Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nature is so beautiful and magical

LostSouls7

I love nature just think. Glowing light bugs. Flowing bio luminece mushrooms and even water! Glowing jelly fish. It's all so magical ! Also the way herbs can help you sleep. How certain veggies and leaves give you tons of energy. It shows that nature and the natural way of things is much more powerful than that of big business. I mean soda is so bad for you, it makes me sick when I drink it. when I drink water or herbs I feel great and powerful and potent...

It's just great to learn about all the aspects of nature and how it helps us heal. But hell I just love glowing magical things ! Things that glow with no electric energy or batteries.. just naturally glowing.. now that's magic.. that is spiritual !

I feel so much happier getting away from my old church and connecting directly to nature and the universe... its break taking.. and like seeing life for the first time... many magical adventures.. await.. and i am excited!!

call me crazy but I love life right now :tu:

• Like 5

Ah yes the great out doors don't you just love to go for a leisurely stroll through the woods and take in all the sights & sounds and beauty of the wilderness as you stroll across an open field of wild purple flowers that just happen to be a poisonous plant as you now stumble blindlessly to a cliff & fall 15m to the rocks below & as you try to stand on your 1 good leg a sharp pain hits your ankle with blurred eyes you look down to see a striped slithery thing disappear into the grass then you suddenly hear a noise behind you as you turn to look with the blazing hot sun beating down on your face you can just make out a fuzzy woodland creature now the sights & sounds you experience is your flesh being ripped of your body. Ha ha only joking i love taking my dog for a walk through the bushland as its so peaceful. :yes:

• Like 1

The only place I feel safe and at peace is when I am in nature. Even with all the gators, snakes, bears, etc... It is people who

scare me.

Once you connect with the Earth, she embraces you.

• Like 5

I love nature just think. Glowing light bugs. Flowing bio luminece mushrooms and even water! Glowing jelly fish. It's all so magical ! Also the way herbs can help you sleep. How certain veggies and leaves give you tons of energy. It shows that nature and the natural way of things is much more powerful than that of big business. I mean soda is so bad for you, it makes me sick when I drink it. when I drink water or herbs I feel great and powerful and potent...

It's just great to learn about all the aspects of nature and how it helps us heal. But hell I just love glowing magical things ! Things that glow with no electric energy or batteries.. just naturally glowing.. now that's magic.. that is spiritual !

I feel so much happier getting away from my old church and connecting directly to nature and the universe... its break taking.. and like seeing life for the first time... many magical adventures.. await.. and i am excited!!

call me crazy but I love life right now :tu:

There's really no magic to it. It's science. Pure and simple.

• Like 5

There's really no magic to it. It's science. Pure and simple.

I have always found science to be very magical and wonderous. Magic is a state of mind.

• Like 3

I have always found science to be very magical and wonderous. Magic is a state of mind.

I have always felt the same way, that science is magic in and of itself. (think quantum theory)

I've been out in the garden a lot so far this year, all my roses are finally opening up. It's so soothing.

It's fabulous

• Like 2

Nature is cold and indifferent. Nature could care less about you.

Sure, some it is seen as esthetically pleasing, but underneath you will find nature "red in tooth and claw".

Edited by redhen
  • Like 2

Get yourself out in nature for a little while even in good weather and without civilization you will die. I guess there are a few who could make it, assuming they have tools of modern technology, for maybe a few years. Nature is cold and indifferent and does not care about us nor about the animals who have to constantly be alert and fearful and hungry and eventually die painfully violent deaths from predation or disease anyway.

Even the selection of "pretty pictures" is misleading. They are chosen to sell books and so on. There are plenty of things to see that believe me are not pretty.

• Like 3

Don't let all the naysayers rain on your parade. I spend about 50% of my daylight hours outside, enjoying nature and it never ceases to surprise me: a sky full of "UFO" lenticular clouds, a double rainbow, a bioluminescent Click Beetle, a Black Racer navigating through a chain link fence, even encroaching jungle tearing apart man's stone temples.

Of course nature can be dangerous, there's disease, wild animals or just the ravages of time. But I feel sorry for people who only see those things and ignore the rest. Sometimes you really do need to stop and smell the flowers.

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 4

Even the selection of "pretty pictures" is misleading. They are chosen to sell books and so on. There are plenty of things to see that believe me are not pretty.

Sometimes when debating theodicy, specifically the problem of natural evil, when I encounter an obstinate or sheltered person who simply denies natural evil/harm, I will suggest to them to look up harlequin disease in Google Images.

enough said

• Like 1

Don't let all the naysayers rain on your parade. I spend about 50% of my daylight hours outside, enjoying nature and it never ceases to surprise me: a sky full of "UFO" lenticular clouds, a double rainbow, a bioluminescent Click Beetle, a Black Racer navigating through a chain link fence, even encroaching jungle tearing apart man's stone temples.

