Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Brightman to go in to space next year

UM-Bot

The English soprano is set to pay $54 million for a ten day stint aboard the International Space Station.

The 53-year-old ex-wife of billionaire composer Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber is hoping to be the first professional singer to perform in space after securing a trip to the ISS with the space tourism company Space Adventures.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/267778/sarah-brightman-to-go-in-to-space-next-year

• Like 2

Great.....The acoustics are just perfect for her type of voice! (Especially if the mic is switched off!)

• Like 1

If this doesn't invite an alien attack I don't know what will.

• Like 1

And we should care, why? Same goes for Gaga. Nothing but a publicity stunt. Unless the space station has artificial gravity, it might be fun to watch.

I don't see anything wrong with this and she can afford it so why not. I happen to like Sarah Brightman although I know she can be a bit highbrow with some of her songs, overall she's a first class singer I think. Good luck to her!

• Like 1

Thats Out of this world!

It's good to know that fabulously wealthy people can throw away money on things like inherently safe space travel.

I think a charity should be made to pay for Justin Bieber to go into space, then fire him away....far far away into the universe...after all wouldn't we pay good money to know he wasn't on the planet anymore?

It will answer the question of alien life in the universe as well.....once they hear him in the deepest reaches of space, they will reveal themselves just to execute him and shut him up.... :yes:

Note the the money isn't "throw" away or on fire or something. It is given to the government and could be use to invest on science and other "space" stuffs

Can we start a petition to leave her there?

• Like 2

If I would had 54.000.051,68 USD, I would do the trip. :yes:

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

Must we have the same boringly predictable, unintelligent, anti-Sarah Brightman comments every time there is a thread on her space trip? I'm no fan of her music but people at least show some originality.

If I would had 54.000.050 USD, I would do the trip. :yes:

Me to.

Must we have the same boringly predictable, unintelligent, anti-Sarah Brightman comments every time there is a thread on her space trip?

Yes :)

BTW how many times has this story popped up?

• Like 1

I can't WAIT for her to go into space!

Edited by acute

Think I'll wait till they give tours to the Apollo sites on the moon :lol:

post-103357-0-56579000-1402960048_thumb.

Edited by Hawkin

If I would had 54.000.051,68 USD, I would do the trip. :yes:

If I had that much I'd invest it in several acres of land with my own homestead. :yes:

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 1

Biggest waste of time and money.

Since it's her time and money, she gets to decide whether or not it is a waste.

• Like 1

Why all the wet grumpy replies? :td:

This is fantastic. Sarah Brightman is one of the best singers England has in modern times and she's now going to be an astronaut. What a great role model she is to girls.

Edited by Rose-Red Howler

i dunno, with these money she could hire a team of experts building her own space shuttle.

Note the the money isn't "throw" away or on fire or something. It is given to the government and could be use to invest on science and other "space" stuffs

The money is going to a tourist company who've bribed the Russian government. I don't think a lot of "investing" in space stuffs will be going on.

i dunno, with these money she could hire a team of experts building her own space shuttle.

You really don't know how much a space shuttle cost do you?

It cost $1.7 billion to build the last shuttle, Endeavour. On top of that each mission cost an additional $450 million.

$54 million is, comparatively speaking, a bargain.

• Like 2

To me the flight engineer on her mission is a lot more interesting.

Andreas Mogensen (ESA) will be the first Dane in Space :tu:

(Unfortunatly I was busy when they asked me !)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mogensen

Waspie_Dwarf has allready posted a thread about him:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262647

• Like 1