Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

This midwife probably did not expect to find a baby gecko on the birthing table when she started assisting a mother in labour.

But rather than delivering a healthy newborn baby, she found herself face-to-face with a lizard. Or so she claims.

http://metro.co.uk/2...really-4759613/

• Like 2

She must be Royalty! An illegitimate child abandoned by her Royal mother or father, I reckon. (happens all the time, I heard)

• Like 5

Sounds like one kinky night that was not remembered from next morning's hangover.

• Like 7

Junior Chubb has been here.. no literally... mating with the mother

• Like 3

Jim Morrison was here . . . .

• Like 3

Remember Men In Black? This is definitely one of the head lines that Agent K would have checked out.

• Like 1

Nonsense.

Either the midwife is in on it or that woman shoved the poor gecko up her cooch

• Like 1

Was there a plecenta? if not, then she wasn't prego. Hoax indeed. Although lizard people would be cool. I'd have one as a slave...I mean pet.

Its a hoax of course, but then you knew that, right? :lol: Dont they do ultrasound scans in Indonesia?

quote:

The news that an Indonesian woman gave birth to a lizard took the digital news forum by storm a few days ago but in all honesty, it is just a hoax - a well fabricated lie.

It was reported that an eight-month pregnant woman - identified as 31-year-old Debi Nubatonis - delivered a gecko with the help of a midwife, in the remote village of Oenunto, Indonesia. The outlandish birth caught the imagination of readers the world over but medical experts are now calling it an elaborate hoax. In the meantime, the Indonesian research have also launched an investigation into the matter.

Reports claim that local villagers in Oenunto are outraged with the birth and angry at the woman. Reports suggest the angry villagers want to publicly lynch the woman for giving birth to a gecko. Nubatois is understood to have gone into labour during her eighth month of pregnancy at her home in Kupang, with the assistance of midwife Josephine Lydia Hellen Wadu.

The incident has gained wide publicity both in Indonesia and other countries. The midwife reportedly informed Indonesian news site Kompas that instead of a baby, a lizard - coated in mucus and blood - slithered out of the birth canal of the expectant mother.

A senior Indonesian government medical officer also raised his suspicion on the authenticity of the birth, during a press conference.

"Basically there's something not right here. We are looking into whether this was intentional or not. Clearly the womb must have been empty and this is what's known as pseudocyesis," said Messe Ataupah, Chief Medical Officer of the region, the local news source reported. Ataupah also stressed that such a birth is medically impossible as lizards belong to the reptile family. The human cells normally contain 23 pairs of chromosomes, which is not the same for reptiles, and hence an inter-breeding is out of question.

It is widely suggested that the incident could be a case of Pseudocyesis, also known as false or phantom pregnancy. It's a rare phenomenon where a woman experiences all the symptoms of pregnancy, without an actual foetus. And the chances are that a lizard that might have landed near the woman during the 'delivery' might have been mistaken to have come from the womb.

The bizarre footage of the lizard being ceremoniously weighed at the local hospital has also gone viral.

http://www.ibtimes.c...se-video-602418

and

http://daily.bhaskar...649121-NOR.html

eta additional source

Edited by seeder

It is funny how all the human bugs, birds, lizards DNA interactions are happening in either Indonesia or Thailand.

Edited by qxcontinuum

This is a dis-order. The most famouse case was of Mary Toft who give birth to her fifteen rabbits. Doctors and witnesses could see them leaping in her womb,

This is a good read.

http://www.damninteresting.com/supernatural-bunnymother-surrey/

• Like 1

Junior Chubb has been here.. no literally... mating with the mother

Wait for the DNA results before making accusations...

• Like 2

They named their newborn son David Icke.

Harte

• Like 2

Wait for the DNA results before making accusations...

Jeremy Kyle show for you then!!

• Like 2

Well, the GEICO Gecko was on a walk-about. Maybe he stopped there. :innocent: .

• Like 1

Only thing that could have happened is that her baby was stolen and someone used gecko as an excuse. It sounds stupid but what else could make someone lie like this.

Sorry but as open minded as I am I have to call B O L L O C K S on this one lol.

Just the simple fact that the physiology and the genus are totally different, so wildly different that gestation in my opinion would be surely impossible.

so yes a massive swinging donkey scrotum stamp on this story lol :td:

I guess that's better than giving birth to an elephant.

• Like 1

In related news, the midwife got a great deal on car insurance.

• Like 3

Damnit Grognak! I told you to keep it in your pants! The gig is up, everybody get back on the ships. Navigator, set course for Dracon!

• Like 1