Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Black Truck Following Close Behind

ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

Hey Everyone!

Im not sure where to post this thread, but here goes my story.

Around 2011, when I around 18-19, I was living with what is now my ex. We were working the midnight shift part time cleaning The Fillmore Auditorioum (Denver, Colorado, maybe some of you know about it?) from 12am to 4am.

When we were done, I decided to drive us home. And it was very dark still obviously, almost no cars on the road. Suddenly this big black truck with bright headlights starts driving very close behind us and I was telling my ex that this didnt feel right. The truck kept close behind for a good maybe 4 or 5 minutes then it just slowed down amd disappeared into another street.

I did feel a little scared cuz it was still midnight.

Whatever it was I was glad it just left us alone.

Has anybody ever had any similar experiences? Or something even more creepy?

Probably just some drunk/drugged up driver or gang member. Maybe if you stopped or yelled at them or anything they would have killed you. Could have been your natural instincts kicking in that let you know that you were in potential danger. Trust your instincts.

• Like 2

Another possibility:

If you were concerned (big black truck) you were probably driving slower than you realize and the other driver was just tailgating. He/she got mad and eventually turned off after showing you, by following you closely shining his brights, that he was p***ed at your slow driving. Tailgaters can be bullies or not even notice/care they drive like that. The other driver could have meant to turn down the street they disappeared down, anyway.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Another possibility:

If you were concerned (big black truck) you were probably driving slower than you realize and the other driver was just tailgating. He/she got mad and eventually turned off after showing you, by following you closely shining his brights, that he was p***ed at your slow driving. Tailgaters can be bullies or not even notice/care they drive like that. The other driver could have meant to turn down the street they disappeared down, anyway.

Not to mention, at that time of morning, it was probably a guy trying to make deliveries and was p***ed you were driving so slow.

• Like 1

tailgating happens a lot in the UK, no matter what time of the day/night,

seems like it was in a rush to get home or somewhere

Edited by ThesillyfunnyguyIDK
  • Like 1

I've had several situations in which I believed a vehicle was following, one time a white van followed my mother and I for close to an hour. When we pulled into our subdivision the van cut off in the other direction, I honestly don't believe they were following us I just think it was coincidence, imagination and paranoia which led me to believe we were actually being followed.

• Like 1

Another possibility:

Nah. I was driving at the speed limit of aproximately 35 or 40 MPH. And there were 2 lanes!! Enough space for the darn driver to drive in.

Not to mention, at that time of morning, it was probably a guy trying to make deliveries and was p***ed you were driving so slow.

We will never know. You could be right. I could be right. We both could be wrong. It could have been any number of situations, other than something, I believe, the OP may be looking for...

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Nah. I was driving at the speed limit of aproximately 35 or 40 MPH. And there were 2 lanes!! Enough space for the darn driver to drive in.

I don't know from the OP how many lanes there were, who was in what lane and if "you" could have easily passed the OP in less than the 3-4 minutes it took you, and been done with it, Immortal.

That is why I also said you stayed in your lane because you intended to turn off at the street you turned off at anyway. And not even notice you were upsetting or creeping out the driver in front of you with you big bad black truck.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Could be worse, I had some jack*** tailgating me last night in a black truck with two LED "light bars" lit up, one on the roof of the truck, one on the grill. It was blinding, looked like the sun coming up behind me. I'm pretty sure doing so is illegal (or should be), but no police around.

Best thing to do (if you can) if you are on a four lane road is just slow down until the tailgater passes you. On a two land road you either have to pull over or speed up and hope they back off. Doubt this was anything paranormal.

• Like 1

Hey Everyone!

Im not sure where to post this thread, but here goes my story.

Around 2011, when I around 18-19, I was living with what is now my ex. We were working the midnight shift part time cleaning The Fillmore Auditorioum (Denver, Colorado, maybe some of you know about it?) from 12am to 4am.

When we were done, I decided to drive us home. And it was very dark still obviously, almost no cars on the road. Suddenly this big black truck with bright headlights starts driving very close behind us and I was telling my ex that this didnt feel right. The truck kept close behind for a good maybe 4 or 5 minutes then it just slowed down amd disappeared into another street.

I did feel a little scared cuz it was still midnight.

Whatever it was I was glad it just left us alone.

Has anybody ever had any similar experiences? Or something even more creepy?

F.B.I. checking your car and number plate maybe.

Could be worse, I had some jack*** tailgating me last night in a black truck with two LED "light bars" lit up, one on the roof of the truck, one on the grill. It was blinding, looked like the sun coming up behind me. I'm pretty sure doing so is illegal (or should be), but no police around.

Best thing to do (if you can) if you are on a four lane road is just slow down until the tailgater passes you. On a two land road you either have to pull over or speed up and hope they back off. Doubt this was anything paranormal.

