Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Aliens Question?

HMS Dreadnought

I was watching an episode the other day, one about Merlin etc where as they basically represented this myth as utter factual British history & it got me to thinking to the "experts" actually believe this nonsense themselves or do they just spin these yarns for monetary gains? When I hear people actually saying stuff on the programme like Big Foot is an alien prisoner doing time on this planet it truly makes me wonder whether they actually believe this themselves or have gotten to the stage where they believe people are so idiotic that they can make money chatting any old spiel?

• Like 1

I'm not sure if they believe it or not but the frightening thing is people believe THEM! It amazes me the total nonsense people believe that they see online and on television.I only saw one episode of Ancient Aliens,I thought we put that garbage to bed in the 70s when Von Daniken was thoroughly debunked,but alas it still continues

• Like 1

I find myself staring at the television in disbelief that the nonsense is portrayed as fact by the "experts" & I seriously find it hard to believe that they can actually believe the stuff themselves, I'm sure in the next series Robin Hood's bow & arrow will turn out to be..... read this bit in a David Childress voice....."Advanced alien weaponry technology" :no:

• Like 3

I was watching an episode the other day, one about Merlin etc where as they basically represented this myth as utter factual British history & it got me to thinking to the "experts" actually believe this nonsense themselves or do they just spin these yarns for monetary gains? When I hear people actually saying stuff on the programme like Big Foot is an alien prisoner doing time on this planet it truly makes me wonder whether they actually believe this themselves or have gotten to the stage where they believe people are so idiotic that they can make money chatting any old spiel?

Aaah yes I saw that one. I generally tend to put the H2 channel on when I go to bed, honestly I might recommend it to medical professionals as a prescription for people suffering from Insomnia.

The 'Experts' on the show are generally Authors of some obscure 'insert conspiracy theory here' tosh. As to whether they believe it? Probably somewhere deep down they know it's a load of rubbish. The sad truth is that I would suggest a lot of these people have been duped by those 'Experts' that came before them.

As with the majority of the stuff in this genre and other related genres, they play a game with you. Clearly there are theories here that cannot be quantified, and are based on events that are impossible to recollect or in the most part evidence. So they propose this twaddle, and for the most part it sounds plausible. However, and here is the crux of the game, everything they submit is prefixed by a very simple but clever form of verbal disclosure. They ask before each submission... "Is it possible that <Insert rediculous Ancient Alien Theory here>". They then follow that up with "Yes it is". Which then leaves the viewer with the positive bit at the end, and generally little or no recollection of the former, so a naive viewer comes away believing all this silliness has been researched and is real, but if that person ever gets wise to the dupe, the perpetrator can just claim that they were asking if it were possible. And of course because none of this can ever be confirmed, we have to sit there and sigh and say: 'yes crazy haired dude, I suppose it is possible. But then so is anything else.'

I would suggest money is the key to the majority of it though, particularly with Giorgio, who clearly is not a stupid man. That point I think speaks for itself.

• Like 4

The program is rubbish in my opinion, watched mostly by the gullible believers who dont or cant question what they see and hear. There have been numerous and painfully long winded threads here on the subject if one cares to search!

Its fiction and fantasy, and thats it!

IMDB has it down as: Genres: Documentary, Fantasy, Special Interest, Science Fiction, Live action, Mystery, Paranormal television, Historical fiction

So its a bit like asking how truthful is Dr Who! :lol:

Now for a thorough debunking heres a couple of links

Ancient Aliens Debunked is a 3 hour refutation of the theories proposed on the History Channel series Ancient Aliens. It is essentially a point by point critique of the “ancient astronaut theory” which has been proposed by people like Erich von Däniken and Zecharia Sitchin as well as many others. -

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

and

This special collection brings together in one place all of my essays, articles, and blog posts refuting and criticizing the AATs most outrageous claims and outright frauds. I will keep this special collection updated as I post new material on the ignorance and lies AATs attempt to pass of as knowledge and truth.

http://www.jasoncola...lien-fraud.html

Edited by seeder
  • Like 5

Like finding bigfoot, ghost hunters, ghost adventures, psychic kids, etc....

People keep watching it, so the networks make $$$ with advertising.

It is all about the $$$.

Not educational at all.

• Like 2

Ah yes an old favourite of mine.

Prove that this was done by crude tools and stone age brains and I'll believe you.

12_Sided_Stone.jpg

I contend that it's impossible because:

1) No one has replicated it in modern or even classic times.

2) The precision is unachievable by crude means.

3) Inspection of the stonework reveals signs of intense heat indicating that the stones were somehow melted.

Until then it's a highly moot and open question.

There will until the issue is solved continue to be a huge anti-mainstream movement, and we can expect many more AA book, authors and documentaries.

Z

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Prove that this was done by crude tools and stone age brains and I'll believe you.

3) Inspection of the stonework reveals signs of intense heat indicating that the stones were somehow melted.

