Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hitler planned to bring back extinct aurochs

UM-Bot

Nazi scientists had once planned to use selective breeding to bring an extinct cow species back to life.

Orchestrated by Hitler and overseen by infamous SS officer Hermann Goering, the plan was to bring aurochs, the 7ft tall horned ancestors to modern cows that went extinct in the 17th century, back to life as part of a propaganda exercise.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/267780/hitler-planned-to-bring-back-extinct-aurochs

• Like 2

Is there anything the Nazis never planned?

(apart from the obvious like Rap music and Russian Jewish billionaires etc)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 7

Herman Goring wasn't in the SS which doesn't bode well for the rest of the programme,I've never come across any reference to this before

• Like 3

This is auroch sh#t!

Nazi stories are rife among these conspiracy sites! Raising the devil, looking for the entrance to "inner earth" searching the globe for magical artifacts, working along side aliens! Whats gona be next!

• Like 3

This is auroch sh#t!

Nazi stories are rife among these conspiracy sites! Raising the devil, looking for the entrance to "inner earth" searching the globe for magical artifacts, working along side aliens! Whats gona be next!

Collaborations with Sasquatch, only blonde, blue-eyed ones of course.

• Like 4

Yeah that is perfect Nazi logic right there, let's breed them back into existence so a fat imbecile b a s t a r d like Hermann Goering can go and hunt them to extinction, megalomania springs to mind.....

Edited by Silent Trinity
  • Like 2

Had Hitler not invested so much time and resources into conjering genes and hunting unicorns, WW2 may have panned out slightly more in his favour!

• Like 1

On a more serious note, it is possible that some modern European cattle have genes of this extinct species and they could be partially brought back through back-breeding. However, we would need some DNA from the extinct bovine, which may or may not exist in bone marrow, skins, etc., for a comparison. Back breeding can only do so much, you will always have bits of hybrid origin in the offspring.

As for what Hitler and his cohorts were doing, they had their hands full with the Allied bombing raids and the Russian winter, cows where probably not a high priority.

This post goes well with the previously posted stat on what percentage of people believe in at least one conspiracy.

Didn't Hitler escape to the south pole where he has been living ever since?

On a more serious note, it is possible that some modern European cattle have genes of this extinct species and they could be partially brought back through back-breeding. However, we would need some DNA from the extinct bovine, which may or may not exist in bone marrow, skins, etc., for a comparison. Back breeding can only do so much, you will always have bits of hybrid origin in the offspring.

As for what Hitler and his cohorts were doing, they had their hands full with the Allied bombing raids and the Russian winter, cows where probably not a high priority.

They were just looking for more bull to throw around. :rofl:

Didn't Hitler escape to the south pole where he has been living ever since?

Im sure Hitler had a sex change and I married him :(

Had Hitler not invested so much time and resources into conjering genes and hunting unicorns, WW2 may have panned out slightly more in his favour!

Well actually, it was his fervor to destroy the Jews that was ultimately his downfall. At the end of the war, he (Hitler) would divert trains that would have been for logistical purposes (I.E., food and munitions for his frontline troops) and diverted them to transport Jews to concentration camps for extermination (murder),leaving his army out of ammo and hungry, not a good recipe for victory. Not to mention that He was a huge meth head (Super Vitanin) and its thought that he also suffered from latter stages of Syphilis (which was thought to be the cause of his extreme paranoia)
  • Like 1

Just a reminder that this was the same guy who also (supposedly) wanted to contact an alien race to boost his government.

Did I forget to say that he also (according to some crazy guys) wanted to awaken the totally legit Lizard People from underground?

Sometimes, I just wonder what goes through peoples' heads when they believe this stuff.

What a load of Bull...

• Like 2

What a load of Bull...

I guess I am the only one that caught it. Nice play on words.
  • Like 1

I guess I am the only one that caught it. Nice play on words.

I am sure a few noticed it, they just have higher standards than you and I. :)

• Like 2

The only thing that comes to mind after reading this is, " I could really go for a hamburger now"!

• Like 1

Sadly it's true.
  • Like 2

I bet you both to that joke if you care to peruse the previous posts!

I bet you both to that joke if you care to peruse the previous posts!

Similar, but remember...

Mimicry is a form of flattery. :)

So Jurassic Park could have easily been Hitler's idea. To think he might have dropped T-Rex's on Britain!

To think he might have dropped T-Rex's on Britain!

We had Marc Bolan do that instead...

Edited by Junior Chubb