Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nature is so beautiful and magical

LostSouls7

Yes, it's quite hard to make a living from nature when we take the attitute "STUPID NATURE DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO, BEND TO MY WILL MAGGOTS" instead of simply observing and working with nature, cooperation with a little control & thinking from our side... not much failsafe in the rude approach. Humans are an exceptional pest in that our population has not been culled yet, it usually happens when one species becomes too dominating for their own good. Too many rats, cats move in, too many cats, hawks move in, too many hawks, snakes move in (to eat their eggs), so forth.. nobody's eating humans, that's the problem.

OK, thanks for the educational info......I'll be sure to try it out. (Cor...all these years of grafting and all the time it's just been my attitude!....Who'd have believed it?)

• Like 2

.Humans are an exceptional pest in that our population has not been culled yet, .

In world war 11 over 60 million people were killed, which was over 2.5% of the world population.

I would call that a significant cull ,not counting deaths in other conflicts before and since

fullywired

Edited by fullywired
  • Like 1

In world war 11 over 60 million people were killed, which was over 2.5% of the world population.

I would call that a significant cull ,not counting deaths in other conflicts before and since

fullywired

Sadly though, it's not just the weak and rotten that is 'culled' through wars. It's the young, strong, healthy and intelligent too. So less of a cull and more of a self-defeating free-for-all massacre.

• Like 1

What is there about the old, weak, diseased and stupid that means they should be culled?

What is there about the old, weak, diseased and stupid that means they should be culled?

Yes, I'd appreciate an answer to this as well.

Edited by Kasha

Survival of the fittest, brightest and best looking. Morally reprehensible when applied to humans but fine with animals it seems. Of course, 'morally reprehensible' to some is 'natural' to others.

Survival of the fittest, brightest and best looking. Morally reprehensible when applied to humans but fine with animals it seems. Of course, 'morally reprehensible' to some is 'natural' to others.

There is where people who don't understand how evolution and culture works. Humans are adapted to live in groups and there are many different ways people fit into the group. It is not always the fit, brightest or the best looking who win.

‘Even the smallest person can change the course of history.’ – Lady Galadriel

• Like 1

There's really no magic to it. It's science. Pure and simple.

Is love science too? I think its Magic.

What exactly makes harlequin disease evil? It's just a genetic fault that happens sometimes. The victim usually doesnt suffer long and while they live its something fascinating

Or am I missing your point?

Yes, you missed it. For theists, this is a problem, specifically, the problem of natural evil. It's an aggravating factor in the case for an omnibenevolent God.

Humans are an exceptional pest in that our population has not been culled yet, it usually happens when one species becomes too dominating for their own good.

There is a carrying capacity for every species in it's environment.

"The earth is finite. Its ability to absorb wastes and destructive effluent is finite. Its ability to provide food and energy is finite. Its ability to provide for growing numbers of people is finite. And we are fast approaching many of the earth's limits."

- Union of Concerned Scientists

(Some 1,700 of the world's leading scientists, including the majority of Nobel laureates in the sciences)

• Like 1

Of course it is.. we just have to wait for a meteor to reset all the crap if nature doesn't work its magic before that, whether it takes decades or centuries or more. It's a matter of time.

But I dont see the point in trashing your house or your environment just because someone else will pick your trash up for you and take care of them for you. Sounds childish.

• Like 2

Yes, you missed it. For theists, this is a problem, specifically, the problem of natural evil. It's an aggravating factor in the case for an omnibenevolent God.

Hm, I guess if I were one of them I'd say that the omnibenevolent God allows suffering in this life because its ultimately irrelevant when they believe in an eternal existence.

If they try to justify it that much at all. My bad though, i mistook what you were saying.

I gain much more understanding with no loss of awe at all when I look behind the curtain.