigated if the begin and the

end of the blackout matches airborne/touchdown time records/time frames of privat/rental aircrafts or helicopters

in the area and around it, with further investigations to follow.

Well the rather poor goggle translation of the site did say: Such a large-scale disturbance could take place only via satellite. In feature only the U.S., Russia, China and India. What interests should they have to produced such uncertainty? Or succeeded terrorist hackers to penetrate the ground-based data traffic of the air traffic control?

http://kurier.at/chr...rung/69.912.159

By Satellite? That sounds bizarre. Im banking on more earthly explanations

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Well the rather poor goggle translation of the site did say:

It´s in German so no problem.

Here the complete context:

Hearsays from the secret service environment speculate, that ......... such a large-scale disturbance could take place only via

satellite. In feature only the U.S., Russia, China and India. What interests should they have to produced such uncertainty?

Or succeeded terrorist hackers to penetrate the ground-based data traffic of the air traffic control?

By Satellite? That sounds bizarre. Im banking on more earthly explanations

Yeah I would exclude satellite strike also as the area of the black out is not such large. Distances from Vienna: Bratislava 50km,

Prague 250km. Karlsruhe 590km, Munich 350km. BTW, the Alps are parallel to the track Vienna-Munich in a distance of

just approx 50km so I think a ground based jammer placed somewhere in the Alps would be an option as well. (CT!!!!!!!)

• Like 1

As many as 13 planes flying over Europe vanish from radar screens in an "unprecedented" series of blackouts that lasted 25 minutes with claims air traffic control could have been hacked

An air-safety investigation has been launched after 13 planes flying over Europe disappeared from radar screens in two "unprecedented" blackouts, leading to reports stating air traffic control systems had been hacked.

The aircraft went missing from screens across the region in early June, leaving air traffic controllers with no information about their position, direction and height – instead relying on voice communication alone

Read more

• Like 1

* Notice nothing ever goes wrong or breaks down anymore, it must always have been Hacked. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

They are not called the Daily Fail for nothing.....

Could be related to these things... http://www.ibtimes.com/nasa-captures-two-x-class-solar-flares-coronal-mass-ejection-detected-wont-hit-earth-photo-1597382 ...the dates may or may not match up, but, they've been happening quite a lot in the last few years...cyclical or not....or could be them damn gremlins :/ Most likely it'll be attributed to cruddy circuitry, maybe a hacker group or a terrorist or two ;)

• Like 1

Probably it was simply a man made system reflecting it's maker :) But if it IS a device or a string of code then it would be a PERFECT way to insert a commercial cruise missile (say a 777?) into a busy sky too quick for identification before it hit it's target. Israel effected a much larger distance for civilian aircraft to be id'd before they are given permission to approach since that 777 disappeared. Paranoia? Maybe, maybe not. With them it's better safe than sorry.

Investigation under way after 13 airlines mysteriously vanish from radars in Europe for 25 MINUTES in 'unprecedented' incident

The incidents on June 5 and Tuesday saw flight data disappear

A total of 13 planes suddenly vanished on two occasions

A total of 13 aircraft suddenly vanished off radars for about 25 minutes on two occasions while flying over Austria, figures have revealed.

It what is being billed as 'unprecedented', the incidents on June 5 and Tuesday saw the flight data disappear from air controller screens in several countries.

Austria's flight safety organisation said the height, location and other information for a total of 13 aircraft suddenly vanished.

He added that other unnamed neighboring countries had similar incidents and the EU's Eurocontrol, and European Aviation Safety Agency has been asked for a probe.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz34VqYHUpx

ETA: Alt source:

http://rt.com/news/1...adfars-austria/

That is incredibly strange. thanks for that, Seeder.

• Like 1

Could be related to these things... http://www.ibtimes.com/nasa-captures-two-x-class-solar-flares-coronal-mass-ejection-detected-wont-hit-earth-photo-1597382 ...the dates may or may not match up, but, they've been happening quite a lot in the last few years...cyclical or not....or could be them damn gremlins :/ Most likely it'll be attributed to cruddy circuitry, maybe a hacker group or a terrorist or two ;)

That was my guess when I first heard about this as well.

Its AUSTRIA, not Australia as the DM article suggested

eta: DM have since corrected their error

HHHAAAAA :clap:

Thunderstorms ? They could cause RF interference that could - briefly - scramble a data signal.