Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jamesss

Following my experiences with the hag I am interested in hearing stories from others.

What did she look like to you?

What impression were you left with?

Was the experience preceded with vivid nightmares?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

• Like 1

Q: What did she look like to you?

A: A lot older than she felt. Even though she was ugly I was feeling lucky.

Q: What impression were you left with?

A: It was 20 dollars well spent.

Q: Was this experience preceded by vivid nightmares?

A: Yes, but in my defence she had always suffered from them.

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 8

A: leathery skin, huge smile, red laughing eyes- one time she was my mother and morphed into her before my eyes

A: That she knew something about me and wanted to pull me down to the darkness

A: for about 3 years

• Like 2

A: Marilyn Manson from the Mechanical Animals album.

A: Angst, but she played a mean guitar.

A: If wet dream's qualify as nightmares, then yes, for many weeks.

• Like 5

Thanks xzenox for taking this topic seriously. Those who have seen this entity know it is no laughing matter.

In my experiences she appeared to me as an aging hideous crone. tattered filthy clothes like she had just crawled out of a grave. matted filthy ragged hair. sunken black eyes.she emanated evil.Seemed ancient beyond imagination my Impression was that she had no fear of people.that she was powerful and had utter hatred of myself and all people. That she knew about me.wanted me dead

nightmares preceding were vivid and worst ever.

• Like 3

We're just playin' with ya bro, no harm intended.

Truth is, i've never experienced such an event.

Though now that i read about it, i really wouldn't mind if it happend.

Would nicely break up the monotony of my dull sleep patterns.

Edited by Misanthropic
  • Like 1

A sexy women, with dark black hair, but actually had the face of an alien.

Unease, slight arousal, and fear.

Yes.

It's a weird phenomena. I suffered from Sleep paralysis during this stretch also. This was many years ago, and I was reading the book Communion at the time, so that probably explains the Alien face.

I only remember the 'hag' on one vivid experience with the paralysis. She wasn't sitting on my chest like in some reports, but in the corner of the room.

Following my experiences with the hag I am interested in hearing stories from others.

She just looked like a very old wrinkly lady.

Very odd. She held my face in her wrinkly old hands. That was about it.

Sort of. I felt like she was trying to comfort me after the black annubis ghosts I'd seen flying through the walls of my room.

Harte

• Like 1

It looked like our pet dog, but his face was evil looking.

Found it hard to breath as it sat on my chest I could not move, my screams were silent. I was terrified.

No, I could not get back to sleep that night.

With hindsight I realize it was 'Sleep Paralysis'. I no longer sleep on my back when I am exhausted.

• 2 months later...

We're just playin' with ya bro, no harm intended.

Truth is, i've never experienced such an event.

Though now that i read about it, i really wouldn't mind if it happend.

Would nicely break up the monotony of my dull sleep patterns.

Sure I realise that Misanthropic, I appreciate a joke as much as the next guy. Maybe the way I set out my post/question did not encourage in depth replies, I realise this. Truth be told the experience freaked me out so much I just needed to get some feedback from others who have seen this entity/SP hallucination/succubus , whatever you want to call her. I thank serious repliers for this. I read the sleep paralysis post here and found it very interesting but as I have not seen any of the myriad of things described in the replies I wanted to specify this particular entity as this is the one I have seen and this one does seem to be common, both nowadays and back to ancient times. I have read all viewpoints and scientific explanations and am still not entirely convinced completely either way. One more thing. My Mother in law said she hoped she would see it one day. I said that you would never want to wish this upon yourself and I would say the same to you bro. If you ever see her you will know what I mean.

The bravest man would quake in terror. I **** you not.

Edited by Jamesss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would love to hear more on this topic if any other users have experienced it and are inclined to tell their story.

Please disregard the clumsy format I implied in the post. Funny thing about S.P is although it is a uniquely terrifying it is also a fascinating subject. Thanks to all repliers once more. Your feedback is so appreciated.

P.S Xzenox - 3 years of vivid nightmares! I am so feeling for you. The nightmares I had prior to the experience were indescribable in their grotesqueness (sorry if that is not a real word) and different from any others I have had in their reality and content. This is coming from someone who has had a LOT of nightmares. bad ones too, but nothing like that.

Edited by Jamesss
  • Like 1

It disguised itself as my sister. It had this strange glow, like a bright aura, her hair was flowing, and lighter than my sister's. It was freaky.

I was terrified by the experience, and I couldn't fall back to sleep.

No.

• Like 1

Sure I realise that Misanthropic, I appreciate a joke as much as the next guy. Maybe the way I set out my post/question did not encourage in depth replies, I realise this. Truth be told the experience freaked me out so much I just needed to get some feedback from others who have seen this entity/SP hallucination/succubus , whatever you want to call her. I thank serious repliers for this. I read the sleep paralysis post here and found it very interesting but as I have not seen any of the myriad of things described in the replies I wanted to specify this particular entity as this is the one I have seen and this one does seem to be common, both nowadays and back to ancient times. I have read all viewpoints and scientific explanations and am still not entirely convinced completely either way. One more thing. My Mother in law said she hoped she would see it one day. I said that you would never want to wish this upon yourself and I would say the same to you bro. If you ever see her you will know what I mean.

The bravest man would quake in terror. I **** you not.

i imagine it would be a terrifying experience.

