Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs neither hot nor cold blooded

UM-Bot

Scientists believe they have finally answered the age old question about the nature of dinosaur blood.

Being reptiles, dinosaurs were originally believed to be cold blooded, but as more was learned about their behavior it became more and more likely that they were actually warm blooded like mammals.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/267669/dinosaurs-neither-hot-nor-cold-blooded

Just read this article and wanted to say this thesis seems like a perfectly satisfactory way to dodge the question.

On a side note it will be interesting to see the caloric conversion rates re-figured for this new data. I know, but it does sound interesting to me and just about me alone.

Just read this article and wanted to say this thesis seems like a perfectly satisfactory way to dodge the question.

It clearly states that they were probably mesothermic. How is that dodging the question?

I was too delighted in my pre-coffee whit to fully think before posting.

The mistake is mine.

• Like 1

Funny that the picture is a mammal-like reptile, not a dinosaur. If birds are descended from theropods and birds are warm-blooded, surely theropods were, too. Where did they get dinosaur blood, anyway?

Edited by hammerclaw

Funny that the picture is a mammal-like reptile, not a dinosaur. If birds are descended from theropods and birds are warm-blooded, surely theropods were, too. Where did they get dinosaur blood, anyway. "May have" doesn't make it conclusive.

its not very a scientific answer saying they were probably 'actually somewhere in-between' is it??.. wheres the answer or term I don't understand? who are these scientists??. infact it screams of laziness a bet these scientists were faffing around as they do and it got to clocking off time on a Friday and they were way behind on there work and one of them says 'c'mon mate its home-time' ,..the other says 'but were not done here'..,, he then replied 'ah sod it mann its Friday I cant be assed to finish this task lets just say they were probably somewhere in-between.. and get out of here eh'...'yeah sounds good'.. hahahaha

neither cold nor warm blooded but were actually somewhere in between.

Lukewarm?

Reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears. Not too hot - not too cold. They were 'just right'.

• Like 2

Really wonder if it was the meteor that wiped them out. So much theories on this. If only we could time travel

• Like 1

This is a question i asked a Paleontologist longtime before that whether Dinosaurs are cold blooded or warm blooded and he said,that is not settled yet. I always imagined as some Dinosaurs were cold blooded and some of them being warm blooded.

• Like 1