Of course nature can be dangerous, there's disease, wild animals or just the ravages of time. But I feel sorry for people who only see those things and ignore the rest. Sometimes you really do need to stop and smell the flowers.

You are right; nature offers few enough pleasures we should seize the moment when it does.
  • Like 2

Nothing soothes me more than a few hours spent outdoors, whether it's a walk on the beach or working in my garden. Mother Earth doesn't have to care one whit for me in order for me to appreciate it, it's where I feel most balanced and serene.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

Science = modern alchemy, from a Crowley movie

Get yourself out in nature for a little while even in good weather and without civilization you will die. I guess there are a few who could make it, assuming they have tools of modern technology, for maybe a few years. Nature is cold and indifferent and does not care about us nor about the animals who have to constantly be alert and fearful and hungry and eventually die painfully violent deaths from predation or disease anyway.

You just gave a lot of reasons why I love nature, in addition to all the beauty and magic and peace it has. And I think you're wrong about surviving there, as long as you know which plants NOT to eat & dont get hypothermia & find pure water source. Winters in northern regions would be harsh if you had nothing but clothes for your name, but most people would survive even here outdoors like that all year round if they knew some basic things to keep the cold away all day long. The real trouble in winter is what you're gonna eat, unless you go for a piggy-style diet, that is cannibalism. The ground is frozen so you ain't gonna dig roots, and animals are holed up hibernating under the ground, you won't find them. Ice fishing or eating spruce cones for what little you can find & what they're worth, is pretty much all you can do if you're not prepared. And where you gonna get baits to fish with... yeah...

I guess this is why russians didn't just bomb us back to ground zero in WW2, they knew you can't live here in winter if you dont have the infrastructure. Gotta love the cold!

Yup, you would die. People survived a long time without the trappings of civilization. I have known people who do it. People in some places in the world that is their life. At this point I am too messed up to live long without help. If I got someone who won't panic and will listen to instructions, we both might make it. When it comes to survival cooperation is more important than competition. You don't have to have all this junk to survive. I guess growing up in snow country and living in a hurricane zone makes you aware of what it takes to live though extremes situations. If worse comes to worse I can live in the van.

• Like 2

Sometimes when debating theodicy, specifically the problem of natural evil, when I encounter an obstinate or sheltered person who simply denies natural evil/harm, I will suggest to them to look up harlequin disease in Google Images.

enough said

What exactly makes harlequin disease evil? It's just a genetic fault that happens sometimes. The victim usually doesnt suffer long and while they live its something fascinating

Or am I missing your point?

However beautiful Mother Nature may be, she makes it damned hard work to make a living from her!

As for 'post apocalypse' ....as a farmer and ex-soldier, I reckon I stand a reasonable chance of survival....after all, Will Smith managed it, and he's only an actor!

• Like 4

You mentioned one of my favorite things to see- nature reclaiming what man has built.

I love when ivy breaks old stone walls apart, and I used to go to a junkyard where trees were growing through the older cars. I probably still have the photos I took of it somewhere.

We are part of nature . Even with all these important things we do, what keeps us alive? Food (Earth), Fire, Water and ,Air... ... in other words, Nature.

Yes, most people have to work for it... while every other species must interact directly with nature or die. Life can be hard, or worse, but all in all.. it's better than nothing? :lol:

I feel really lucky to have grown up immersed in nature in the 'boonies' so i feel very familiar with and connected to the natural world.

I'm with you LostSouls, it's all Beautiful and Magical to me too .

I could go on and on, but i won't.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

However beautiful Mother Nature may be, she makes it damned hard work to make a living from her!

As for 'post apocalypse' ....as a farmer and ex-soldier, I reckon I stand a reasonable chance of survival....after all, Will Smith managed it, and he's only an actor!

Yes, it's quite hard to make a living from nature when we take the attitute "STUPID NATURE DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO, BEND TO MY WILL MAGGOTS" instead of simply observing and working with nature, cooperation with a little control & thinking from our side... not much failsafe in the rude approach. Humans are an exceptional pest in that our population has not been culled yet, it usually happens when one species becomes too dominating for their own good. Too many rats, cats move in, too many cats, hawks move in, too many hawks, snakes move in (to eat their eggs), so forth.. nobody's eating humans, that's the problem.

Nature is so soothing to the soul. It never asks us for anything back ...

Well, at least until a wolf eats you, or you die normally and your body is decomposed and helps replinish the earth.