Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dentists aim for drill-free future

Still Waters

A new idea to encourage teeth to repair themselves may see the end of the fear-inducing sound of the dentist's drill, researchers say.

Researchers at King's College London believe electricity can be used to strengthen a tooth by forcing minerals into the layer of enamel.

They hope it will get rid of the need for drills, injections and fillings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-27866399

• Like 1

I wish they'd find a replacement for the novocaine injection. That needle to the gum would bring a tear to a glass eye.

"You'll feel a slight scratch"???? Grr.

Whatever.

Years ago we were all told about how lasers would be used to zap away only the decay and leave the healthy part as drilling always meant that a large portion of healthy tooth was removed too.

They showed offices where it was in use and showed promise but a couple of decades or so later and what do we have now? Drills.

Sorry to say but I do not see this going anywhere either.

I wish they'd find a replacement for the novocaine injection. That needle to the gum would bring a tear to a glass eye.

"You'll feel a slight scratch"???? Grr.

I had a injection delivered once to my lip and another time to my nose. Hurt like hell and made my eyes water. The lip was worse and they did this tome as a small kid too.

What is worse is that some dentists seem to think your mouth is a portable dart board. "Grrrr" indeed.

I'm still waiting on the injection that causes a new tooth to simply grow in.

• Like 1

Hopefully they will make some progress in this area. There is nothing worse then an injection in your mouth, i hate them dentists.