Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abductee Demographics

I ponder as to why it is always *SNIP* taken onto worldly crafts. The notable exception being the betty and barney hill case. What could the greys being learning about walmart shoppers? Maybe aliens really do care about us and they are performing cholesterol and glucose checks on *SNIP*who knows?

Edited by Lilly
rude remarks

I ponder as to why it is always *SNIP*being taken onto worldly crafts. The notable exception being the betty and barney hill case. What could the greys being learning about walmart shoppers? Maybe aliens really do care about us and they are performing cholesterol and glucose checks on *SNIP*, who knows?

Meet Kelly Cahill from Australia, UFO experiencer and abductee.

cahill3.jpg

Edited by Lilly
edit quote

Obviously you haven't done much research on the subject. People from all walks of life claim abduction.

From Police officers to military personnel. Whether if they were abducted or just hallucinating, they aren't

trailer trash.

Edited by Lilly
removed quote (editing is time consuming)
  • Like 1

Obviously you haven't done much research on the subject. People from all walks of life claim abduction.

From Police officers to military personnel. Whether if they were abducted or just hallucinating, they aren't

trailer trash.

He's being intensely cynical. I recognise the style from other people that post here.

He's being intensely cynical. I recognise the style from other people that post here.

I wouldn't call Kelly Cahill trailer trash. :cat: meow

• Like 1

And I just read one of his comments that said America should take Piers Morgan's advice. *SNIP*

Edited by Lilly
removed ad hom comment

Let's begin by posting at least some evidence.

http://www.csicop.or...sleep_paralysis

Some people would like to label Hawkin an "idiot" without presenting evidence. Some people try to post a single image and try to infer some general condition from that single case.

I've notice that even if a link is posted on cases, people will disregard it anyway because they're minds are already made up

before they give it the benefit of the doubt. I think it's call Preconceived Opinion. To me that's idiotic.

I've notice that even if a link is posted on cases, people will disregard it anyway because they're minds are already made up

before they give it the benefit of the doubt. I think it's call Preconceived Opinion. To me that's idiotic.

Does anyone have any information on the demographics? It seems that as it stands it is mostly tossing out a few cases. Are the military people the norm or outliers? Are police the norm or outliers? Are trailer trash the norm or outliers? Is there even a type of person that is abducted? I certainly do not know. I'm looking.

Does anyone have any information on the demographics? It seems that as it stands it is mostly tossing out a few cases. Are the military people the norm or outliers? Are police the norm or outliers? Are trailer trash the norm or outliers? Is there even a type of person that is abducted? I certainly do not know. I'm looking.

The demographics are all over the place. You'd be surprised how many are connected to the military.

The demographics are all over the place. You'd be surprised how many are connected to the military.

Are you suggesting that there is no norm? There is no trait many people claiming abductions express such as income range, education level, career path, etc. ?

Then surprise me about the military. Looking forward to see the evidence.

It seems to affect all walks of life. I don't have that info but one could contact ICAR and maybe they can provide some info on it.

ICAR is a center where they interview claimed abductees. http://www.ufoabduction.com

Are you suggesting that there is no norm? There is no trait many people claiming abductions express such as income range, education level, career path, etc. ?

Then surprise me about the military. Looking forward to see the evidence.

You can Google the abduction accounts.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

Here is a site trying to help abductees

http://www.stopabductions.com/

HOLY CRAP!TM

That was very entertaining! :lol:

I'm going to go make my own thought screen helmet. I know my wife will try to talk me out of it but that just means the aliens have gotten to her.

Good grief... :lol:

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 4

There are only " abductees " where television, magazines, internet, etc. are available.

The people not having this brain washing ( tribes in South America, Africa, Russia, Alaska, etc. ) do not have this issue.

• Like 6

You can Google the abduction accounts.

Can you tell us why a search engine is a poor manner in which to perform an analysis of this type?

Can you tell us why a search engine is a poor manner in which to perform an analysis of this type?

What else do you want from the internet?

What else do you want from the internet?

Such a survey will end up being a biased, and likely a highly biased survey. All that will be encountered are those stories which have been pushed to the foreground and have little chance of representing a cross section of actual cases to survey.

The internet is a terrible place to survey. It is a joke when attempting to run an unbiased sampling scheme.

Have any astrophysicists or astronomers ever been abducted?

If they have they will not disclose it I bet.

Worth researching though; I'll give it some thought.

Such a survey will end up being a biased, and likely a highly biased survey. All that will be encountered are those stories which have been pushed to the foreground and have little chance of representing a cross section of actual cases to survey.

The internet is a terrible place to survey. It is a joke when attempting to run an unbiased sampling scheme.

Personal accounts, not surveys.

• Like 1

Personal accounts, not surveys.

The issue is that a survey cannot be all inclusive. There are limited resources. Thus a small number is chosen to represent the whole. This is called sampling. If the sample is not chosen properly then the results deviate from the correct answer. Using an improper sampling technique is not fixed by doing more work. A good example of this was the Adlai Stevenson vs FDR election in the US in 1924. It represents the largest survey ever taken for a political campaign. Over 1 million people were surveyed and yet they got the election prediction stunningly wrong. The reason was that they were using the new "internet" of their day. It was the telephone. The problem was that people that had a phone and answered the phone voted very differently than those without a phone or not answering the phone.

The internet tends to be dominated by younger people. Surveys done online are completed by younger people. Many stories posted online are done so by younger people. Even if you want to argue that any of these are not correct you need to look at any online surveys that will tell you these very same issues are at play. Places justifying the online surveys will do so by performing one or more proper surveys or by comparing results of the survey with the events they are interested in studying.

• Like 2