There will until the issue is solved continue to be a huge anti-mainstream movement, and we can expect many more AA book, authors and documentaries.

Nurse_Call_thumb_zps77c50684.jpg

• Like 5

Ancient Aliens Debunked is a 3 hour refutation of the theories proposed on the History Channel series Ancient Aliens. It is essentially a point by point critique of the “ancient astronaut theory” which has been proposed by people like Erich von Däniken and Zecharia Sitchin as well as many others. -

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

and

This special collection brings together in one place all of my essays, articles, and blog posts refuting and criticizing the AATs most outrageous claims and outright frauds. I will keep this special collection updated as I post new material on the ignorance and lies AATs attempt to pass of as knowledge and truth.

http://www.jasoncola...lien-fraud.html

Thanks for the links! Interesting information!

I personally do not watch Ancient Aliens and I do believe is science-fiction and everything exposed there should not be taken seriously. It's a good fiction work.

What actually p***es me off it's the fact that people believe that original cultures and people were not clever enough to build and to learn different kinds of skills. It's outrageous. Such an insult to early cultures. "It must have been done by aliens because Incas were too dumb to do it" Yeah sure. That people should start studying ancient cultures, they will be surprised.

Edited by MrBene
  • Like 6

No you won't.

• Like 5

Try me. Please put forward your case.

I have seen numerous answers on several topics shown to you, ( that solve them 100% ) even on this topic. You either ignore, or refuse to acknowledge them.

I will not waste my time.

• Like 6

I have seen numerous answers on several topics shown to you, ( that solve them 100% ) even on this topic. You either ignore, or refuse to acknowledge them.

I will not waste my time.

I'll check up on your progress later. Who knows you may have something new?

Try me. Please put forward your case.

Remember how many threads on this subject you have gotten closed zoser? And do not forget you have been asked not to start posting rock pics all over as many threads as you can

REPORT_5260380_lrg.jpg

Who knows you may have something new?

God knows you never will.

• Like 3

TV = 1 Gigantic Crapfest

• Like 5

TV = 1 Gigantic Crapfest

The AA documentaries have brought the whole subject back into public focus though. Von D and the others planted the original seeds, but others have now taken up the cause.

Chris Dunn et al. Some from an orthodox background who not necessarily advocate aliens they do still reject mainstream ideas.

Z

Yes, your favorite failure. My favorite laugh in all of this is the falsehood that there is any sign of intense heat let along melting or softening of the rock. You really need to invent a better fairy tale.

• Like 3

The AA documentaries have brought the whole subject back into public focus though. Von D and the others planted the original seeds, but others have now taken up the cause.

Chris Dunn et al. Some from an orthodox background who not necessarily advocate aliens they do still reject mainstream ideas.

EVD did write up some of the early lies but he was not the first.

Was it from this show that you borrowed the lie that the rocks show signs of intense heat or was that someone else telling the lie?

• Like 2

Yes, your favorite failure.

Now now stereologist, the OP question was about the validity and beliefs of the people who appear in the shows, not about zosers one trick pony diversions to his fave subject

• Like 2

Perhaps you didn't pay close attention to what they were saying?

Maybe you missed their saying "Could it be that Big Foot is this, that or the other?"

COULD IT BE? Note the question mark at the end.

It is theoretical Cartman, not necessarily factual. :tu:

Right, "could it be". Could it be that you all are just a hallucination or something I'm dreaming. Prove that I'm awake and lucid and please site references!!

AA is silly hogwash.

I have watched a few episodes, and it's nonsense. Some of the errors are so egregious I have to say they are knowingly exploiting the ignorance of their audience.

Some of the people involved seem to me to absolute frauds who knowingly prey on the gullible.

• Like 3

It was proven and you still refused the explanation, you are just here to talk endlessly about your fantasies, get over yourself, you're not interesting.

• Like 4

I find myself staring at the television in disbelief that the nonsense is portrayed as fact by the "experts" & I seriously find it hard to believe that they can actually believe the stuff themselves, I'm sure in the next series Robin Hood's bow & arrow will turn out to be..... read this bit in a David Childress voice....."Advanced alien weaponry technology" :no:

LOL, love it, of course man could not make a bow and arrow all by himself, look at the math involved, this has to be alien ROFLLOL

:tu:

You're off to a good start mate!!

I think you answer your own questions, these "eggsperts" are self proclaimed and not "experts" at all.

To pick up some great detail about the rubbish these people try to pass of to the more gullible out there, this link Ancient Aliens Debunked is an excellent refutation of the entire bag of nonsense - enjoy it :D

This guy has done some awesome work removing the smoke and mirrors UFOlogists have been carefully putting into place for the last few decades as well - LINK Jason Colavito

Welcome to UM, always good to see another thinker on board!!

ETA I see seeder already gave you these links, they are a very good resource.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2