But i think knowing it's due to hallucinations would help?

i dunno, either way, good luck man.

i hope you don't have to go through it again!

• Like 1

I could explain that my experiences always seem to occur while looking into the mirror, but I digress............

I don't believe in this one, even though it seems to be a common sighting throughout the ages. Why though? Why does she show herself?

• 4 weeks later...

i imagine it would be a terrifying experience.

But i think knowing it's due to hallucinations would help?

i dunno, either way, good luck man.

i hope you don't have to go through it again!

Dead right misanthropic scariest thing I have ever known. You just do not expect to wake up to this kind of thing.

Two views on this one 1. It is a hallucination symptomatic of sleep paralysis 2. It is an actual spiritual entity. Been wondering for a while whether I concur with one of these 2 points of view. At first I thought this was a genuine spiritual entity, it is just so real and feels like a genuine encounter. Christians (and others) believe so.Man if there are really things like this floating around it is pretty scary. It is not really an old lady, more like a demon or something, really ****ed up and evil. I did not know about sl.p at this time and was really worried. As another poster remarked here , if it is a hallucination why do people have the same one? good question. Since posting I tend to agree more with the second theory. The reason I posted was to see if it always looks the same

and behaved in the same way. This would give some weight to the first theory. It seems there are some differences in how people experience the 'hag' which leads me to think that maybe this hallucination thing has something going for it. Thanks for your kind wishes that I don't see it again. I hope so too bro. It is so evil and freaky whatever it is. Thanks to all posters here, you all rock, Jamess :yes:

• Like 2

You don't see her face,she just told u down and that I can't get up this happend to me a few times creepy

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

A: She looked slightly see-through, skin looked like wood with age. I was the closest to her at the window so i was awake and not the only one to see her.

A: This is not natural. ****.

Q: Was the experience preceded with vivid nightmares?

A: I started to experience Sleep paralysis after this event. No hag involved but a gold mist instead.

•  
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This old hag business is more like "old hat" business. So many studies have revealed this to be nothing more than a person still stuck in a dreamlike state. I'd go as far as to say most people outright make it up for attention. I had sleep paralysis from a very early age, and even into my early-to-mid teens when it, as far as I know, stopped. Never once have I ever seen an "old hag," in fact, it wasn't until reading supposedly paranormal accounts that I even heard about an old hag, and frankly, I think it's a load of nonsense that people like to claim they've seen when they haven't. 

Sleep paralysis is perfectly normal, it happens to a lot of people, especially in younger age. It's just your body in a state between waking and sleeping, so it's very confusing and can be uncomfortable to experience. I don't doubt that some people have dreamed all manner of things during this sometimes stressful experience, and if you look into the "paranormal accounts," the old hag isn't even always an old hag, it ranges from a grim  reaper-like being, to a generic hooded person, to a woman, an old woman, and even a midget! It's just nonsense, it's your mind freaking out because your body is asleep, so it conjures up these silly images like a fever dream. I still do stand by my own opinion that most people flat-out make these stories up for attention. 

On 9/28/2014 at 5:52 AM, Jamesss said:

Dead right misanthropic scariest thing I have ever known. You just do not expect to wake up to this kind of thing.

Two views on this one 1. It is a hallucination symptomatic of sleep paralysis 2. It is an actual spiritual entity. Been wondering for a while whether I concur with one of these 2 points of view. At first I thought this was a genuine spiritual entity, it is just so real and feels like a genuine encounter. Christians (and others) believe so.Man if there are really things like this floating around it is pretty scary. It is not really an old lady, more like a demon or something, really ****ed up and evil. I did not know about sl.p at this time and was really worried. As another poster remarked here , if it is a hallucination why do people have the same one? good question. Since posting I tend to agree more with the second theory. The reason I posted was to see if it always looks the same

and behaved in the same way. This would give some weight to the first theory. It seems there are some differences in how people experience the 'hag' which leads me to think that maybe this hallucination thing has something going for it. Thanks for your kind wishes that I don't see it again. I hope so too bro. It is so evil and freaky whatever it is. Thanks to all posters here, you all rock, Jamess :yes:

If "demons" truly exist, I highly doubt they'd spend their time sitting on Joe Public's chest while he sleeps in order to freak him out for a few minutes, but apparently, floating about in the netherworld is somewhat boring, so maybe. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gilbert Syndrome said:

This old hag business is more like "old hat" business. So many studies have revealed this to be nothing more than a person still stuck in a dreamlike state. I'd go as far as to say most people outright make it up for attention. I had sleep paralysis from a very early age, and even into my early-to-mid teens when it, as far as I know, stopped. Never once have I ever seen an "old hag," in fact, it wasn't until reading supposedly paranormal accounts that I even heard about an old hag, and frankly, I think it's a load of nonsense that people like to claim they've seen when they haven't. 

No study has revealed SP to be nothing more than a dream state. That just isn’t true. I’ve read all there is to read on the subject, and they know for a fact almost nothing about it. 

They have some theories, but they do not actually know. Often those theories fall apart when closely examined next to many of the cases. 

• Like 1

67075-4-1434771362.jpg

On 6/19/2014 at 10:52 AM, Jamesss said:

This is a new one to me.  So what is this hag supposed to be other than a bad dream?