I'm not saying that it was something paranormal, but you never know. I remember my ex telling me not to get scared to just keep driving and not drive any faster, though he said it WAS very weird.

I'm not saying that it was something paranormal, but you never know. I remember my ex telling me not to get scared to just keep driving and not drive any faster, though he said it WAS very weird.

There's no reason to believe it was paranormal. I have had a similar incident, although the truck was not black. I was driving home with a friend on a highway and the truck behind me suddenly started behaving erratically, like he was playing with us. First he drove right up our asses, I sped up at first but so did he, so I went back down to normal speed thinking he would overtake. He didn't right away, just kept riding our butts, backing off, loudly revving his engine and riding our butts again several times. We were both starting to get a little panicked. Then he overtook us and we though "thank god", I even slowed down to make sure he got way ahead and out of our way. But no, he proceeded back into our lane in front of us and then slowed down, I mean RIGHT DOWN, at least 20kms under the speed limit and counting. So I changed to the overtaking lane and attempted to pass, he sped right up, I reverted to driving behind him and slowed down to get that distance thing happening again. He slowed down again, this time as we inevitably got closer he drove his

wheels onto the gravel shoulder and revved, throwing gravel at my windscreen. I changed back to the overtaking lane and avoided having my windscreen blown out by sheer luck I think.

The only thing that ended our ordeal was that we were approaching a built up area with a shopping strip and lights. I turned off into a service station and he continued, thankfully.

I never thought it was paranormal, I thought it was an ape brained all night trucker having cheap fun with whoever happened to be available to mess with. We were so shook up we didn't even get his number plate but we told the service station owner what had happened and he said he would report it to the police who would hopefully respond with some late night patrols of the road to see if he tries it again on someone else (assuming he was travelling a regular route for his co).

I would be driving the speed limit or just above and someone would tailgate me then pass because the limit is too slow for them.

A lot of people drive well past the speed limit.

Hate it when that happens. I just drive even slower. :no:

I certainly slow down for tailgaters if they have the ability to pass me. They usually get the idea, move on and begin tailgating someone else. I ABSOLUTELY do this if I'm being tailgated on the highway, there is NO excuse for someone to do that on a multi-lane road at 70 or 80 mph. When my son started driving I told him that was one of the most important rules of the road: maintaining a lot of distance between you and the car ahead, because sometimes things happen very fast and you want time to react. It's a simple matter of physics and reaction time. If you have to stop suddenly, it's likely a tailgater will not be able to do the same.

I suppose you could also slam on the breaks then hit the accelerator, but with road rage being what it is, that could get you shot!

Paranormal or not, whatever... the murder vibe and vibes people give are real, you can't convince me otherwise... dunno if you can send them in long range or not, but I'm pretty sure you can. Long-range presense/consciousness, basic instinct responding & of course you shouldn't deny the conditioning like the usual horror movie etc threatening setting in that situation, the "what would you usually think if this happened in this situation" aspect.

The best action to take when being followed by another vehicle is to make 3 consecutive left turns, if the car is still following...it's following you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to find out if someone is following you-you pick a block you know and all right or left turns around it - at the 3rd turn they ussually back off because they know - theyve been made-but some will go around 4th turn & keep on you-you need to pull in to closest law enforcement parking lot you know of honking & flashing lights

Voice recording from inside the black truck (unconfimed):

"Whats that??? What is that guy doing there??? Its 3am, speed limit is 70mph and this °°@§'*# is at 45mph.

Hell!! Common, I`m in a hurry, dude. Oh no, now at 40mph! WTF!!!!!!!! Stupid *snip*!! Keep your ****ng Toyota

lemon away from here!!! The right pedal, you must press the right pedal, moron!!! Its unbelievably! Oh s***,

ban on passing for the next 5 miles. Jesus, now at 35mph!! Hey, ******!!!, hurry up, you *snip*of a @#°°/! 70mph,

you can go 70mph here , *snip*!!! *snip! **** ** *** Guantanomo and ***** by ** **** *snip! twice, °°@§'*#!!!

Edited by toast

Every time something tailgates me, night or day, I wish it was paranormal. That would be cool, and less chances I'm going to be harmed by it. I'm paranoid, but I usually fear non-paranormal reasons, like what others fear, and it's someone that is following you for a reason. I tend to pay attention to that driver, constant glances in the rear view mirror. Usually, my fear is unwarranted, I hope, and they turn off. Although this was during the day, I had an experience with a fast black truck. It was exactly last year, driving fast, had no bleeping clue, and should have, of what I was trying to do, and hit my side. And the guy was belligerent. Cop did ticket him though. I am really beginning to think all the tailgaters are just happen to be going our way. The thing for me is, it seems to be a lot of really really bad drivers on the road these days. They make me more nervous than a paranormal truck.

George Ford is a noob at life. Everyone knows alcohol and weed are awesome. Neither make you a bugged out killer. Idiot.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2